Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 PM

Chris F, I think I recall you posting that you had Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I wanted to let you know that patients who receive chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma are at increased risk of subsequent leukemia. One of the presenting symptoms of leukemia is bleeding gums. You should definitely get your follow-up testing and get your gums looked at. Look at this as a temporary setback. You are the provider for your family and if you are not around things will get much worse for them. Even if you have to go on Medicaid or pay off the bill in installments, you must do it for your family. Perhaps you could talk to the deacon of your church and let him know about your situation. I can't imagine the stress you must be experiencing. I'll pray for you.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:29 AM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Thanks Shawn. THis is true but my faith is pretty weak right now and I can not see past my circumstance to see the greatness that is my God. He has always provided but right now all I can see in my future is doom and gloom. But I appreciate people like oyu who lift me up in their prayers. thanks bro.
It's a pleasure to pray for you, brother! I know you would do the same for me. I used to keep my problems private, but Dave taught me the value of presenting my trials before my brothers & sisters a while back, and it is amazing when fellow Christians are lifting you up in prayer! I know God has great things in store for you!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Chris F, I think I recall you posting that you had Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I wanted to let you know that patients who receive chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma are at increased risk of subsequent leukemia. One of the presenting symptoms of leukemia is bleeding gums. You should definitely get your follow-up testing and get your gums looked at. Look at this as a temporary setback. You are the provider for your family and if you are not around things will get much worse for them. Even if you have to go on Medicaid or pay off the bill in installments, you must do it for your family. Perhaps you could talk to the deacon of your church and let him know about your situation. I can't imagine the stress you must be experiencing. I'll pray for you.
thanks I did have Hodgkins and you are right about the risk of secondary cancers. This is why they want me screened every year. Just a few weeks ago I finally met my pre existing clause and had it planned. I have been told i should have it 90 days. Not sure yet. But if so plan to cram a lot of stuff into those days. I will have to make payments on my 40% but like you said better safe than sorry. As for my gums had those checked and it is severe gum disease and it is part of the mass treatment plan LOL
Old 12-02-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Sometimes in crisis we spent too much time looking around and not enough time looking up. I'll be praying that God meets you in your place of need and that He opens the right doors for you to go through.
I'll be praying for the same thing too, Chris.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Chris F

Thanks all of you. I really think this storm in my life is like the one Johna was in when he was running from his calling. God has to stir things up to get my off my hind quarters and back on the road that is his will. Thanks you all so much for your prayers and support. My biggest concern now is replacing the loss of $600 a month. If I make it it will only be because of Him that is for sure.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 PM
CAVEMAN

I'll be praying, man!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Only just seen this. Thinking of you and will pray for you.