Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Question has anyone seen "Legion" ?

and if so...what did you think of it
Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Awretchsaved

I'm sure someone, somewhere, has seen it. lol

But on a serious note, It looked really bad. Did you see it?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awretchsaved View Post
I'm sure someone, somewhere, has seen it. lol

But on a serious note, It looked really bad. Did you see it?
Yes...I really enjoyed it...it pulled of the ballence of warring factions of Hosts well...without it appearing...silly
Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Administrator

I heard someone at work talking about it. She made it seem like it was about an angel trying to stop GOD from ending the world. Basically making GOD out to be the villain. If that's the case, then I have no interest in paying money to see it.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I heard someone at work talking about it. She made it seem like it was about an angel trying to stop GOD from ending the world. Basically making GOD out to be the villain. If that's the case, then I have no interest in paying money to see it.
Not exactly....well...GOD is only a villain, if you think he was a villian for the deluge?

The one BIG flaw is GOD promised not to do anything like that again, and this film depicts him doing something along those lines, except using the host, rather then water. Michael refuses to follow orders and protects a few humans to remind GOD of his love and mercy for them. Gabriel takes over the forces of light and follows orders.

although both are exonerated when GOD changes his mind last moment when he sees that Michael is prepared to die in order to save a creation that GOD did exactly the same for.

Michael says to Gabriel that whilst Gabriel Gave GOD what he wanted by following Orders, Michael Gave GOD what he needed, which was someone to remind him of his love and promise to save mankind.

Its...a difficult film...I'd love for you to watch it, because I'd be fascinated by your thoughts on the matter...the portrayal of Angelic Host is very...Revelation like...they dont look like Angelic beings...they look like Demons, because they are attacking something fallen. They are treating the worlds population as the evil that they really are...so they do not appear to be nice and friendly.

I liked the portrayal...because it so picked apart a stereotype that non christians and christians alike share, and that is that Angels are nice, and Demons are not. Essentially, the two are the same form of being. But they have different outlooks. Its a bit like lining up a load of people and trying to tell which are heathen by the way they look physically

When you consider that the Host are also involved in warfare regularly, I wonder if they look as frightening as the Demons do in reality. I found a trailor of it for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6p01-in6-k
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Shoots like a girl

I really liked it!! I bought it for my dad for Christmas and he really liked it too!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Crisco

I enjoyed the film. Not biblical at all really but good entertainment.

If you watch it like a sci-fi movie it's much better then looking for a revelation.