Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: Should the enemy be celebrated?
Yes 11 61.11%
No 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

The GSP one was slightly my fault...but I cant be responsible for how it turned out, nor that sequels of celebrating everyone else.

Your whole "celebration" was nothing but saying you were not impressed with his greasy tactics and in 30 years that's all people will remember besides his fights with Matt and BJ...

I don't mind the BJ thread either, but I find it funny after all the bashing in the GSP thread that Que would request nobody bash BJ in his thread.

I made the best thread, about the guy who is already a Hall of Famer and has 7 more fights than both of those two combined. That's where the real celebration is.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Your whole "celebration" was nothing but saying you were not impressed with his greasy tactics and in 30 years that's all people will remember besides his fights with Matt and BJ...
No...it didnt start off that way actually
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I get where you're coming from, but I don't see anything wrong with it as long as 2 conditions are met:
  1. There's no bashing of Matt or HIT Squad fighters (including gloating, mocking, "rubbing in" a loss, etc.)
  2. It's not of a fighter Matt is preparing to fight
Other than that, the forums are for free exchange & debate, IMO.
EDIT: That being said, I do not plan on celebrating either GSP or BJ.
Agreed and well said!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No...it didnt start off that way actually
It was doomed from the start
Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I get where you're coming from, but I don't see anything wrong with it as long as 2 conditions are met:
  1. There's no bashing of Matt or HIT Squad fighters (including gloating, mocking, "rubbing in" a loss, etc.)
All your points are fair and considerate. I think that would be a good policy.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
It was doomed from the start
on that we can aggree
Old 11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Dethbob

I donít see anything terribly wrong with it, other than that it doesnít really belong here. There are plenty of places on the interwebs to celebrate other fighters. I think this should be reserved for Matt mostly; we can celebrate BJ when he starts fighting out of the HIT Squad.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:49 PM

4 to 4 interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
May I ask who is the enemy? Is this a sport or a war?

well no one ever says SPORT HUGHES!!!!!!

of course you could start a "celebrating matt hughes" thread on bj's site and see what happens

and don't get mad at me miss foxy, i ain't hating on anyone, i just ain't celebratin' 'em either

you're one of the last on here i want to disrespect.....

this thread has the makings of an actual civil discussion

Quote:
i could go for that i guess..... but we all have one thing in common here, we should rally behind that

Quote:
Hitler?
c'mon jb!!!! don't you know godwin's law? i just cut to the chase....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law LOL

how about this.... lets go put up a lebron statue in cleveland....

Quote:
Exactly. So if it turns out he hates having others lauded on his site (which doesn't exactly sound like him), then I guess I'd have to change my vote!
course he shouldn't have to govern us like that, we should be a little more discretionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I donít see anything terribly wrong with it, other than that it doesnít really belong here. There are plenty of places on the interwebs to celebrate other fighters. I think this should be reserved for Matt mostly; we can celebrate BJ when he starts fighting out of the HIT Squad.
+1
Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
4 to 4 interesting

well no one ever says SPORT HUGHES!!!!!!

of course you could start a "celebrating matt hughes" thread on bj's site and see what happens

and don't get mad at me miss foxy, i ain't hating on anyone, i just ain't celebratin' 'em either

you're one of the last on here i want to disrespect.....

this thread has the makings of an actual civil discussion

i could go for that i guess..... but we all have one thing in common here, we should rally behind that

c'mon jb!!!! don't you know godwin's law? i just cut to the chase....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law LOL

course he shouldn't have to govern us like that, we should be a little more discretionary

+1
We all see Miss Foxy loving Penn on Matt Hughes site right? Extremely hard for my heart to have watched them two fight. What have I always said though? I was a fan of both. I did boast Hughes on Penns site and of course there were haters, but thats expected. Also there were a lot of people that gave Matt props on BJs site as well..I just don't see anyone being so extreme on here though boasting about Penn or GSP or anything to downplay Matt's legacy. But I am not mad at you. Gosh no..
Old 11-30-2010, 12:03 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post

I know Godwin's Law, and by that law, whoever mentions Hitler first automatically loses.

A thread on a discussion forum is hardly the same as a statue, but you make an interesting point. Look at what happened in both the GSP and the BJ "Celebration" threads. They were hit with a bunch of negative comments, and they weren't a celebration at all. Just like if you put a Lebron statue in Cleveland, it would be defaced. It just shows how silly people can be.