Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-25-2010, 01:55 AM

Default Gerald Harris released?

Anyone have a clue why Gerald Harris was released? The guy was 3-0 in the UFC before his last fight. He had two Knockout of the Night victories and his other victory was via TKO. He loses via a decision and the UFC cuts him.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Dana said he would rather have losers of dogfights in the UFC...

I think it's a hint that they are going after Michael Vick.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:08 AM

What's that gotta do with Harris though?
Old 11-25-2010, 02:16 AM
SteveT

Maybe Dana is trying to make a point about the guys that stand around and not do anything in the ring? Regardless of your record, if you're not going to fight when it's time to fight then you're not going to fight in the UFC?
Old 11-25-2010, 02:19 AM

I didn't see his fight. Was his fight THAT bad? I mean was it like Silva vs Maia bad or Houston Alexander vs Kimbo bad? The guys other fights he had great wins.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
What's that gotta do with Harris though?

Dana found his fight boring, so he's gone. Don't matter what he did in the past.

This is MMA baby, you are only as good as your last fight.

Truth is, they need to make room for all the WEC guys they absorbed. Get used to it, because it's gonna happen a lot more over the coming months.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:01 AM
SteveT

Quote:
I didn't see his fight. Was his fight THAT bad? I mean was it like Silva vs Maia bad or Houston Alexander vs Kimbo bad? The guys other fights he had great wins.
Well...let's put it this way....I don't think the first punch got thrown until about 3 minutes into the first round. They just went around in circles. Then Falcao unleashed a fury of shots and dropped Harris. For a 15 minutes fight, there was maybe 1:30 of actual action...the rest was a staring seminar.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
Well...let's put it this way....I don't think the first punch got thrown until about 3 minutes into the first round. They just went around in circles. Then Falcao unleashed a fury of shots and dropped Harris. For a 15 minutes fight, there was maybe 1:30 of actual action...the rest was a staring seminar.
Ding!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
is, they need to make room for all the WEC guys they absorbed. Get used to it, because it's gonna happen a lot more over the coming months.
Thats what I said in one of my videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plrw6BeeAmM (is this not the first thing I say in my thoughts section for my UFC 122 predictions?)

They need to make room, so expect dramatic cuts in the 155lb category when they merge, and expect reductions in all others to compensate for two extra division worth of people.

As for Harris...well he might have gone because Tyson Griffin was spared. Griffin was spared because he tried he best, and should have won...Gerald Harris went becauase he gassed in the later rounds, and just shrugged his shoulders if I recall. He couldnt be arsed...I think Dana has made the correct calls regarding the aftermath of 123...I'm really quite impressed because I dont always aggree with him...but he has made two very good decisions regarding who stays and who goes...for the first time in ages, winning has not determined who has stayed...character and performance have. If this is the method by which he selects people for the chop that he's going to have to do slightly more in this next few months, then good for him.

I give my full views on the merger here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSkZ7ODhRzw

Last edited by Tyburn; 11-26-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
It was bad like Kalib Starnes/Nate Quarry.. except imagine Nate not coming after Kalib.