Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-30-2010, 06:38 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
The state level is constitutional the federal is not Apples and oranges my friend. The 10th amendment. And if I do not like that state I can move. Why do you think the whole gay marriage thing is pushed at the state level? Chew on it JB When we let the Feds dictate our lives we loose freedom.
Again, back to a 200 year old piece of paper...

There is no difference from letting a "state" run my life or a "country". I don't have a problem with states having their own laws, but we NEED some central oversight on some things. Constitution or not.

I don't like the fact that weirdo judges in liberal cities let pedophiles get off with a slap on the wrists. I think the FEDERAL government should come in lay the smack down EVERYWHERE when it comes to that. If you wanna call this a country, and we are all going to fly the same flag, there should be some things that are "universal", and I'm NOT talking about healthcare.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:42 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I have yet to be stomped.. and since the laws were fulfilled.. then you would have to agree that there was a change.... hmmmm...?

My comment wasn't even directed at you.. but if you continue to imply that I am uneducated.. I will take issue... The closest I have come to being rude to you is to call you closed minded.. and that is kindda like calling the ocean wet..

Just let me know when it is ok to imply specific things about you.. Or to be rude to you.. mmmm'k.... And why do you continue to rob my "please" remark.. and when can I/we see your List.. and when are you going to show me all these comments that are locked away... that you studied for 7 years... and when are you going to go back and sit at the little table.. and leave the dining room table for the adults?... and when are you going to admit that you mis spelled the name of one of the guys that you "studied for 7 years"...
hey buddie this is your lucky day because it just so happens i was given a free pass at being as rude to Chris as i want from none other then Nate himself ! !
and i would like to exercise my Nate given right by passing it on to you because i know you could do a much better job of bringing Chris down a few pegs then i EVER COULD ! !
lets face it i just dont have the mental capacity to deal with Chris on any level what so ever....and if you dont believe me just ask Chris...i'm sure he would be quick to agree.

all i ask though is just give me a few minutes before you start so i can make myself some popcorn and get comfy.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
oh good point

kinda like we protect the unborn from slaughter when we decide we don't want them, all while putting a pretty little name on it called abortion there'e no way we would kill babies

.......again
nobody is talking about unborn children here.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Twinsmama

You 3 take the fun out of a good discussion. Aren't you guys grown ups? a few people have asked nicely to stop bashing each other. (brad,spirit and chris) try turning on your filter. i've got mine on so it keeps me from telling you how stupid you are acting.

i think the 3 of you are all smart but none have common sense smarts. it's obvious that snide comments towards each other are doing nothing for the discussion. i can honestly say i would never ask any of you for advice on anything. if i didn't feel the same way would i be belittled?

don't even bother answering because i don't care what you think. if i want to hear people bicker like you i'll go play w/ my 6 year olds....
Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Again, back to a 200 year old piece of paper...

There is no difference from letting a "state" run my life or a "country". I don't have a problem with states having their own laws, but we NEED some central oversight on some things. Constitution or not.

I don't like the fact that weirdo judges in liberal cities let pedophiles get off with a slap on the wrists. I think the FEDERAL government should come in lay the smack down EVERYWHERE when it comes to that. If you wanna call this a country, and we are all going to fly the same flag, there should be some things that are "universal", and I'm NOT talking about healthcare.
Than we can no longer be called th eUnited States of America and we would need to rewrite everything. What you are wanting is a full blown democracy and that was the same thing that led many empires and countires to destructions. The constitution must be there to protect us from the GOV. Tell that to the people in Missouri who had the property taken for a shopping mall because the gov thought it was for the public good. Even at the local lever there must be a protectinon. If you toss out the piece of paper than you have none and get ready for the downfall.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
hey buddie this is your lucky day because it just so happens i was given a free pass at being as rude to Chris as i want from none other then Nate himself ! !
and i would like to exercise my Nate given right by passing it on to you because i know you could do a much better job of bringing Chris down a few pegs then i EVER COULD ! !
lets face it i just dont have the mental capacity to deal with Chris on any level what so ever....and if you dont believe me just ask Chris...i'm sure he would be quick to agree.

all i ask though is just give me a few minutes before you start so i can make myself some popcorn and get comfy.
Gotta go to work Brad sorry but it will have to wait till avbout 2 or 3 AM when I get back. Brad apart form your presumpitious and sanctiomounis spirit you have not said anyhting I'd find offense and I doubt Admant did either that is why he has acted in such a fectious why towards you. If you got a point make it and back it up with facts. Just saying I am right stop being close minded is not good enough. If you think the manboy lovers are not trying to get their love accepted you really got no clue. Maybe in Canada they are not but here they are trying real hard and since this is about America you will need to show that MAMBA is not using the GALBA agenda to help their cause. No one disagrees that the act is the same but the desired result is anf that was NateR point all along. Give an inch then everyone will want a piece.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
nobody is talking about unborn children here.
It is just showing you how Ameircan will not even defend the unborn so it is doubtful they will always protect the young. Just look at the way we treat the elderly here. Sorry grandma you are a burden so we will send you to a home and hopefully tht will peed up your death so we can cash in your hard earned life. You have to much faith in society.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
God forbid someone in your family ever comes up missing or dead you would think very different of the FBI. Your response is very weak.
I can careless if it is weak it is the truth and it is constitutionally correct. Stats show the local find missing people way faster than the fibbies. So in all honesty Foxy your comeback was even weaker. FBI has a horrible track record.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:20 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
You 3 take the fun out of a good discussion. Aren't you guys grown ups? a few people have asked nicely to stop bashing each other. (brad,spirit and chris) try turning on your filter. i've got mine on so it keeps me from telling you how stupid you are acting.

i think the 3 of you are all smart but none have common sense smarts. it's obvious that snide comments towards each other are doing nothing for the discussion. i can honestly say i would never ask any of you for advice on anything. if i didn't feel the same way would i be belittled?

don't even bother answering because i don't care what you think. if i want to hear people bicker like you i'll go play w/ my 6 year olds....
well if you really have it on then how would you know what we are saying ?

besides although i have been rude a few times in this debate for the most part i am just having some fun joking around with a few people here...try not to take everything so literal...and as far as not taking any advice from some of the people in this discussion go's thats to bad you feel that way because no matter what some of them might say to me i still realize they are very intelligent and i for one know i can learn a great deal from them in the long run.

anyway sorry we have offended you.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Than we can no longer be called th eUnited States of America and we would need to rewrite everything. What you are wanting is a full blown democracy and that was the same thing that led many empires and countires to destructions. The constitution must be there to protect us from the GOV. Tell that to the people in Missouri who had the property taken for a shopping mall because the gov thought it was for the public good. Even at the local lever there must be a protectinon. If you toss out the piece of paper than you have none and get ready for the downfall.
I don't agree with the government taking people's homes to build shopping malls or roads, but that has been happening since the days of the founding fathers if I'm not mistaken...

I also don't think we need to toss the piece of paper out, and I do understand the significance of having the rules outlined in writing, but we can't let it tie our hands at every turn either. I think there are some things we should be unified on and other things the government should stay out of. Don't get me wrong either, I know the government is not perfect and it's not always run efficiently. That goes for everything from the DMV, to local cops, to the FBI, all the way up to the President. I still think that regardless of that, we are better off WITH some things having central oversight rather than without.