Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-03-2010, 05:53 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I don't care who "lays claim to Cain".. But being born in the states means your American.

Does that mean Cain is an "anchor baby"??

EDIT

Not that Wiki is "the news and all things right..."...But

Velasquez was born on July 28, 1982 in Salinas, California to Efrain and Isabel Velasquez. Cain's father, Efrain, came to the United States illegally. Efrain met his wife Isabel, married Isabel and gained citizenship to the U.S.,[13] the couple had three children, Adela Garcia, Efrain Jr. Velasquez and Cain Velasquez.[4]
From the mobile ufc page
Cain Velasquez Born: Yuma, AZ Age: 28 Height: 6' 1" (185 Weight: 240 lbs. (109kg) Record: 9-0-0 Strengths: Well-rounded
Old 12-03-2010, 06:12 AM

He could have been born in Egypt, China, Russia, The Netherlands, or Antarctica and both of his parents are Mexican that makes him Mexican!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:14 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Yuma is right on the California border, I think he was born in Cali but grew up in AZ.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:28 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
He could have been born in Egypt, China, Russia, The Netherlands, or Antarctica and both of his parents are Mexican that makes him Mexican!!
No sir. He is an american citizen. Which at most makes him a mexican american. Which kills the first mexican heavyweight champion title.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 AM
County Mike

It's all about the Brown Pride ese.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:49 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
It's all about the Brown Pride ese.
I understand heritage and all that just not the hype that is emphasized on the first mexican heavyweight. When the facts are clear.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I don't think so because both Cains parents are Mexican.

Which makes him Mexican.

Dont be silly. You native to the land you were born in...having parents that are mexican doesnt make you mexican...unless you were born in mexico.

It does give him a mexican heratage though, being only one generation removed from Mexico itself.

I am only two Generations removed from Scotland...my Paternal GrandFather was born in Scotland.....that doesnt make my Father a Scot and it sure as hell doesnt make me a Scot. It does however mean I have a scot heratage...which you can tell by my Surname. I am a descendant of Scot Nobility under King David of Scotland, who hoisted the Clan MacDuff to heights (I am a Duff...a Derivative of their Clan...and the last of my particular families lineage ) When the Scot King Rulled, MacDuff was akin to a Royal Advisor, and was given a large chunk of Central East Scotland...of which a town exists to this day called "Duff Town"

Of course with the fall of their Monarchy...my land was taken by the Crown of England If the Scots ever vote for independance and gain it...I shall write to their government and ask for my land back...however, the chances of getting it are very small, as I am listed 44th on 192 dot com out of TWO HUNDRED David Duffs in the United Kingdom...so at least 199 other Families will be fighting for the same part of Scotland ahahahahahahaha

Last edited by Tyburn; 12-05-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
hughesfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Dont be silly. You native to the land you were born in...having parents that are mexican doesnt make you mexican...unless you were born in mexico.

It does give him a mexican heratage though, being only one generation removed from Mexico itself.

I am only two Generations removed from Scotland...my Paternal GrandFather was born in Scotland.....that doesnt make my Father a Scot and it sure as hell doesnt make me a Scot. It does however mean I have a scot heratage...which you can tell by my Surname. I am a descendant of Scot Nobility under King David of Scotland, who hoisted the Clan MacDuff to heights (I am a Duff...a Derivative of their Clan...and the last of my particular families lineage ) When the Scot King Rulled, MacDuff was akin to a Royal Advisor, and was given a large chunk of Central East Scotland...of which a town exists to this day called "Duff Town"

Of course with the fall of their Monarchy...my land was taken by the Crown of England If the Scots ever vote for independance and gain it...I shall write to their government and ask for my land back...however, the chances of getting it are very small, as I am listed 44th on 192 dot com out of TWO HUNDRED David Duffs in the United Kingdom...so at least 199 other Families will be fighting for the same part of Scotland ahahahahahahaha
,fellow scot here dave!!!...lol!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesfan4life View Post
,fellow scot here dave!!!...lol!!!
Brilliant!! have you ever been to Duff Town
Old 12-06-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Bloody Brilliant!! have you ever been to Duff Town

fixed