Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't mean to sound so cynical, but I just say things how I perceive them. I am not worried or concerned if my opinion isnt that of the "majority." I dislike Dana a lot. His big mouth annoys me..
I kinda like the guy.. talked with him a second while he was in Charlotte... seemed OK.. at 123 he was greeted with cheers when he just walked into the building..

But it's cool.. nothing wrong with having an opinion.. even if it's different.. it keeps things interesting.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
He will get that when Rampage takes the belt... Rashad will lose to Rua, and 'Page will come in FULL of "get back"...

Does that mean that Lyoto should get the loser of Rashad/Rua?

Lyoto/Rashad 2? I kinda like that. Goggly Eyes all over again!

!!!! I FU@%!NG LOVE IT !!!!!!

That would be awesome if They fought again
Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 PM
wavetar

I'd pick Rashad in a rematch with Lyoto, as I feel in the first fight he had way too much confidence in his hands, which against Lyoto is a bad thing if you actually aren't a top-level striker. In a rematch, I'm sure he'd stick much more with his bread & butter wrestling game, as he did with Tiago & Rampage.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I'd pick Rashad in a rematch with Lyoto, as I feel in the first fight he had way too much confidence in his hands, which against Lyoto is a bad thing if you actually aren't a top-level striker. In a rematch, I'm sure he'd stick much more with his bread & butter wrestling game, as he did with Tiago & Rampage.
Rashad looked good in those fights... But he was facing Thiago with a back injury and he still got clipped and almost knocked out but won a decision... He also faced a fat Rampage coming a year + layoff got clipped and almost knocked out but again won a decision.

Id still take lyoto in a rematch.. I dont think rashads mediocre college wrestling credentials will come into play as lyoto has never been taken down in the ufc to my knowledge.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Dana's an a-hole who is loyal to no one.. However many fighters are loyal to him and do him big favors that sometimes cost them a loss?... He's more emotional than an ovulating woman! Hypocrisy at its best!
He does seem to fix things how he wants them, doesn't he. Case in point, Fitch, and now Lyoto isn't getting the rematch with Rampage which IMO he deserves. When I read this quote from Dana that atomdanger posted in the Tyson Griffin thread, I immediately felt he was making reference to Lyoto in his first fight with Rua: "You know how I feel," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I like guys who come in and fight. I'd rather keep a guy who lost a dogfight than keep a guy who ran around in circles for three rounds and won." JMO

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-24-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
He does seem to fix things how he wants them, doesn't he. Case in point, Fitch, and now Lyoto isn't getting the rematch with Rampage which IMO he certainly does deserve.

I agree 100% Bonnie and Miss Foxy
Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree 100% Bonnie and Miss Foxy
I went and grabbed a quote from Dana that adomdanger posted in the Tyson Griffin thread to add to my post. I think it's very telling IMO.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I went and grabbed a quote from Dana that adomdanger posted in the Tyson Griffin thread to add to my post. I think it's very telling IMO.
He's a total .......Shoot I don't want to get banned on my first week back!! So I will leave it to everyones imagination what I want to call him..
Old 11-24-2010, 11:20 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I'd rather keep a guy who lost a dogfight than keep a guy who ran around in circles for three rounds and won." JMO
Dana is trying to sign Michael Vick now....he just can't help but chase the coat-tails of the NFL

Lyoto still lost...lol
Old 11-24-2010, 11:20 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Rashad looked good in those fights... But he was facing Thiago with a back injury and he still got clipped and almost knocked out but won a decision... He also faced a fat Rampage coming a year + layoff got clipped and almost knocked out but again won a decision.

Id still take lyoto in a rematch.. I dont think rashads mediocre college wrestling credentials will come into play as lyoto has never been taken down in the ufc to my knowledge.
Well, one can downplay his opposition, but those were dangerous guys & most people getting clipped by them end up on their backs. If he had stuck with his striking gameplan with either of those guys, he'd have suffered the same defeat as against Lyoto. Lyoto hasn't faced even a mediocre wrestler in the UFC yet, other than a Rashad who wasn't interested in using it. I don't really count Tito, as he can't beat anyone not named Ken Shamrock. Lyoto isn't aggressive enough to win a decision if Rashad can manage to take him down at least once a round.