Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 12-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Lawler KO's Lindland

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Robbie's fight went just like I thought it would to be honest. I knew Matt was going to have a hard time taking Robbie down and I also figured Matt was going to have a hard time striking with him. One thing I'll say is that Robbie was really ready for this fight. Robbie said that he thought Matt was going to try standing with him for a little while; so we were all hoping Matt would make that mistake. I only had two pieces of advice for Robbie in the locker room: 1) fight in the middle of the cage, don't even go near the cage and definitely stay off of it; 2) don't be too aggressive out there, make it an even fight, don't rush Matt but make him come to you. I just didn't want Robbie to overcommit. It's a lot easier to connect with punches and also take somebody down if they're stepping into you. But I'll tell you what, when I saw Robbie before he entered the cage I knew Matt was going to have a hard night. To be honest, I didn't say anything while in the corner because I was so confident in what Robbie was going to do out there. So 50 seconds after the start of the fight, I'm looking through the cage telling Robbie that he did a good job. He was pretty excited and so were we all.

This first picture is in the locker room after the fight:

This is the punch that started the vicious combination that put Lindland to the ground:

Well, my buddy Boomer was at the fights and actually came up a little early and stayed with me. Usually on these trips we get a Boomer-tale. Well my buddy didn't write one this time; but another forum member, Jeff Crow, was at the fights and told his tale of what happened:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6500

GSP and Koscheck fight this weekend and I think it will be an interesting fight. I actually think Koscheck will make it more of a fight than it was last time. I don't think Koscheck will win, but I do think he will put GSP on his back at least once. Another interesting point is the fact that Koscheck likes to throw heavy punches and GSP doesn't like to get hit. So I think a lot of this match will be on the ground.

I'm in Hillsboro deer hunting for the weekend. I actually just shot a doe tonight and will be looking for my buck tomorrow or Sunday. Been doing a lot of traveling for TTHA and I've got plenty of other hunts lined up.

The shed's coming along pretty good, I'll have Nate come out and take some pictures to update everyone on the progress.

The Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Keep you life free from the love of money, and be content with all you have, for He has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)
-matt
Old 12-11-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
From Matt's blog:
Way to go, Robbie!! Loved the pics too, the action shot is awesome (must be from you, eh Nate?)
Old 12-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

I had a great time matt!! Loved being with the family. Crow beat me to the punch this time, but did a great job writing it up!

That pic was the one robbie was showing me in the hall on his phone. That was a sick shot. Even Robbies body in that picture looks like something off of the movie 300.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Way to go, Robbie!! Loved the pics too, the action shot is awesome (must be from you, eh Nate?)
The photo was taken by Tracey Lee from Yahoo! Sports. I was working that night and didn't make it out to St. Louis.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:30 AM

Great blog, Matt. Robbie seemed to be in a zone from the moment he walked out the runway.
Glad you're getting some hunting in. I agree about your GSP vs Kos prediction.going ot be exciting. We heard that Joey got a deer already! true? We'd love to see some pic of that.
Take care and enjoy the holidays!

[
Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
The photo was taken by Tracey Lee from Yahoo! Sports. I was working that night and didn't make it out to St. Louis.
Bummer. Well, it looked like one of your shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
That was a sick shot. Even Robbies body in that picture looks like something off of the movie 300.
I thought the same thing! Especially with that "gladiator" tattoo.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
The photo was taken by Tracey Lee from Yahoo! Sports.
Dang, I just noticed the credentials on the shot.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:50 AM

They just showed Robbie's KO of Lindland on Inside MMA.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-11-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:54 AM
que

great blog matt! it was an awesome KO and i loved seeing lindland get knocked out by robbie
Old 12-12-2010, 08:38 AM
rearnakedchoke

haha ... as i predicted ..and i am sure many other did ... at least i hope robbie knocked the smell of that stinky mofo ... LOL