Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 11-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Matt Pena

Default Hughes Fans

Im kind of at a lose of words when it comes to thinking about how lucky the Hughes camp really is to have such amazing fan support. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't disappointed with the outcome of Saturday's match. However, those are the results of one match. Consider how blessed we really are, and how many things that go right in our lives. Win, Lose, or Draw we've managed to do something quite special, we've managed to positively impact the lives of people who have in turned showered us with positive energy and love.

To the few fellas (and Christy), who did talk to me at the after-party, it was a pleasure. Im always put at ease whenever I get a chance to meet and talk to you guys. Otherwise, most of the time, I feel like Im a sideshow at a cheap carne... ;) I'm always thrilled to hear your story, way more than I enjoy talking about the fight game. Regardless, I'm at your disposal for whatever shall our paths cross again... OK... maybe not for WHATEVER... but you get the idea.

So if any of you guys' heads are still hanging... Pick your chin up before I have to come pay an angry visit! ;) We have our boy Robbie Lawler on deck!

You guys are the best!

Matt Pena
Old 11-25-2010, 06:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I saw you on ESPN Mr.Pena !!!

Seriously, we all know whats up. It sucks...but that's how it goes.

Matt is still the best UFC fighter ever...and I dare anybody to argue that with me...
Old 11-25-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I saw you on ESPN Mr.Pena !!!

Seriously, we all know whats up. It sucks...but that's how it goes.

Matt is still the best UFC fighter ever...and I dare anybody to argue that with me...
Why would we argue with you when you're right.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:01 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pena View Post
Im kind of at a lose of words when it comes to thinking about how lucky the Hughes camp really is to have such amazing fan support. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't disappointed with the outcome of Saturday's match. However, those are the results of one match. Consider how blessed we really are, and how many things that go right in our lives. Win, Lose, or Draw we've managed to do something quite special, we've managed to positively impact the lives of people who have in turned showered us with positive energy and love.

To the few fellas (and Christy), who did talk to me at the after-party, it was a pleasure. Im always put at ease whenever I get a chance to meet and talk to you guys. Otherwise, most of the time, I feel like Im a sideshow at a cheap carne... ;) I'm always thrilled to hear your story, way more than I enjoy talking about the fight game. Regardless, I'm at your disposal for whatever shall our paths cross again... OK... maybe not for WHATEVER... but you get the idea.

So if any of you guys' heads are still hanging... Pick your chin up before I have to come pay an angry visit! ;) We have our boy Robbie Lawler on deck!

You guys are the best!

Matt Pena
Matt, I loved being able to talk with you for so long Saturday night. It was definitely one of the high points of the whole weekend for me. I'm a giant geek for behind the scenes info, so to be able to hear the coaches perspective on so much from the camp to the fights to the in between, etc.

Thanks for dropping by & good luck getting Robbie ready for Lindland & Darkness ready for the Fight for the Troops!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pena View Post

You guys are the best!

Matt Pena
I think any person who has met Matt, yourself, or anyone else in the Hughes camp would be similarly impressed by how genuine and accessible all of you guys are. People walk up to you initially as fans, but they walk away as friends and that's what makes us the luckiest MMA fans in the world.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think any person who has met Matt, yourself, or anyone else in the Hughes camp would be similarly impressed by how genuine and accessible all of you guys are. People walk up to you initially as fans, but they walk away as friends and that's what makes us the luckiest MMA fans in the world.
i haven't even met anyone in the Hughes camp and already feel that way just by what i see and read on here ...
Old 11-25-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i haven't even met anyone in the Hughes camp and already feel that way just by what i see and read on here ...
Ditto.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Matt it was great to meet you and it always impresses me that Matt is surrounded by such a great group of people. It also make me feel so grateful to be able get such a inclusive experience when I get the chance to attend an event.
The after party felt the same as it would if the outcome had been in our favor. Everyone shaking hands and catching up. I'm sure that environment is great for Matt and i know it is for his fans and friends.

Robbie looks to be in fantastic shape and that can only mean bad things for Baby Bird Lindland!

Thanks for everything Matt

[
Old 11-26-2010, 06:47 PM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

Thanks Mr. Pena.
To Matt. You are a Champion. No one can take that away. Not even a one well placed punch!!
Good luck on your Hunting show. WAR HUGHES FOREVER!!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:54 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why would we argue with you when you're right.
I don't know, but people do it all the time