Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 12-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Chris F

I hope I get to see you live before you retire. But if not I still thank that MMA would not be what it is if there was not Matt Hughes.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:02 PM

well joey is the perfect age to hunt with and your gym is gaining more and more momentum with brian and kyle and jon, so working on that wouldn't be all that bad.

retirement is such an ugly word, just train others to fight and maybe do some commentary

then have a superfight in two or three years, like a rematch with bj or gsp

it doesn't hurt to keep in shape and keep your options open, then if someone pulls out of a fight they might have to have someone fill in on short notice

Last edited by adamt; 12-03-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:03 PM
CAVEMAN

Matt, I'll be praying that God will direct you in your decision and give you peace about that decision. No matter what brother, your #1 and I'm certain that you will have full support by all.

Blessings to you and yours this Christmas!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I hope I get to see you live before you retire. But if not I still thank that MMA would not be what it is if there was not Matt Hughes.
I found something to agree with chris on
Old 12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
hughesfan4life

love ya matt!,i'll always be a fan and no matter what you decide,everyone here will support you.enjoy your well earned time off!!.take care.xx
Old 12-03-2010, 10:49 PM

I'm sure the time off and distance from the fight will help you to make whatever decisions you decide are the right ones for you and your family, Matt. No matter what you decide, you have our love, respect and support!

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-04-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:16 PM
suntereo

Matt,

you need to retire and get fat like the rest of us so my wife will stop comparing me to you.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:33 AM
3dlee

Besides being a great ambassador to this sport, Matt your resume speaks for itsself. Most wins in the octagon, check, hall of fame, check, beaten every fighter to ever be UFC welterweight champion (minus Patt Miletich ofcourse) check, running a top notch gym thats cranking out champion caliber fighters, check. The list goes on. I really hope that you give it another go seeing as how you felt so good in training. By the end of 2011 you could easily be on another 3+ fight win streak. No matter your decision, I will be a life long fan. No one could take anything from you if you stepdown now. Just know, that I think its safe to say that everyone here would bet on you against any welterweight in the game on any day.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Miss Foxy

Enjoy your time off.. You definitely had a big year with 3 fights. Brandon is a doll..