Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #511  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,909
Default

In many ways...At least to the American people, the Consitution is supposed to be Sacred.

Adherance to the Consitution is not Bondage...it is the only way to be truely Free. The only other place you hear of such things is in direct relation to Scripture. The Constitution is also supposed to be timeless, meaning it is always applicable, and true today, yesterday, tommmorow...The same is said to be true of Scripture.

Im alright with that...because in our Culture the same was supposed to be true for something known as The Divine Right of Kingship.

I know the argument is that GOD wrote the Bible, and thus its Scripture....and GOD did not write the Constitution....but consider that those who did Write it, truely believed that it was their mission, and duty under GOD to produce such a document...in the same way that We have a Monarch that doesnt change and stands for Tradition and continuity...so the Constitution is a similar thing.

These two insitutions, may be the highest form of Man Created things.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I don't agree with the government taking people's homes to build shopping malls or roads, but that has been happening since the days of the founding fathers if I'm not mistaken... No it has not. This is new. The only thing that they could take it for was roads or schools. The fouders would heve grabbed their guns if this happened in their day. They took up arms because he army was allowed to sleep in their houses by law so I doubt they would take kindly to the gov making them give up land for strip mall

I also don't think we need to toss the piece of paper out, and I do understand the significance of having the rules outlined in writing, but we can't let it tie our hands at every turn either. I think there are some things we should be unified on and other things the government should stay out of. Don't get me wrong either, I know the government is not perfect and it's not always run efficiently. That goes for everything from the DMV, to local cops, to the FBI, all the way up to the President. I still think that regardless of that, we are better off WITH some things having central oversight rather than without.
Cenrtal oversight is good so lang as it is local and constitutional
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Of course locals are more likely to find missing people faster, there are MORE locals than FEDS, that's just a numbers game.

Fact is, if some back-woods county in Alabama doesn't have the money or doesn't wanna spend the money (because government is evil) on properly equipping their local police then many serious crimes can slip right through the cracks. The FBI is essentially the national police, and if we are going to bother having any federal laws whatsoever, then we should have an agency that enforces those laws.
JB that is a fallacy it is a sever straw man if there ever was one. Can you prove this with data? The federal law are suppose to only invole interstate stuff and national policies. And those are the only one allowed by the 10th. The real reason the civil war was fought was the 10th amendment. Since the north won the 10th became null and void and we have gone donw the crapper since
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
cough* spellcheck* cough*
Takes to much time
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Section 533 of Title 28 of the United States Code disagrees with you about the validity of the FBI. It's also been around for years and the only people I hear calling for it to be abolished is Ron Paul and his supporters or hippy conspiracy theorists who think the whole world is out to get them.

To comment about child porn being legal, that's what I'm afraid of if we left it in the hands of locals. You will have small sections of the country with radical views going out of their way to push that kind of crap through based on some retarded principle. Just like you have judges in Vermont right now giving probation to people who rape children.

On second thought, maybe we should let some random state or county legalize that crap...then when all the pervs flock there we can drop a bomb on the place.
Welcome to America that was and is the whole point behaind a republican for of gov with a constitution. That was the founders plan. This is why some states had slavery while others did not etc etc. By the people for the people not by the gov for the feds.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
Really ?...thats all you got ?
Chris is going to rip you a new one girlie.


or was that comment directed at me ?

either way i'm still putting my money on Chris !
I am sure it was for me my typing is horrible and spelling is sloppy. But as far as arguments go yeah that was pretty weak and typical of desperation. But I doubt she did it as an argument si no need to rip anyone a new anyhting I am sure Mike thinks her old ones are just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
your coming into this discussion a little late i see...no one ever said that being gay was okay....i was just saying its not comparable at all to a pedophile that rapes and kills innocent children....or do you think i'm wrong as well ?

oops....guess you weren't talking to me at all.....although i'm sure you can see how i would make a mistake like that....bradwright and Spiritwalker are oh so similar that i'm surprised more people dont make the same mistake i did.
Brad the whole point was you make the claim the pedophiles will not use the gay agenda and results to further theit fight and are wrong. The acts are both sick and wrong no one dispputes that. You are still missing the point all together. Your logic is flawed because you are building it on a flase premise. The argument was and still is if we allows gay certain rights than other groups of the sexual prefrence catergory will want the same rights. They will get it because America has always been weak in being black and white
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
1.the same can be said for every law ever written.

2.you dont seem to have much faith in the majority of people out there....and i'm really amazed you see no difference in the two.
The majority think as we do in this country Brad but as the liberal indoctirination centers AKA public school keep turing out mindless zombies who have no God than it will shift and little boys and girls will be violated much like the elderly and unborn are now.
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
In many ways...At least to the American people, the Consitution is supposed to be Sacred.

Adherance to the Consitution is not Bondage...it is the only way to be truely Free. The only other place you hear of such things is in direct relation to Scripture. The Constitution is also supposed to be timeless, meaning it is always applicable, and true today, yesterday, tommmorow...The same is said to be true of Scripture.

Im alright with that...because in our Culture the same was supposed to be true for something known as The Divine Right of Kingship.

I know the argument is that GOD wrote the Bible, and thus its Scripture....and GOD did not write the Constitution....but consider that those who did Write it, truely believed that it was their mission, and duty under GOD to produce such a document...in the same way that We have a Monarch that doesnt change and stands for Tradition and continuity...so the Constitution is a similar thing.

These two insitutions, may be the highest form of Man Created things.
Dave I do not htink anyone thinks God wrote it. The principals set down are based on bible but not for one second would or should anyone thing it was divine inspiration on the same level as scripture. It was made to protect us from becoming like England and more free. The founders loathed democracy and monarchy and choose a republic because then it is a nation of laws and not the whim of the majority.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:38 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Bonnie;146430]1. That's true, but since you've been specifically talking about laws protecting children that's what I commented on.

2. You are leaping and bounding...still. I haven't ever commented period on the difference between them because I never meant anything I've said so far in my posts TO BE A COMPARISON IN THAT WAY other than what I've stated that both are perversions and both are wrong.[/QUOTE]

and thats not a comparison ?...its not me thats leaping and bounding here Bonnie....somebody brought up the comparison in this conversation but it wasn't me....i just pointed out the very clear differences that make it virtually impossible to compare the two at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.