Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 12-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Today Cowherd went on and on about how great Rocky was for boxing....

Personally, I think its okay but its sad that more people wanna talk about Rocky than Mike Tyson, who is also being inducted.
Yeah and Chaves Tyszu also both good boxers. I think Rocky did alot for the sport and as you have said Abbott and Castello are in the baseball HOF.

BTW.... YOu said you were going to check out the Morrison fight on the 21st of Novemeber did you see it? I cannot find anything about it anywhere.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:11 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Yeah and Chaves Tyszu also both good boxers. I think Rocky did alot for the sport and as you have said Abbott and Castello are in the baseball HOF.

BTW.... YOu said you were going to check out the Morrison fight on the 21st of Novemeber did you see it? I cannot find anything about it anywhere.
did you just say Chavez was good?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
did you just say Chavez was good?
Yeah I did seeing how he won titles in 3 classes. Or are you being faceitous because I did not say great.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
JB i wasn't being snide....

yes P vs M got 1.15 million buys the population of america is over 300,000,000 a half of a percent is 1.5 million, last i checked 1.15 was still less than 1.5, plus i said americans, not illegal aliens, which we all know were half the buys for that show
No the "illegals" get their cable free..They have "hot cable"
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
JB i wasn't being snide....

yes P vs M got 1.15 million buys the population of america is over 300,000,000 a half of a percent is 1.5 million, last i checked 1.15 was still less than 1.5, plus i said americans, not illegal aliens, which we all know were half the buys for that show
Who cares about percentages? 1.15 million voices are still louder than 1. Plus, that's just the PPV buys, that doesn't equate to how many people actually watched the fight, and it certainly doesn't speak to how many people still love the sport of Boxing.

I know you don't like Boxing, we've had that discussion before, but if you think that most Americans knowledge of Boxing is limited to Rocky than you are wrong. Boxing has a very deep history, and that movie wouldn't even exist if Chuck Wepner hadn't kept coming back for more even though Muhammad Ali was whopping his ass.
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Yeah I did seeing how he won titles in 3 classes. Or are you being faceitous because I did not say great.
yeah, imo he is one of the greatest ... top 10 all time maybe ... but that is just me ...
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
yeah, imo he is one of the greatest ... top 10 all time maybe ... but that is just me ...
Julio Cesar right?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Julio Cesar right?
si senorita ..
Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

Ya know, thanks for reminding me...I started a thread on this months ago when they announced Tyson and Chavez and I can't believe that I actually forgot about Chavez today too...

All day people have asking me about Rocky and not a single person mentioned Tyson or Chavez. It's freakin hilarious.

I actually think the Morrison fight fell through, but if it did happen I didn't see it and nobody reported on it.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
si senorita ..
He's a bad moflo!!! Whooped some butt. Now the Mexican boxers mostly suck!! His son Omar is to watch for though.. I think Omar is better than the other son Julio..