Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
do you have the heart to tell them they can't be n combat?
Sure I would...

Quote:
What's that? You wouldn't let them be in combat? Isn't that discrimination? You wouldn't discriminate would you? But what if he loves his country? Oh okay, then it would be okay.
there are many combat roles... Of course you remember the movie 300.. Ephialtes couldn't lift his shield...he became a tratior...

Quote:
they don't want to be discriminated against, but they sure don't mind parking in the handicapped spots when it is snowing and five below out, they don't mind that special treatment
you know... when did we start dragging the handicapped.. into this

Parking spaces and such.. is extending a helping hand...not easy getting by in this world without two arms and two legs... but there is a guy in my bjj class with no legs.. his take downs are great and you can not break his grip if he grabs you.. so maybe we all don't think of "handicapped" the same.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
But not everyone in this country shares the same belifes in regards to religion.. A religious standard for a country based on freedoms would be very difficult (granted there are plenty of Christian and Jewish standards in the USA that most people don't even know about)...then you start having disagreements on which religious view should be used to draw standards.. then the other groups complain.. then some kook from a really small groups make a bomb... or the biggest group has a crusade/jihad..
I agree with you here. Spirit.

America is not guided by Gods law... I'm sorry if you feel differently but it's just not the case Adam.

As much as you would like to see Sodomites and the like made criminals it just don't jive in America homes...

America is not about God's law on earth it's about equality for all who live in it... It a hard truth but a truth none the less.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

America is not guided by Gods law... I'm sorry if you feel differently but it's just not the case Adam.

As much as you would like to see Sodomites and the like made criminals it just don't jive in America homes...

America is not about God's law on earth it's about equality for all who live in it... It a hard truth but a truth none the less.
This is acording to you. The declaration of Independence still says our rights coe from our creator. Our constitution was based upon biblical principals as was the plan of the fouder who wrote them. Just because some modern fools want to change things does not make it truth. If you tell a lie enough than people will start claiming it is true, just as you have here.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
But not everyone in this country shares the same belifes in regards to religion.. A religious standard for a country based on freedoms would be very difficult (granted there are plenty of Christian and Jewish standards in the USA that most people don't even know about)...then you start having disagreements on which religious view should be used to draw standards.. then the other groups complain.. then some kook from a really small groups make a bomb... or the biggest group has a crusade/jihad..
conceded

BUT my point remains, you have to have a superior standard, not just a detiorating standard of whatever political class happened to buy their power

Quote:
Sure I would...

there are many combat roles... Of course you remember the movie 300.. Ephialtes couldn't lift his shield...he became a tratior...

you know... when did we start dragging the handicapped.. into this

Parking spaces and such.. is extending a helping hand...not easy getting by in this world without two arms and two legs... but there is a guy in my bjj class with no legs.. his take downs are great and you can not break his grip if he grabs you.. so maybe we all don't think of "handicapped" the same.
crisco started it j/k crisco

i'm not at all complaining, i am just pointing out the double standard

including your own hypocritical views, they are either handicapped or not, but don't try to have your cake and eat it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

America is not guided by Gods law... I'm sorry if you feel differently but it's just not the case Adam. wasn't the point, point is, you need a concrete standard, not whims and ebbs of constant change

As much as you would like to see Sodomites and the like made criminals it just don't jive in America homes...maybe not now but there was once a day when sodomy was abhored, just like rape is today, and it is only permissible to think that one day we could be having this discussion but about rape or necrophilia instead of sodomy

Would you draft handicapped people spirit and crisco?

I am just trying to establish a baseline, to determine if what you are arguing is fair, and not discrimination
Old 12-28-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
This is acording to you. The declaration of Independence still says our rights coe from our creator. Our constitution was based upon biblical principals as was the plan of the fouder who wrote them. Just because some modern fools want to change things does not make it truth. If you tell a lie enough than people will start claiming it is true, just as you have here.
You must be referring to the Bill of Rights correct?

If you actually read the US Constitution before the amendments.. there is little that I remember specifically about religion..

Now the 2nd amendment... that's a great one..

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "

Had the framers said "God".. wouldn't you agree that some groups would say.. "Allah" is God.. and others use the word god.. to describe what they belived the framers meant...

If only they had been more specific... or maybe it was done intentionaly.. like maybe other documents that we belive in ...
Old 12-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
conceded

BUT my point remains, you have to have a superior standard, not just a detiorating standard of whatever political class happened to buy their power

crisco started it j/k crisco

i'm not at all complaining, i am just pointing out the double standard

including your own hypocritical views, they are either handicapped or not, but don't try to have your cake and eat it too
Where is the double standard?

Quote:
Would you draft handicapped people spirit and crisco?
I am just trying to establish a baseline, to determine if what you are arguing is fair, and not discrimination
sure I would.. no arms/legs? I am sure that there are MANY useful jobs that they can do.. some even better than those with arms/legs...

Mentally handicapped... that's tougher.. but I don't see why not.. What could Rainman do with allocating supplies and such.. prolly be tremdous at it..
Old 12-28-2010, 06:16 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Lets see who agrees with you. If you agree with this please reply and say yes. If you do not agree please reply and say no.
no
Old 12-28-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Sorry.. got sidetracked...

Declaration of Independence -

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
It doesn't say "God", Allah, Budda... To me the implication is clear...
Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Lets see who agrees with you. If you agree with this please reply and say yes. If you do not agree please reply and say no.
NO!!!!! Serving in our military is a PRIVILEGE not a right. This isn't the days when most of the military were joining to avoid serving jail time. Our service men and women should not be rejects of society.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
This isn't the days when most of the military were joining to avoid serving jail time. Our service men and women should not be rejects of society.
You're kidding right????

You do realize how many of these "rejects of society" died for your freedom in WWII right???

Since when did committing a crime make you a reject of society?