Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 AM
cheachea

Me and my wife went to go see it last night. Honestly the frontal nudity of the blue guy ruined the movie for me LOL I mean they showed the guy like 10 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
County Mike

Might have to skip out of work one day for long lunch - afternoon viewing.

I mean, how many movies have glowing blue wieners?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Awesome!! So glad it got eveyone's seal of approval. I'm seeing it this week. I'm rereading the book as a refresher and am so relieved to know that it stays true to the book.
I'm so amped now!!

[
Old 03-09-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Mark and I went and saw this today. Really good movie, I was surprised by how faithful it was to the book. Mark enjoyed it too, which surprised me a bit because it is a little long and kind of drags some in the beginning; but that's just so that they can fully develop all of the characters.

One word of warning, this movie is NOT FOR KIDS! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN TO SEE THIS MOVIE EVEN THOUGH IT IS ABOUT COMIC BOOK SUPER HEROES! Brutal graphic-violence, more than one explicit sex scene (including a partial rape scene), foul language, nudity to include full frontal male nudity (he's a computer generated character, but you can still see his wiener), lesbian kissing, and a very morally ambiguous ending.

So, this is not going to be like Spider-Man where you can watch the movie with your kids and then go to McDonalds to buy the Happy Meal toys. It's rated R for a reason.

Regardless, I would highly recommend this movie to anyone over 18. It's one of those films that, after it's over, will make you think "What would I do in that situation? Would I make the same choices? Would I stick to my values, if doing so guaranteed my destruction?"

As far as I could tell, Rorschach was a perfect translation from the comic book character to the big screen.
I've heard from others that Rorshach was done perfectly to the letter. Thsi si great because I've always believed that he would be one of the hardest characters to translate.

[
Old 03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I just picked up the graphic novel last night to give it a reread. I read it probably 10-12 years ago. I really hope the movie does the book justice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysrUsrhKbQ
Seen it Friday and I loved it!! I can hardly sit down and watch movies and I was into it the entire time tired from a hard day and all!!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, the guy is blue and glowing and the nudity isn't presented in a sexual way. He just has no need for clothing, so he walks around naked in several scenes. Plus, it's not like they ever focus in on his genitals, but you are aware of them in the wide shots. So, the same rules apply as when you're in a male locker room: just block it out and maintain eye contact.
Exactly its male anatomy. Its not like he's walking around like Ron Jeremy..
Old 03-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Hughes_GOAT

hey i don't care, as long as the boobies aren't blue too.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:23 AM
Moose

Good flick. I was right.

We all know now for sure that Dr. Manhattan is God-like. I mean, the guy's jimmy didn't suffer from a millimeter of shrinkage, despite him being exposed to the frigid air of Antarctica.

Seriously though, *SPOILERS AHEAD, HIGHLITE TO VIEW!*

I'm surprised that they took out the part about the fake alien at the end. Now, instead of the US and the USSR uniting against a common foe, the friendship angle seems fake and forced because both parties are held hostage per se by Doc Manhattan.

/geek
Old 03-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
hey i don't care, as long as the feet aren't blue too.
fixed. game set and match!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
fixed. game set and match!
i have a foot fetish