Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

incidently...have you heard of Emporar Meiji

He Returned the Samurai to their proper place in society...and some people have the audacity to say it was their decline. You see, they grew from a rank of nobility...to a full scale political movement...he put them back into a military perspective...and ironically...noone has heard from them again.

There is a BIG difference between the ideological Samurai...and what the Samurai were supposed to be.

I have a Video of him, Meiji that is...He was the first leader of Japan after the last of the Shoguns, which I believe he disbanded all together. A truely Great Reformist, who returned Japan to proper politics by taking out the ever growing legion of Military leaders, and put them back where they belong. UNDER the Emporar...not on top of him. In so doing, Japan moved into the Modern Era and became one of the most powerful Nations on Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skpAuB7rT-Y
Old 11-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
incidently...have you heard of Emporar Meiji

He Returned the Samurai to their proper place in society...and some people have the audacity to say it was their decline. You see, they grew from a rank of nobility...to a full scale political movement...he put them back into a military perspective...and ironically...noone has heard from them again.

There is a BIG difference between the ideological Samurai...and what the Samurai were supposed to be.

I have a Video of him, Meiji that is...He was the first leader of Japan after the last of the Shoguns, which I believe he disbanded all together. A truely Great Reformist, who returned Japan to proper politics by taking out the ever growing legion of Military leaders, and put them back where they belong. UNDER the Emporar...not on top of him. In so doing, Japan moved into the Modern Era and became one of the most powerful Nations on Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skpAuB7rT-Y
Yousee throughout all the leaders of Japan, there has always been an Emporar, even if technically speaking he didnt hold any power because of Shogun sub rullers. Their line is unbroken from their founding...over 125 Monarchs of THE SAME dynasty...we are not just talking a monarchical line here...like the the British Royals....we are talking one single blood family having rulled Japan for Two Thousand Five Hundred Years. Thats unheard of Even including Egyptian Culture.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:36 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Yeah and NOT ONE mention GreaseGate in ANY OF THEM.

You can tell his defining moment was beating Matt Hughes because collectively there seems to be almost as much Matt as Georges in all his highlights What does it say about you, when your only true defining point is beating a man who you've trained your entire career to emulate...and even then it takes you three attempts to truely nail victory.

See Hughes might be a dominant Champion...but you cant say his whole career was defined by having beaten only one person in repatition. Georges is like a Hughes-wannabe...BUT he lacks the character and charisma to be anything more then a set of skills...usually aimed at one of two people.

Matt Completely independant of Georges is Great...But Georges whole Greatness is based on the Conquest of Hughes. Remove Hughes and all trace of his interaction with Georges...and GSP is diminished to a well meaning guy with plenty of potential, lots of skills, but full of mental holes. Whether he wants to or not, Hughes still props up Saint Pierres whole reign...whenever GSP cant finish someone who he really, on skill alone, should....we are reminded..."oh yes...but he can beat Hughes and Penn" ...oh...thats okay then...

So together Matt Hughes and BJ Penn basically CREATE Georges. Matt Hughes is the bench mark for his skills, Matt Hughes is the person he tries so desperately to copy (some of the things he said after gaining the title, or officially, are like he's reading a script taken from after Matt Wins) and Penn is the Character challenge for him, The one who keeps asking whether Georges really did win their first bout, the one who threatens to take everything he's learned away from him, the one who drives him to openly cheat, in order to defend what he's learned. Now he's got extra exposure during TUF to compensate for his loss of shares following GreaseGate against a guy its not hard to look the epitome of characteristic Greatness against...we can go back to remembering Georges Saint Pierre Vs Matt Hughes (the man who made him) and Georges Saint Pierre Vs BJ Penn (the man who validates him)

Where in that is Georges himself? I do actually pity him...because I think had he avoided Matt Hughes/GSP 2, and had Matt lost the championship to anyone else...even Penn...then Georges Ascension would have been all him...and he could have been likened unto Hughes, without that likeness consuming him. You know, it would be a compliment, without being a complete point of reference....and I think he DID have the capacity to pull that off...but now its impossible...Even if Matt Hughes retired tommorow...its too late...the aura of Hughes cant be shaken off...Even IF Matt were to fight him, and beat him, and at title level, and then to defend against him, and win best of five...It wouldnt change the fact that one man made him, and he can never now be his own.

Case in point guys....Georges will forever be remembered by the phrase "im not impressed by your performance" the whole online MMA community use that phrase now when talking about any bad fight, they do it by mocking what Georges said to Matt...its not a compliment...and it comes up in totally unconnected circumstances.

When Matt Hughes and Georges Saint Pierre have both long gone, People wont remember GreaseGate, they wont remember Matt Serra winning, but they WILL remember what Georges said to Matt that night. It was the single worst thing he's ever done...and its been immortalized
I'm truly amazed at your inability to understand anything at all about everything you encounter in your life.

you should really focus all of your energy on writing fiction for a living...you would be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I didn't even make it all the way through this one.
Yeah, I got bored about 3 minutes in and stopped watching.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 PM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

Saw the video had GSP in it. Didn't click. Pretty much got what it was about by u guys talking about it. In short the video is a pat me on the back and Leg Humping GSP fest.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
I'm truly amazed at your inability to understand anything at all about everything you encounter in your life.

you should really focus all of your energy on writing fiction for a living...you would be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams.
Actually, Dave is right about a lot of what he says there. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

If you take Hughes and Penn away from GSP, his legacy wouldn't be anywhere at all the same at this point.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Case in point guys....Georges will forever be remembered by the phrase "im not impressed by your performance" the whole online MMA community use that phrase now when talking about any bad fight, they do it by mocking what Georges said to Matt...its not a compliment...and it comes up in totally unconnected circumstances.

When Matt Hughes and Georges Saint Pierre have both long gone, People wont remember GreaseGate, they wont remember Matt Serra winning, but they WILL remember what Georges said to Matt that night. It was the single worst thing he's ever done...and its been immortalized
With this and the greasegate crap, you are being way too over-dramatic.

What GSP said to Matt was not the "single worst thing he's ever done". It was nothing more than a situation instigated by the UFC brass. What makes the moment memorable was GSP's hilarious accent, and how mild and toned down a line like "I'm not impressed by your performance" is compared to guys like Frank Mir coming out and saying he's gonna make Lesnar the first death in the octagon, or Rampage Jackson talking about "black on black crime". I doubt GSP feels mocked when people laugh at it, because he obviously laughs at it himself.

GSP is not impressed with your analysis...lol...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2HzpIHo-w
Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Actually, Dave is right about a lot of what he says there. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

If you take Hughes and Penn away from GSP, his legacy wouldn't be anywhere at all the same at this point.
that's like saying if you turned the lights out at night it would become dark....but most people would realize though its actually the rotation of the earth in relationship with the sun that resulted in it being dark...but not Dave.

Last edited by bradwright; 11-27-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
that's like saying if you turned the lights out at night it would become dark....but most people would realize though its actually the rotation of the earth in relationship with the sun that resulted in it being dark...but not Dave.
I do think that Dave over-thinks some things, and Dave knows that because I tell him that all the time, right Dave?

My favorite was a month or so ago when Dave somewhat questioned the legitimacy of Cain's "Brown Pride" due to his inability to speak in the ancient languages of the tribes using hieroglyphics.

Besides rehashing the tin-foil-hat ready discussions about "greasegate" or claiming the "not impressed" moment was GSP's worst act ever, I agreed with most of what he said. I certainly wouldn't take that statement of his and say it's on par with a something that defines him as being "unable to understand anything he encounters in life". That's a bit overboard.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

I do write short stories sometimes. None were good enough for publishing though