Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 12-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
There are complex issues to consider though. Such as computer crimes and mail fraud that stretch over state and sometimes even international borders. They also police sex/human trafficking rings, organized crime, terrorism, corruption in public offices, and numerous other things.

On average each year we give the FBI less than one tenth of the amount of money we give to some other departments like the department of education or agriculture. I'm all for giving more money to local police to help their departments get better in areas they need improvement, but I don't think we need to abolish the FBI to do that.
then you are pro socialism because that is exactly how socialist societies work. Besides that it is not allowed in our constitution.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 12-26-2010, 01:22 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
then you are pro socialism because that is exactly how socialist societies work. Besides that it is not allowed in our constitution.
So I am pro socialism because I disagree with Ron Paul on the FBI? Something that the majority of people on both sides of the political spectrum think is a viable government agency that serves a good purpose?

If the FBI is unconstitutional, then so is almost every other government agency in existence. The constitution was written over 200 years ago, and it's a living document meant to grow with the times. It's not always the be all end all to political discussions. Besides, the FBI is an agency that upholds laws passed by our government. How is that against the constitution?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Holy Crap!!!!
I cant believe this thread is as big as it is!!!
Im gonna sit this one out but I just want to say "Hi everyone".
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,495
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Holy Crap!!!!
I cant believe this thread is as big as it is!!!
Im gonna sit this one out but I just want to say "Hi everyone".


Hi. And Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-26-2010, 05:05 AM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, the law won't go into effect for a while until they rewrite all the policies and decide on the best way to implement it. I'm sure they will, at least initially, allow soldiers, who suddenly find themselves with a roommate who has come out of the closet, to move to a different room in the barracks.
I think the practicalities of the matter mean it will be sorted. Moreover sportsman are allowed to come out and say they are gay right? I can think of one that has. There must be more but they do not disclose because they exist in such a macho enviroment. I can't help but think very few soldiers will openly flaunt being gay.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
So I am pro socialism because I disagree with Ron Paul on the FBI? Something that the majority of people on both sides of the political spectrum think is a viable government agency that serves a good purpose?

If the FBI is unconstitutional, then so is almost every other government agency in existence. The constitution was written over 200 years ago, and it's a living document meant to grow with the times. It's not always the be all end all to political discussions. Besides, the FBI is an agency that upholds laws passed by our government. How is that against the constitution?
Exactly and it is all a scam to milk your paycheck to pay for their racket. The founders were dead set against this. Socialism in its core is a governet that is cnetralized and they take for those who earn and spread it out to those who do not. My guess is you have bought into the lie that those services are for the "public good" If that were the real case than we would have done it that way from the start. Were a Republic and in that each state foos their own bill and the feds are the servants fo the people. What we have now is a socialist democracy were we serve the gov. I encourage to read the works of our founders and books prior to the 1960's What Ameica is today is not the America the founders risked it all for.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-26-2010, 12:40 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Exactly and it is all a scam to milk your paycheck to pay for their racket. The founders were dead set against this. Socialism in its core is a governet that is cnetralized and they take for those who earn and spread it out to those who do not. My guess is you have bought into the lie that those services are for the "public good" If that were the real case than we would have done it that way from the start. Were a Republic and in that each state foos their own bill and the feds are the servants fo the people. What we have now is a socialist democracy were we serve the gov. I encourage to read the works of our founders and books prior to the 1960's What Ameica is today is not the America the founders risked it all for.
Not every government program is designed to "redistribute wealth". Case in point...THE FBI...

I'm sure when the founding fathers were sitting around drafting the constitution, and thinking about the interest of enforcing laws for the greater good, they weren't able to fathom things like the internet where perverts share child pornography across state and international borders 24 hours a day.

I also doubt they planned on the day coming when we would have to worry about suicidal terrorists who integrate into our society for many years only to high-jack an 800,000lb steel flying machine and crash it into our nation's financial epicenter. Besides that, had that day actually come during their era of existence, who do you think would have been some of the first people the the founding would have sent to battle were? I will just take a wild guess and say it probably would have been the slaves they all owned.

I always found it to be a ridiculous notion that what the "founding fathers" wrote on a piece of paper hundreds of years ago needed to be taken as literal gospel from now until the end of time. The founding fathers seem like they were educated men of their time, and I would be willing to bet that even they wouldn't have gone so far as to assume that what they envisioned as a good structure for their time would ultimately be the best for all generations to come. That's like saying you or I know how to handle all the intricacies of life in the year 2210.

I hardly agree with all the ways our government spends our tax dollars. There are plenty of unneeded programs, and plenty of wasteful spending across the board. However, not all of these programs are all bad, and understanding that doesn't mean a person has bought into some grand lie aimed at turning this country into China.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-26-2010, 02:43 PM
cubsfan47
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post


Hi. And Merry Christmas!
Me too.

Sigh. It's threads like this that bring back the"happy" memories of having been a forum administrator.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Not every government program is designed to "redistribute wealth". Case in point...THE FBI...

I'm sure when the founding fathers were sitting around drafting the constitution, and thinking about the interest of enforcing laws for the greater good, they weren't able to fathom things like the internet where perverts share child pornography across state and international borders 24 hours a day.

I also doubt they planned on the day coming when we would have to worry about suicidal terrorists who integrate into our society for many years only to high-jack an 800,000lb steel flying machine and crash it into our nation's financial epicenter. Besides that, had that day actually come during their era of existence, who do you think would have been some of the first people the the founding would have sent to battle were? I will just take a wild guess and say it probably would have been the slaves they all owned.

I always found it to be a ridiculous notion that what the "founding fathers" wrote on a piece of paper hundreds of years ago needed to be taken as literal gospel from now until the end of time. The founding fathers seem like they were educated men of their time, and I would be willing to bet that even they wouldn't have gone so far as to assume that what they envisioned as a good structure for their time would ultimately be the best for all generations to come. That's like saying you or I know how to handle all the intricacies of life in the year 2210.

I hardly agree with all the ways our government spends our tax dollars. There are plenty of unneeded programs, and plenty of wasteful spending across the board. However, not all of these programs are all bad, and understanding that doesn't mean a person has bought into some grand lie aimed at turning this country into China.
By this logic you are indeed a certified socialist who holds to the idea the Constitution is not the foundation of the gov and it is mold able to the whims of the congress.

BTW they did indeed plan for change and it is called the amendment process. Not some judge sitting in a courtroom dictation what they think it means.

BTW the FBI does redistribute wealth. Are there FBI office in every major city? Are there more in area with more crime? The fact is Farmer Joe in Kansas sends his dollars to DC who than sends those dollars to Leroy in Detroit because crime is worse there. This is high school civics man. DId you have a football coach for a teacher or what. That was not meant as an insult I just find it the typical result of those whoa re not educated on this subject. I used to adjunct Political science and history and most this is the case.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
Me too.

Sigh. It's threads like this that bring back the"happy" memories of having been a forum administrator.
I think everyone has been civil so far. The old days no even Big JOhn could moderate so of those battles.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.