Originally Posted by Moose
I drink too much sometimes.
game set and match huh?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Good flick. I was right.

We all know now for sure that Dr. Manhattan is God-like. I mean, the guy's jimmy didn't suffer from a millimeter of shrinkage, despite him being exposed to the frigid air of Antarctica.

Seriously though, *SPOILERS AHEAD, HIGHLITE TO VIEW!*

spoiler removed

/geek
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

I think the change to the ending is more in response to 9/11. The original event from the comic book was very similar in effect to the events on September 11th and the "peace" that followed was very temporary. They probably decided that they needed something bigger in scale to drive the ending home to a post-9/11 audience.

Now that I've had time to think it through, I actually like the change and I think it works better, since the "alien creature" from the comic would very quickly be revealed as a fake by any competent forensic scientist. Audiences have seen too many episodes of CSI to believe that every doctor and scientist in the world could be fooled by a Hollywood prop.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i have a foot fetish

I bet you do!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
I bet you do!
hey, it's the most common fetish among guys
Old 03-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
hey, it's the most common fetish among guys
I'm more a furry guy myself.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
I'm more a furry guy myself.
alrighty then
Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

I think the change to the ending is more in response to 9/11. The original event from the comic book was very similar in effect to the events on September 11th and the "peace" that followed was very temporary. They probably decided that they needed something bigger in scale to drive the ending home to a post-9/11 audience.

Now that I've had time to think it through, I actually like the change and I think it works better, since the "alien creature" from the comic would very quickly be revealed as a fake by any competent forensic scientist. Audiences have seen too many episodes of CSI to believe that every doctor and scientist in the world could be fooled by a Hollywood prop.
In my opinion, I think they just cut out the alien squid because it would have taken an extra 30min of movie time to set it all up & then reveal at the end.

That being said, the official name for the energy bombs Veidt set off? Sub Quantum Unifying Intrinsic Devices: SQUIDs.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

Just got home from seeing it with my wife and two friends
I 100 percent agree with the ending change. I thought the film was very well done and did the comic great justice. Will definitely be seeing it again.

[
Old 03-11-2009, 05:11 AM
que

this movie looks interesting. i heard something about the blue man being exiled to mars and a short story follows where he narrates and explains how he spent 40 days 40 nights (or something similar to what Jesus Christ in the Bible did in the desert) before attaining his almost godlike status, and shows how he came to be like that

i don't know if that's all true but it sure sounds intriguing. i want to watch it for that scene alone