Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
We shouldn't desire that Christianity should be embraced by all, we should desire to see Christ embraced by all. There is a difference.

And we don't want to see people embrace Christ just so that we can feel some sense of personal acceptance in society. We want people to embrace Christ for their own good and their own eternal well being.

Homosexuals want acceptance because they KNOW that they are living an unnatural and immoral lifestyle and they think that somehow being openly accepted by society is going to make them feel better about this life they chose.
+ 1

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Because homosexuality is a sin, nothing more, nothing less. As such, then it will follow the same patterns of every other sin that consumes people's lives. It's simple logic. You just have to be willing to put aside the modern propaganda surrounding homosexuality and be willing to think outside of the box.
hmmmm.. and you don't consider some of your thinking.. "inside the box"?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Depends on which box you're talking about.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
If by "inside the box", you mean "traditional & conservative", then, yes.

I prefer to think of it as "inside The Book", but that's just me.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I don't think crisco was defending them but making a point about people's desires to be accepted. He was explaining why they are doing what they are doing.
Indeed . You da man Rev.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I don't think crisco was defending them but making a point about people's desires to be accepted. He was explaining why they are doing what they are doing.
TRue but you noticed caveman said they wanted more than acceptence but for us to embrace it. SO that is where the disagreement lies. The logic is severly flawed
Old 12-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Chris F

Quote:
I'm not sure if I understand your argument here. Are you saying the US Constitution allows homosexuals in the military (something that would have been classified as criminal activity in the days of the Founding Fathers)? Or are you saying that the vagueness of the Constitution in this matter allows the Gay Rights movement to distort it to fit their own agenda?
What I am saying is constitutionally speaking since it is a tital voulenteer army they have just as much right to APPLY as the staright man. However it is a job and that does not meant they have a right to get the job. Affirmitive action is not constitutional because by default it robs another of their rights if someone less qulaified get the job because of rules and quotas. The DADT was nothing more than a clever scheme by the Clintions to circumvent the rules of the time.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Chris F

Quote:
I would be more inclined to say that the Constitution is set up to allow all.. but I am not sure.. I will do some digging to see what I can find.
The Constitution does allow for equality. Where people forget and go wrong is that thier rights are edowed by their creator not the governemnt. They have the same rights we all do. The proble is they want special right becuase their lifestyle choice is in the minorioty and thus need a helping hand to force it on everyone else.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
TRue but you noticed caveman said they wanted more than acceptence but for us to embrace it. SO that is where the disagreement lies. The logic is severly flawed
It's really not if you don't go into seven shades of gray with your thinking.

It's really quite logical it goes something like

" I'm gay. I know I make some people uncomfortable because of my attraction to male sexual organs. I would like them to accept this fact and possibly not feel so weird about it... I'm going to join their military and fight for the country and just maybe they will accept my lifestyle and allow me to be myself free from any discriminatory actions."

I don't support the gay life style but I don't pretend to be ignorant of their grievances.

What we as Christians deem right or wrong means diddly squat in the secular world and whether we like to admit it or not America is very much at this point a secular country in terms of government more so now then ever.

AGAIN I'm not saying I agree with the gayness but I do understand their neediness to be fully integrated.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
AGAIN I'm not saying I agree with the gayness but I do understand their neediness to be fully integrated.
okay, i will listen with an open mind here but you will have to explain two things to me....

1. there are alot of rapists , do they need to be integrated, they should have a right to serve too right?

2. how have they not been integrated? it seems to me this is a gay pride, civil rights, being flamboyant issue, not a "i'm a good soldier, let me serve issue" if they wanted to serve they could have since '93