Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 12-02-2010, 09:17 AM
lc87

Default 360 and kinect

Just wondering if anyone has it and what they think about it. My wife saw the zumba and the biggest loser one wants it now.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Shoots like a girl

I have a Wii but a friends daughter wants one for Christmas and she cant find one anywhere.........all of our stores are sold out of them and shes even having trouble finding anyone online that has them in stock.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:28 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I have a Wii but a friends daughter wants one for Christmas and she cant find one anywhere.........all of our stores are sold out of them and shes even having trouble finding anyone online that has them in stock.
I see them in my hood all the time lol.

Its better then the Wii and Move, only problem is you need a lot of room to bust out the moves. No clue about the two games though, prob a bunch of good reviews on them.

If I could id prob get the Kinect..
Old 12-06-2010, 06:11 PM

I have the KINECT and the Wii. The simplest way of putting it is that the WII has Super Nintendo Graphics and you need to use two controllers at all times.
Oh and you can only use your hands in the games.

The Kinect on the other hand you dont need a controller. Well only the first time you ever connect it to your console you need it to set it up and calibrate it.
After that every time you turn on your XBOX you see a little camera in the bottom right corner and all you have to do is wave at it. You controll everything, menus, setting everything with your hand its very futuristic

You can use all of your body, legs, head, stomach face LOL its pretty cool.
Although there isn't a lot of games for it yet, I just have The Kinect Adventures game that comes with the Kinect.

Like Logrous said you need a lot of room in order to play comfortable.

Oh and the Kinect is a Workout LOL very Tiring
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
logrus

I played for a few with Kinect adventures and Just Dance I think its called, a lot of fun. We tried Sonic but it wasnt as fun as the other two. I got the watch their niece playing kinectables, now that was pretty neat.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Administrator

I was reading about this and supposedly you need to stay about 8 feet in front of the camera for optimal performance. Plus, you have to be in a brightly lit room. I don't feel like rearranging my living room for a video game, so this is a pass for me.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I see them in my hood all the time lol.

Its better then the Wii and Move, only problem is you need a lot of room to bust out the moves. No clue about the two games though, prob a bunch of good reviews on them.

If I could id prob get the Kinect..
Really? And where EXACTLY is your hood....................LOL SHe wants one of things pretty bad!