Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-12-2010, 04:29 PM

apparently the luck .... well, we all know now lol.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:33 PM

LMFAO

Damn im surprise to see all this hate for GSP
Its like the day before the fight everyone came out...
Old 12-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
(Actually, best case scenario for me is GSP beats Koscheck and then tests positive for PEDs, thus losing the belt and tainting his entire legacy; but that's a different matter entirely.)
Old 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
As much fun as I'm sure that would be to laugh at, it would also be pretty crappy for the sport. The last thing MMA needs is for GSP to come down with hypogonadism.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
As much fun as I'm sure that would be to laugh at, it would also be pretty crappy for the sport. The last thing MMA needs is for GSP to come down with hypogonadism.
ohh..I dont know about that if all the long reigning champions were pulled for cheating somehow I would think that only goes to present Matt Hughes in an even better light "there have been many long dominant Champions in the UFC...but only one wasnt sponcered by his local illegal pharmacist"
Old 12-12-2010, 06:06 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
ohh..I dont know about that if all the long reigning champions were pulled for cheating somehow I would think that only goes to present Matt Hughes in an even better light "there have been many long dominant Champions in the UFC...but only one wasnt sponcered by his local illegal pharmacist"
I love Matt too, but I don't think we need to wish that all the other champions get exposed as cheaters just to prop up Matt's legacy. Matt's legacy doesn't need that type of propping up to stand on it's own.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
. Matt's legacy doesn't need that type of propping up to stand on it's own.
No it doesnt.

But I cant see what other damage you think would happen, if GSP was caught doing something like that. I laughed because I thought what Nathan said was funny, and cant see how that would reflect badly on the sport...I think it would show that if you want to be GREAT in our sport you have to work rather then take short cuts...I think it would force people to work to attin, rather then to take short cuts...and thats ultimately a GOOD THING

...and the person they would look to as the one who had successfully managed to become dominant by sheer work is Matt Hughes...proof that it CAN be done without help
Old 12-12-2010, 08:41 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
No it doesnt.

But I cant see what other damage you think would happen, if GSP was caught doing something like that. I laughed because I thought what Nathan said was funny, and cant see how that would reflect badly on the sport...I think it would show that if you want to be GREAT in our sport you have to work rather then take short cuts...I think it would force people to work to attin, rather then to take short cuts...and thats ultimately a GOOD THING

...and the person they would look to as the one who had successfully managed to become dominant by sheer work is Matt Hughes...proof that it CAN be done without help
It's very simple to explain.

People see one of the biggest names in the sport and the guy who is supposedly one of the top P4P fighters in the world, and then it comes out that he's nothing but a roid cheat. That reflects poorly on the entire sport, and I know you understand that concept.

You are trying to act as if people would just jump up and down and say "YAY everybody, see how awesome Matt Hughes is?".... When in reality they would be saying, "See, I wouldn't doubt if they are all on drugs". It really offers no positive other than to see the downfall of a person that a lot of us just don't like for one reason or another.

As much crap as Sonnen talked that got under my skin as a fan, I still wasn't cheering for him to end up looking like an even bigger jack-ass and tarnish what was clearly the fight of the year in 2010, but sadly he did just that.

Last edited by J.B.; 12-12-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LMFAO

Damn im surprise to see all this hate for GSP
Its like the day before the fight everyone came out...
this definitely isnt the first time lol
Old 12-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
It really offers no positive other than to see the downfall of a person that a lot of us just don't like for one reason or another.
You say that as if its bad