Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL yeah thats true Miss Foxy sorry about that got carried away once again...
Me too!! Lol..I am trying to be cautious of GSP fans feelings, but dang it I can't help it!!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH View Post
With regard to number 2, some may think he is boring to watch. But i may be wrong, i think he is carrying the Highest PPV numbers of any MMA star right now (outside of Canada as well). So were some might not like his style, i do believe that he is the biggest star in the MMA right now. Someone correct me if i am wrong???
Lesnar is the most popular right now, his last 4 PPV's had over a million buys. GSP has only seen 2 of his PPV's do over a million, once when he was on the card with Brock and when he fought BJ Penn for the second time.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
My opinion is that the only people who find him boring are people who are haters. Weather they are out in the open about their hatred, or try to hide it behind some ridiculous argument. The truth is they are usually haters who are probably mad about GSP beating somebody they liked along the way.
What does not liking a fighter have to do with them being boring? I dont like Liddell but I enjoy watching him fight, I dont like Mir but he is exciting to watch and I dont like Hardy but I enjoy watching him fight. People think he is boring because, aside from his fight with Kos (I fight I found very exciting), GSP goes for the take down and then just grinds out a dec. Its the same with Sherk and Fitch, their style of never trying to finish a fight is boring to a lot of people.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
What does not liking a fighter have to do with them being boring? I dont like Liddell but I enjoy watching him fight, I dont like Mir but he is exciting to watch and I dont like Hardy but I enjoy watching him fight. People think he is boring because, aside from his fight with Kos (I fight I found very exciting), GSP goes for thne take down and then just grinds out a dec. Its the same with Sherk and Fitch, their style of never trying to finish a fight is boring to a lot of people.
Read a lot of peoples comments all over the web. It don't take a rocket scientist to see that its a GSP hatefest by butthurt fans.

Sorry but I will say flat out. People who assume these fighters don't want to or try to finish fights are idiots.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Read a lot of peoples comments all over the web. It don't take a rocket scientist to see that its a GSP hatefest by butthurt fans.

Sorry but I will say flat out. People who assume these fighters don't want to or try to finish fights are idiots.
I don't think that makes a person an idiot. That's just a lewd comment.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't think that makes a person an idiot. That's just a lewd comment.
Maybe it is. However its funny to read all these people say that guys don't try to finish fights. There is no logic behind it whatsoever and it's pretty lame to hear it over and over again from the same type of fans. IMO they are idiots.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

I just call them "uneducated"..
Old 12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I just call them "uneducated"..
I have a college degree...
Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Rev

Wanting to finish and actually trying to finish are 2 VERY different things.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 PM
rearnakedchoke

somewhere, josh koscheck is wishing GSP actually did stop the fight ... LOL