Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:44 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No its not.

Choosing Sexuality as the basis of who to trust is the most riddiculous and stupid thing I have ever heard anyone say.

You dont know the first thing about homosexuality, so why you suddenly know about how the homosexual mind twists brotherhood into something sexual is beyond me. Up until a week ago, you didnt seem to realize some gays live completely mognamously, for years!! Now you assume because they are gay, everysingle man they look at they want to rape or something???

Thats like saying men and women cant work together, because the man just thinks of sex all day long.
true story bro ...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
yes it is...because if a hetro accidently lets slip...he doesnt get punished does he.

Sure you shouldnt be flaughnting your sexuality...but there is a difference between flaughting, and living in fear that someone will discover the truth and hate you for it.

So now...regardless of what sex you find attractive, noone needs to worry that they will get into trouble. Now maybe the homosexuals can stop being anxious about getting into trouble and concentrate on their jobs, and perhaps the hetrosexuals can just leave the homosexuals alone and get on with their jobs also.

Honnestly...the fact that this is even an issue in such an important environment is outrageous...havent your soldiers and your government got anything better to do, then worry about if the person next to them is gay, or worry about being outted.

For goodness sake! its like a bloody school playground!!! I do hope our Military isnt like yours in that respect.
Are you kidding me? You know how much trouble men get in the service over sexual harassment on women? Its not taken lightly anymore.. A woman cannot flaunt or act inappropriately either they can be kicked out. So it works both ways.. I also don't appreciate your poke at our military!!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
well, the armed forces is about honor and integrity. Like with anything else, without a moral foundation you have nothing.

That is to say, without the restraint of one's own conscience evil begins to form. That is what we have with society right now. We have tried to compel righteousness via law. But in the process we have said righteousness is relative, so only what is law is right.

Making homosexuality legal, or forcing others to tolerate does not make it moral.

Without a moral basis, we can do what we want as long as we can get away with it. If my desire to please God did not prevent me from murdering, and i thought i could get away with it then i would do it if it suited me. So would thousands of others..... and unfortunately they have and ARE, because we have taken away the teaching of God and Absolute Truth. The law doesn't scare me but God does.

So about DADT? Well, homosexuality is an abomination. So is beastiality, incest, rape, and murder. And that is why they are not allowed in the military either.

How would it be to let a murderer openly serve in the military? Or a pedophile openly serve?

Tyburn, would you like to attend westboro baptist church? The church that is absolutely not a church and not baptist, and goes around protesting and flying nothing but hate signs and rhetoric? Would you please attend and join that church? Just ignore their values and you will be fine.

It's the same thing. You could not support that church any more than i could support the military and those in it that are moral scum, be it murderers, child molesters, rapists or sodomites.

It completely undermines the honor the military once had.

Is the military going to allow gay killers in the military under the pretense that they just have a mental disorder---- i think not


NateR, i would contend with only one thing you said, that sodomy is a mental disorder. Sodomy is no more a mental disorder than murder and rape is. I am predisposed to egging the houses of jerks and a$$holes, and robbing banks but somehow if i do that i don't think the mental disorder thing will hold up. I say it is a spiritual disorder, a CHOICE, that has consequences. Both immediately and eternally
Honour and integrity is not a Morality, it is a code of conduct. Thats not the same. Morality is a set of rules that is defined by someone higher then yourself, honour and integrity is basically nothing short of opinion. What I class as honourable, you might not.

So that gets rid of the major premise of your argument about a psydeo religion.

They are asked to work along side a homosexual...it so isnt that difficult...I put up with working along side Hetrosexuals everyday. I say! how do I cope
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Are you kidding me? You know how much trouble men get in the service over sexual harassment on women? Its not taken lightly anymore.. A woman cannot flaunt or act inappropriately either they can be kicked out. So it works both ways.. I also don't appreciate your poke at our military!!
Anyone acting inappropriately should be kicked out!! that should go without saying!!!

if you are doing your job, then you dont have time to sexually harras anyone, and you shouldnt have time to flaunt anything either.

You shouldnt need to be told this...its not a "Military" thing...its something that is applicable to ANY employment period. You are paid to do a Job, get on and do it...dont complain, dont moan, dont mess around, dont slack, dont harrass, dont flaunt...do your job, and do it to the best of your ability.

