Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 11-25-2010, 08:20 PM
SteveT

Wishing a great and wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your family Matt as well as everyone on the board. To the new friends that I made on the weekend, although it's not my Thanksgiving, I am very thankful I was able to meet you guys
Old 11-26-2010, 02:37 AM
sender

Happy turkey day everybody!
Old 11-26-2010, 03:40 AM
cheachea

Happy turkey day to everyone.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:06 PM
lc87

thanks matt. I hope you and your family had a great thanksgiving. I want tothank you for being such a great role model and champion. someone who I am proud to look up to and I always wish you the best.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Matt, thank you.

When I got home Sunday, my 9 year old son asked me if I still liked you after your loss after dirving up to see you fight.

I was a little shocked and said "Of course I do."

Then he said to me.. "Good because, if you never lose, your not fighting the right people right?".. ever since we heard that on TUF.. it's kind of a "mantra" in dealing with coming up a little short.

He said he watched the fight with my wife and thought your music was cool, and that got upset a little when you lost, but when you got up and saw that you were ok, he was better.

I am very proud to have my son think you are the greatest! I am proud to call myself a fan.

I hope you and your family have a great holiday season!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:05 AM
SPIRITWARRIORSTV.COM

Happy Thanksgiving Matt. Hope you and your family had a great day.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Here're some pics of what Matt and Audra were doing on Thanksgiving morning. Matt and his wife were 2 of the volunteers from the church family who worked at the community Thanksgiving meal that served over 400 people. They worked the early shift: cutting pies, filling cups with cranberry sauce, getting drinks ready, and finishing set up.

Every Thanksgiving the area churches put the event on for anyone who would like to enjoy their Thanksgiving meal with others. By keeping it real general they hope to pick up more people who would be eating the meal alone or who couldn't pay for such a meal. They fed over 400 people this year. Matt and Audra were on the early shift (8:30 AM) this year. After having a tough loss, Matt was still out there a few days later volunteering.

Matt filling cups with cranberry sauce:

Audra with take-home boxes for pies:

Matt still taking time out for his fans - pictured here with Gary Hyser who was also volunteering that day:

Photos by Matt Ferguson, the pastor of the Hillsboro Presbyterian Church of which Matt and Audra are members.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Here're some pics of what Matt and Audra were doing on Thanksgiving morning. Matt and his wife were 2 of the volunteers from the church family who worked at the community Thanksgiving meal that served over 400 people. They worked the early shift: cutting pies, filling cups with cranberry sauce, getting drinks ready, and finishing set up.

Every Thanksgiving the area churches put the event on for anyone who would like to enjoy their Thanksgiving meal with others. By keeping it real general they hope to pick up more people who would be eating the meal alone or who couldn't pay for such a meal. They fed over 400 people this year. Matt and Audra were on the early shift (8:30 AM) this year. After having a tough loss, Matt was still out there a few days later volunteering.

Matt filling cups with cranberry sauce:

Audra with take-home boxes for pies:

Matt still taking time out for his fans - pictured here with Gary Hyser who was also volunteering that day:

Photos by Matt Ferguson, the pastor of the Hillsboro Presbyterian Church of which Matt and Audra are members.
Very nice to help people who are less fortunate.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:24 PM

That's great! The blessing of giving and receiving.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
you mean THIS Matt Ferguson?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnpP8ts1Pno

[