Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
We shouldn't desire that Christianity should be embraced by all, we should desire to see Christ embraced by all. There is a difference.

And we don't want to see people embrace Christ just so that we can feel some sense of personal acceptance in society. We want people to embrace Christ for their own good and their own eternal well being.

Homosexuals want acceptance because they KNOW that they are living an unnatural and immoral lifestyle and they think that somehow being openly accepted by society is going to make them feel better about this life they chose.
+ 1
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Because homosexuality is a sin, nothing more, nothing less. As such, then it will follow the same patterns of every other sin that consumes people's lives. It's simple logic. You just have to be willing to put aside the modern propaganda surrounding homosexuality and be willing to think outside of the box.
hmmmm.. and you don't consider some of your thinking.. "inside the box"?
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
hmmmm.. and you don't consider some of your thinking.. "inside the box"?
Depends on which box you're talking about.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
hmmmm.. and you don't consider some of your thinking.. "inside the box"?
If by "inside the box", you mean "traditional & conservative", then, yes.

I prefer to think of it as "inside The Book", but that's just me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I don't think crisco was defending them but making a point about people's desires to be accepted. He was explaining why they are doing what they are doing.
Indeed . You da man Rev.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I don't think crisco was defending them but making a point about people's desires to be accepted. He was explaining why they are doing what they are doing.
TRue but you noticed caveman said they wanted more than acceptence but for us to embrace it. SO that is where the disagreement lies. The logic is severly flawed
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I'm not sure if I understand your argument here. Are you saying the US Constitution allows homosexuals in the military (something that would have been classified as criminal activity in the days of the Founding Fathers)? Or are you saying that the vagueness of the Constitution in this matter allows the Gay Rights movement to distort it to fit their own agenda?
What I am saying is constitutionally speaking since it is a tital voulenteer army they have just as much right to APPLY as the staright man. However it is a job and that does not meant they have a right to get the job. Affirmitive action is not constitutional because by default it robs another of their rights if someone less qulaified get the job because of rules and quotas. The DADT was nothing more than a clever scheme by the Clintions to circumvent the rules of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I would be more inclined to say that the Constitution is set up to allow all.. but I am not sure.. I will do some digging to see what I can find.
The Constitution does allow for equality. Where people forget and go wrong is that thier rights are edowed by their creator not the governemnt. They have the same rights we all do. The proble is they want special right becuase their lifestyle choice is in the minorioty and thus need a helping hand to force it on everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
TRue but you noticed caveman said they wanted more than acceptence but for us to embrace it. SO that is where the disagreement lies. The logic is severly flawed
It's really not if you don't go into seven shades of gray with your thinking.

It's really quite logical it goes something like

" I'm gay. I know I make some people uncomfortable because of my attraction to male sexual organs. I would like them to accept this fact and possibly not feel so weird about it... I'm going to join their military and fight for the country and just maybe they will accept my lifestyle and allow me to be myself free from any discriminatory actions."


I don't support the gay life style but I don't pretend to be ignorant of their grievances.

What we as Christians deem right or wrong means diddly squat in the secular world and whether we like to admit it or not America is very much at this point a secular country in terms of government more so now then ever.

AGAIN I'm not saying I agree with the gayness but I do understand their neediness to be fully integrated.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:45 AM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
AGAIN I'm not saying I agree with the gayness but I do understand their neediness to be fully integrated.
okay, i will listen with an open mind here but you will have to explain two things to me....

1. there are alot of rapists , do they need to be integrated, they should have a right to serve too right?


2. how have they not been integrated? it seems to me this is a gay pride, civil rights, being flamboyant issue, not a "i'm a good soldier, let me serve issue" if they wanted to serve they could have since '93
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.