Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
you contradict yourself here, You claim he is soverign and in the same breathe calim he changed his mind. That is a impossible. He is either soverign or not. If he is than he knew the result and thus allowed Moses the free will to mkae the chnage. GOd knew it would happen so thus not a mind change or a contradiction. Only Atheist use that exmaple I am surprised you would use it
Seems that God changed his mind.. at one time and flooded the entire world..
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Aren't online arguments the best?

We all think we are landing an Anthony Pettis kick with every sentence...
Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i believe in God just the same as you do but i dont believe being Gay and being a pedophile should ever be compared....i find it to be rather insulting to the countless number of children out there that have been preyed upon by human predators and have had either there lives ruined or their lives taken in the process.

while being gay is not something i believe to be without sin i do see it to be without legal consequences in most parts of the free world.
I'm with you, Brad.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Aren't online arguments the best?

We all think we are landing an Anthony Pettis kick with every sentence...

Yup, I just couldn't stay out of the fray.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
well Nate i tried to send you a PM but you have me blocked.
anyway take a look at post 269 and 306 and let me know if you consider those a bit insulting or not.
I don't have anyone blocked from being able to PM me. However, there is a recurring technical glitch that sometimes prevents me from receiving PMs and I never really know if the glitch has returned until someone notifies me that they can't PM me. It should be working again now. Go ahead and try to PM me again while I try to locate the source of this glitch.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
i know thats what you are saying but i dont agree in slightest.

allowing gays in the military has nothing what so ever to do with pedophiles raping and killing children.
I never said anything about raping or killing. Those are crimes that are completely outside of the scope of this discussion.

However, the main argument that the pedophiles try to use is that the children can be consenting to the relationship. So if the child actually wants to engage in sexual activities with the adult, then these people claim that we shouldn't deprive them of their "right" to do so.

So, I'm not talking about a man forcibly raping and killing a young child, I'm talking about a child who wants to engage in sexual relations with an adult. That's the truly disturbing side of pedophilia that many people don't even realize exists: consenting sex between an adult and a child. That is what I am comparing to homosexuality, not murder or rape.

Of course, we have statutory rape laws and age of consent laws designed to prevent that from happening, but it is those exact same laws that the pedophile advocacy groups are trying to have declared unconstitutional and a violation of children's civil rights. If we allow the Gay Rights movement to continue to characterize homosexuality as a civil rights issue, then the pedophiles will very likely be the next group of people in our streets demanding their "rights."
Old 12-30-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Of course, we have statutory rape laws and age of consent laws designed to prevent that from happening, but it is those exact same laws that the pedophile advocacy groups are trying to have declared unconstitutional and a violation of children's civil rights. If we allow the Gay Rights movement to continue to characterize homosexuality as a civil rights issue, then the pedophiles will very likely be the next group of people in our streets demanding their "rights."
Good Lord, I hope not.

This is just a knotty issue; my opinions/feelings about gay rights has changed over the years. As I know more people - acquaintances, friends and relatives on both sides of our family - I have to say that I want them to have the same privileges re: inheritance, health care, etc., as I do. OTOH, I feel the military CiCs know what is best for their servicepeople so I wouldn't presume to know better. I believe marriage is and should remain between a man and a woman only. Gays should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I'm not sure what that pursuit should entail legally. It all just makes my head hurt.

The people that take part in the Gay Pride parades - esp. the Castro thing - just hurt their own cause and turn off people who might otherwise be sympathetic.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:13 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Just curious...

Did we decide weather or not the FBI is a productive agency?

Considering all their work against child-predators....
No! No! That was NBC.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:23 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
No! No! That was NBC.

Oh, you think GSP is boring?!?!?

Why don't you have a seat right over there....

Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Oh, you think GSP is boring?!?!?

Why don't you have a seat right over there....

Funny that you should mention GSP in this thread....