Do you dissagree with ANY of the above???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Anyone acting inappropriately should be kicked out!! that should go without saying!!!

if you are doing your job, then you dont have time to sexually harras anyone, and you shouldnt have time to flaunt anything either.

You shouldnt need to be told this...its not a "Military" thing...its something that is applicable to ANY employment period. You are paid to do a Job, get on and do it...dont complain, dont moan, dont mess around, dont slack, dont harrass, dont flaunt...do your job, and do it to the best of your ability.

Do you dissagree with ANY of the above???
Thats exactly the point of DADT Tyburn!!! So they don't get harassed for their protection. Also for other reasons!! This is just setting up division amongest our troops and frankly not necessary. Property of US government so your points... don't complain, don't moan, etc.. All valid...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Who or what a person screws has no business in with an armed forces members daily job. Therefore allowing them to actively engage in a lifestyle of homosexuality is opening a can of worms that should not be opened... Don't ask! Why? It's no ones business.. And don't tell! Why? No one wants to know! Do your job end of story gay or straight. This is not an anti-gay campaign Tyburn.
i understand that ... but i am sure it comes out in conversation anyways ... i have never been in the military, but i am sure the DT part of DADT was only specified to gays ... i don't think a guy that tells his roomate that he has a wife and kid at home, or puts up a picture of his wife near his bunk is gonna get in trouble, but the gay would ... but i could be wrong .. you either have full disclosure or you simply say that homosexuals cannot serve in the military
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Thats exactly the point of DADT Tyburn!!! So they don't get harassed for their protection. Also for other reasons!! This is just setting up division amongest our troops and frankly not necessary. Property of US government so your points... don't complain, don't moan, etc.. All valid...
They shouldnt have to live in fear of being discovered. They shouldnt lie in an environment where trust is important...if they lie about their sexuality, how do you know they wont lie about something else.

So I think that homosexuals should be allowed into the military...and shouldnt need to lie about their orientation IF asked. BUT I dont believe that anyone should do anything inappropriate.

Thats why I've said all along...this is a non issue...if everyone does their jobs, and everyone respects and honours each other, and noone has to lie in an arena where trust is so important...then surely it will be more cohesive...and yes if ANYONE acts inappropriately...Hetro, Homo, Male, Female...Anyone...get rid of them.

These are the rules that most employers work under. It is what I expect when I go to work. I dont tollerate fools in the work place...because I believe we are their to work...we are not paid to mess around...I dont worry though about people finding out im gay...I dont fear that if my boss knew he would sack me...but neither will you find my boss and I speaking about it really...its not the time or the place

But then, dont forget there is other forms of harrasment aswell as sexual...Call me fat in the work place, and you'll be seeing the inside of the industrial compactor before the end of the day

I Kid, I Kid....but I dont tollerate verbal abuse full stop.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
What would possess you to be so vulgar with that statement? What are "poor inner city people?" Have you served in the military or do you? If you feel embarrassed you outta go get yourself out there and serve..
I don't view that as vulgar at all.

It is a fact that recruiters market to the poor. And is that a bad thing? Nope, not at all. That is how they got me. I just backed out when I found out that there were a few basic "lies".. that I was told...

I was "poor inner city youth"... And I pretty much hate to see people exploited.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I don't view that as vulgar at all.

It is a fact that recruiters market to the poor. And is that a bad thing? Nope, not at all. That is how they got me. I just backed out when I found out that there were a few basic "lies".. that I was told...

I was "poor inner city youth"... And I pretty much hate to see people exploited.
But what led you to believe they were inner city youth? I don't feel someone joining the military is being exploited. I think it's a great opportunity for anyone poor or rich. Of course the lies come with enlistening someone, but truthfully speaking a lot of work is put into enlisting someone..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i understand that ... but i am sure it comes out in conversation anyways ... i have never been in the military, but i am sure the DT part of DADT was only specified to gays ... i don't think a guy that tells his roomate that he has a wife and kid at home, or puts up a picture of his wife near his bunk is gonna get in trouble, but the gay would ... but i could be wrong .. you either have full disclosure or you simply say that homosexuals cannot serve in the military
I was not in either so I can't fully answer that. I was married to one, daughter of one, sister of one...I just think with full disclosure it will divide everyone..I think Obama outta be worrying about our high unemployment rate and other things before he does this to get high liberal approval ratings..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.