Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #521  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:41 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Brad the whole point was you make the claim the pedophiles will not use the gay agenda and results to further theit fight and are wrong. The acts are both sick and wrong no one dispputes that. You are still missing the point all together. Your logic is flawed because you are building it on a flase premise. The argument was and still is if we allows gay certain rights than other groups of the sexual prefrence catergory will want the same rights. They will get it because America has always been weak in being black and white
i never said they wouldn't use that argument......thats funny.....i said they would never succeed....big difference.
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

[QUOTE=bradwright;146457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
1. That's true, but since you've been specifically talking about laws protecting children that's what I commented on.

2. You are leaping and bounding...still. I haven't ever commented period on the difference between them because I never meant anything I've said so far in my posts TO BE A COMPARISON IN THAT WAY other than what I've stated that both are perversions and both are wrong.[/QUOTE]

and thats not a comparison ?...its not me thats leaping and bounding here Bonnie....somebody brought up the comparison in this conversation but it wasn't me....i just pointed out the very clear differences that make it virtually impossible to compare the two at all.
Did you not see "IN THAT WAY other than what I've stated...."???

Brad, I've clarified, Nate's clarified, and ChrisF has clarified what was meant by mentioning pedaphiles; it wasn't meant to be taken as a side-by-side comparison of the two in the way you keep saying. You leaped to that conclusion and apparently are going to stick to it like a bur on a donkey's butt no matter what we say...so be it.
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-31-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Brad you need to take a class in logic you are cluess man. BTW sodomy is still illegal in almost every state the problem is they do not enforce those laws on fear of lawsuit. So cities and states cave in order to spare the cost. You may want to educate yourself before you flap your gums with such nonsesne. So lets review so you can understand. Your logic is that they are different because one is illegal the other is not. The facts are in most municpalites they are both illegal. So you case is shot go dig up a better excuse. BTW I noticed NateR found some leaks in your argument but I'll addresst that comment when I get to it.

Hi all. I tried to stay out of this but found myself unable. There are so many things I wish to reply to, some have already been touched upon, but I'll do my best to leave them be. Happy New Year to all.


Hey Chris, most states (if not all) abolished the laws against sodomy as they were ruled as being unconstitutional. Read the highlights of the Supreme Court case Lawrence vs Texas. What about the equal protection clause? Do you think not allowing gays to serve violates this?
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:55 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

This thread kills the Huerta thread...

Which is sad, because 99% of people agreed in that thread...
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Hi all. I tried to stay out of this but found myself unable. There are so many things I wish to reply to, some have already been touched upon, but I'll do my best to leave them be. Happy New Year to all.


Hey Chris, most states (if not all) abolished the laws against sodomy as they were ruled as being unconstitutional. Read the highlights of the Supreme Court case Lawrence vs Texas. What about the equal protection clause? Do you think not allowing gays to serve violates this?
Hey Buzzard!

Where you been?

It's not the same posting in these political threads without you...

and I know...I have been your biggest hater (and still am)....but where the heck ya been?
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Bonnie;146485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post

Did you not see "IN THAT WAY other than what I've stated...."???

Brad, I've clarified, Nate's clarified, and ChrisF has clarified what was meant by mentioning pedaphiles; it wasn't meant to be taken as a side-by-side comparison of the two in the way you keep saying. You leaped to that conclusion and apparently are going to stick to it like a bur on a donkey's butt no matter what we say...so be it.
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Hey Buzzard!

Where you been?

It's not the same posting in these political threads without you...

and I know...I have been your biggest hater (and still am)....but where the heck ya been?
Making a list and checking it twice...

I'm teas'n ya, Buzzard!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
A better comparison would be pedophiles. Something that is considered a crime right now, but with the way things are going, we will be having this exact same discussion 20-30 years from now about a man's "right" to have sex with a 5-year-old boy.

Don't believe me? Do a search on NAMBLA and read about what they stand for. The most disturbing fact about pedophiles is that the children they victimize are not always unwilling sexual partners.

If you side with the homosexuals now, then you MUST also side with the pedophiles when it comes time for them to demand their "rights." Otherwise, there is a flaw in your logic. Because, LOGICALLY, if a man is born with a preference for men; then, LOGICALLY, a person could also be born with a preference for children, multiple partners, animals, etc. And who are you to deny those people their "civil rights"?

I can't help but bring my belief in GOD into this. For those of us who truly believe in GOD and in His Son, Jesus Christ, then there is no way to form an opinion about anything without bringing GOD into it.

I agree that "All men are created equal" but that is a completely separate issue from military service. No one has a right to serve in the military. You might as well claim that those who are born blind, deaf, mentally handicapped, or unable to walk are having their civil rights violated by being denied military service.

This is not a civil rights issue. Those who believe it is have simply fallen for the deception.
here you go Bonnie....i know you must have just missed this post from near the beginning of this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
here you go Bonnie....i know you must have just missed this post from near the beginning of this thread.
Nope, I actually quoted that post of Nate's and commented on it. I guess you missed it. Like I said, he clarified in a later post to you what he meant.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Hi all. I tried to stay out of this but found myself unable. There are so many things I wish to reply to, some have already been touched upon, but I'll do my best to leave them be. Happy New Year to all.


Hey Chris, most states (if not all) abolished the laws against sodomy as they were ruled as being unconstitutional. Read the highlights of the Supreme Court case Lawrence vs Texas. What about the equal protection clause? Do you think not allowing gays to serve violates this?
Buzzard, the military has a separate justice system with JAG lawyers, judges, prison (Fort Leavenworth) and laws (Uniform Code of Military Justice). Sodomy is still illegal under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. It has not been declared unconstitutional.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.