Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
Ok, Im not gonna argue. Im just saying that if this was another fighter most people on here would be all over this GIF. This is not after the fight BTW, I have it recorded and went and looked. And even being on the just on the shoulders COULD affect a few submissions. Look I am Pro Matt Hughes all the way, but I try and look at things from every angle. Nothing against the big guy.

You are really.. REALLY.. mistaken

If that was GSP, Big Tim, Chuck, Uriah, Jens.. no matter.. Hell I can not STAND Rashad.... and the Diaz are losers.. but if you put them in spot.. no one would think that they were cheating...

It's pretty damn obvious that Stitch is not some corner man.. and with the images slowed down so badly it can be anything.

Sherdog is shercrap... and to give credence to some goofballs slant is a smack in the face..

Only LOSERS try to make "there bones" off other people this way...

Maybe you aren't a loser.. but to "look at the perspectives..." the way you say.... is similar to blinders

Matt Hughes has done more.. been more.. beaten more.. stood up to.. taken "one for the team"...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:12 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
If you watch it in real time,what happens is that Stitch is finishing up putting vaseline on Matt's eyebrows between rounds, then brushes something off his shoulder. Here it is in realtime (0:17): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1EV...layer_embedded.

It was less than half a second done by an impartial cutman with an official watching. In GSP's case, it was done not once, but twice, by a personal cornerman, for an extended period of time.

It's completely different.

WAR BEN!!!!!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
You are really.. REALLY.. mistaken

If that was GSP, Big Tim, Chuck, Uriah, Jens.. no matter.. Hell I can not STAND Rashad.... and the Diaz are losers.. but if you put them in spot.. no one would think that they were cheating...

It's pretty damn obvious that Stitch is not some corner man.. and with the images slowed down so badly it can be anything.

Sherdog is shercrap... and to give credence to some goofballs slant is a smack in the face..

Only LOSERS try to make "there bones" off other people this way...

Maybe you aren't a loser.. but to "look at the perspectives..." the way you say.... is similar to blinders

Matt Hughes has done more.. been more.. beaten more.. stood up to.. taken "one for the team"...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Stitch is a pro and the contact that he makes is slight. he wipe his hand down the natural sweat path of the face (down the neck and collecting in the clavical). This is common for cut men. The official is standing there watching. The fact that they are even mentioning this is just retaliation for that interview Matt ripped on them. Total bull**** and I'm annoyed that this is even on Matt's forum.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:32 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Some losers version...



Real time...

__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Hey, Dave, if you can: make the gif of only the "greasing" to emphasize the difference.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Some losers version...



Real time...

Thanks, Dave. You can see how Sherdog's version has Stitch's hand going down to Matt's shoulder over and over compared to the "true" vid of what really happened.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Thanks, Dave. You can see how Sherdog's version has Stitch's hand going down to Matt's shoulder over and over compared to the "true" vid of what really happened.

Thats because their version is looped (as most GIF's are)
sorry that was very funny Bonnie!
Dave is just showing in real time how fast it was.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

that was barely even a single stroke. it looked like his hand accidentally grazed matt's body because his hand was already in the downwards motion. besides, there is a difference between a single stroke on a collarbone vs a whole rubdown of GSP's chest shoulders and back. GSP fans are trying to justify their favorite fighter's illegal actions by comparing it to a legend like hughes
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Hey, Dave, if you can: make the gif of only the "greasing" to emphasize the difference.
Best I can do on short notice.. working on an RDC tonight...

__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.