Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 12-31-2010, 06:26 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah, but it still comes up when guys like Tim Bradley are whining because they're not worthy of getting a shot at Pac.

Now it's time to wish a Happy New Year!

BTW, Pac opened as a 9-1 favorite: http://fighthype.com/pages/content9076.html
By the time 24/7 runs their fight hype, it should get much closer like 4-1. They do a great job of fooling people who aren't big boxing fans into thinking the fights are worthwhile. As Javier says:
Yeah, that's how it goes though. Sometimes I think many Boxing fans, myself included, get too upset over matchmaking when it's not always the fight we all wanna see. Obviously in this case it's Mayweather vs Pacquiao, and we all know why, or have our own versions of "why" that isn't happening right now.

Still, even though it seems like this is a pointless fight that Pacquiao will dominate, Mosley knows his back is against the ropes and this is his likely to be his last big payday. We also have seen crazier things happen over the years, so it's not outside the realm of possibility to think Shane comes out hard and makes a fight out of it. If Shane found a way to hurt Manny or even catch him and knock him out, it wouldn't be the biggest upset ever (which is still Douglas over Tyson). Can Shane outbox Manny? Maybe 10 years ago, but I have some serious doubts about that happening today. Really, it seems like his only shot in this is that one big punch, but it only takes one, and that's part of what makes this sport exciting.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yeah, that's how it goes though. Sometimes I think many Boxing fans, myself included, get too upset over matchmaking when it's not always the fight we all wanna see. Obviously in this case it's Mayweather vs Pacquiao, and we all know why, or have our own versions of "why" that isn't happening right now.

Still, even though it seems like this is a pointless fight that Pacquiao will dominate, Mosley knows his back is against the ropes and this is his likely to be his last big payday. We also have seen crazier things happen over the years, so it's not outside the realm of possibility to think Shane comes out hard and makes a fight out of it. If Shane found a way to hurt Manny or even catch him and knock him out, it wouldn't be the biggest upset ever (which is still Douglas over Tyson). Can Shane outbox Manny? Maybe 10 years ago, but I have some serious doubts about that happening today. Really, it seems like his only shot in this is that one big punch, but it only takes one, and that's part of what makes this sport exciting.
Yeah, would just like to have seen the end of Marquez wanting another shot as I feel he's the most deserving at this time, but oh well. Mosley's a very good person and has given us a lot over the years so it's ok with me that he gets one last big payday. I may not be THAT happy about the fight, but I'll still order the PPV or go to Buffalo Wild Wings if they are going to show it.

Mosley is easily the hardest puncher Pac has faced, but I still think Pac will be able to deal with it before Mosley exhausts himself.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Damn, that's fast!

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26695&more=1
Quote:
16,000 tickets sold for Pacquiao vs. Mosley in first three hours

LAS VEGAS, NEV. (January 31, 2011) – Pacman Fever hit MGM Grand this morning with one of the biggest ticket runs in Las Vegas boxing history. Between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. PT, 16,000 tickets were sold to the Manny Pacquiao vs. Sugar Shane Mosley world welterweight championship. Barely 1,000 seats remain for Pacquiao’s return to the Fight Capital of the World, where he hasn’t fought since 2009.

“Incredible. Simply incredible,” exclaimed Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum when he heard the news today. “I have never promoted a fight that has sold so many tickets so quickly. Manny Pacquiao never ceases to amaze the world with his achievements. The excitement he generated today with the initial ticket sales makes it feel like fight week already!”

Boxing’s No. 1 pound-for-pound box office attraction and the Fighter of the Decade, Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 KOs), the lone congressional representative from the Sarangani province in the Philippines, defends his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title against three-division world champion and future Hall of Famer Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs), of Pomona, Calif. Pacquiao vs. Mosley erupts on Saturday, May 7 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nev.

Promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions, Sugar Shane Mosley Promotions and MGM Grand, remaining tickets to Pacquiao vs. Mosley, priced at $1,000, $750, and $300, can be purchased through Ticketmaster. To charge by phone, with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket sales at $1,000, $750, and $300 are limited to 10 per person.

Pacquiao vs. Mosley will be produced and distributed Live on SHOWTIME PPV®, beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT. For Pacquiao vs. Mosley fight week updates, log on to www.sports.SHO.com or www.toprank.com
Old 02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Wow that's crazy!! Those tickets went fast!! I am pushing for Mosley on this fight.. However realistically he's gonna lose.. lol....
Old 02-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Wow that's crazy!! Those tickets went fast!! I am pushing for Mosley on this fight.. However realistically he's gonna lose.. lol....
Mosley always has a punchers' chance and I'd imagine he hits harder than anybody that Pac has ever faced. However, it's going to be a 1-sided mauling like it was with Margarito.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Mosley always has a punchers' chance and I'd imagine he hits harder than anybody that Pac has ever faced. However, it's going to be a 1-sided mauling like it was with Margarito.
Hate to say so but yes a 1-sided fight.. This is not much of a challenge for Pacman.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Hate to say so but yes a 1-sided fight.. This is not much of a challenge for Pacman.
I agree but I hope Mosley lands that punch he Landed on Floyd and exposes Pacquiao and puts him to sleep!!!

Hey one can only dream right LOL
Old 02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Buc Nasty

I hope the odds are good! I haven't placed a bet in years but I'm going for Mosley.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I hope the odds are good! I haven't placed a bet in years but I'm going for Mosley.
I would not make a high wager.. As much as I want Pac to lose he's not..
Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
I would not make a high wager.. As much as I want Pac to lose he's not..
Why don't you like Manny, he's cool!

I think Mosley's style still gives Manny a lot of problems even though he is a few years past his best. I'm a big fan of both so I'd love to see one of those great fights where both 'win', but I reckon Shane will put Manny to sleep.