Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, imo he is one of the greatest ... top 10 all time maybe ... but that is just me ...
Top 20, definitely

Top 15, on my list

Top 10, may be pushing it a little

That's something I love about Boxing though, everybody's list is different.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
He's a bad moflo!!! Whooped some butt. Now the Mexican boxers mostly suck!! His son Omar is to watch for though.. I think Omar is better than the other son Julio..
Mexico still has a rich history of Boxers and it always will.

Mexico City is basically the epicenter of boxing in a lot of ways.

JC Chavez Jr is popular, but if he fights Pacquiao he is going to get slaughtered.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Top 20, definitely

Top 15, on my list

very debatable subject ... would be fun ... i always liked him, but he was a badass in the haugen fight .. especially for the crap greg talked ... LOL
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
He's a bad moflo!!! Whooped some butt. Now the Mexican boxers mostly suck!! His son Omar is to watch for though.. I think Omar is better than the other son Julio..
YES YES .. See my Greg Haugen comment LOL ^^^
Old 12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Mexico still has a rich history of Boxers and it always will.

Mexico City is basically the epicenter of boxing in a lot of ways.
True.. It's always a fun thing to watch upcoming boxers and root for them based on where they are from!! lol.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Miss Foxy

Known for his ferocious and intimidating boxing style that catapulted him to the pinnacle of boxing, Tyson (50-6, 44 KOs) holds the distinction of being the youngest heavyweight champion in history at age 20.

The former undisputed heavyweight champís controversial behavior both inside and outside the ring contributed to his downfall.

Tyson demolished his opponents in his first 37 fights, with only four reaching the final bell.

Tyson conquered the likes of Michael Spinks, Larry Holmes, Pinklon Thomas, Trevor Berbick, James "Bonecrusher" Smith among others.

Chavez, regarded by many as the best fighter in Mexicoís rich fighting history, compiled 107 wins over 115 fights, posting 87 straight victories to start his career, and 86 knockouts over a 25-year boxing career.

For many years, Chavez was considered one of the top fighters in the world, pound-for-pound.

Among his notable wins were against Edwin Rosario, Greg Haugen, Hector Camacho, Meldrick Taylor, Roger Mayweather and Juan Laporte.

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...#ixzz17ZADBOiH
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Top 20, definitely

Top 15, on my list

Yeah my list would be laughed at to purist because I like underdogs. I am the type who thinks people like George Chavulo and Tex Cobb deserve more credit than they get. Its hard to be a moving heavy bag for all those studds Chaves and Tyson both top 10 guys on my list but I must stay true to my Italian blood and say Italians are better than the Mexicans.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Yeah my list would be laughed at to purist because I like underdogs. I am the type who thinks people like George Chavulo and Tex Cobb deserve more credit than they get. Its hard to be a moving heavy bag for all those studds Chaves and Tyson both top 10 guys on my list but I must stay true to my Italian blood and say Italians are better than the Mexicans.
reppin the canadian .... GC was badass ... and the nicest guy you'll ever meet ... with all he is been through, you would think he would be the most bitter person in the world ... one of canada's greatest ever athletes ..
Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
See, that's another thing I always loved was the nationalism. Since I was a kid, Boxing just had that global feeling and people really cared about their fighters. It's kind of gotten away from that with the younger fans in America because the media sometimes acts as if being proud of America is a dirty thing to do, and because the talent pool of American heavyweights have declined since the 90's.

George Chuvalo and Tex Cobb were both tough SOB's, nobody would ever deny that.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
reppin the canadian .... GC was badass ... and the nicest guy you'll ever meet ... with all he is been through, you would think he would be the most bitter person in the world ... one of canada's greatest ever athletes ..
He came to Tulsa a few years back he is a very nice guy, very approachable unlike a lot of boxers I have met in the past. Him "Quick" Tillis told some awesome stories.