Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default With the Lyoto "loss"

Who does he fight next?

I like Rich.. that would be a good fight.. but Rich is WAY agressive... might go the same way...

Forrest? I would love that.. but Forrest is fighting Rich.. I don't want to wait that long to see Lyoto fight again...

Who do you want to see fight against Lyoto???
Old 11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Miss Foxy

I need to learn how to let things go, but I would love a rematch with Rampage..
Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I need to learn how to let things go, but I would love a rematch with Rampage..
He will get that when Rampage takes the belt... Rashad will lose to Rua, and 'Page will come in FULL of "get back"...

Does that mean that Lyoto should get the loser of Rashad/Rua?

Lyoto/Rashad 2? I kinda like that. Goggly Eyes all over again!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:00 PM

I give Page the winner of Bader /Jones for #1 contender. Lyoto vs Bonnar for a rematch of their Jungle Fight stoppage.

[
Old 11-24-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I give Page the winner of Bader /Jones for #1 contender. Lyoto vs Bonnar for a rematch of their Jungle Fight stoppage.
I have a friend that still talks to Jones.. great guy as I understand it.. but I don't know that he should get that fight (#1 Contender).. and Def not Bader.. IMO... neither has faced a top 10 fighter. with the excpetion of Bader fighting Nog.. and Bader did win that one..
Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 PM

Just double checking my fight facts and I came across this on Wiki..

"Post-Title Loss Lyoto Machida vs Rampage Jackson controversy
In an interview with mmajunkie.com Lyoto Machida stated that he would like to fight as often as possible and would like to fight Rashad Evans in a rematch to decide the number one contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.

Machida faced Quinton Jackson on November 20, 2010 at UFC 123, losing a split decision. During the first two rounds, Machida's evasive counterstriking was matched against Quinton Jackson's aggression and clinch/dirty boxing techniques. Both fighters scored in striking exchanges, but neither appeared to be the clear victor in either round. In the third round, Machida stunned Rampage with a straight counter left before following up with volley of punches, kicks and knees. He then secured a takedown followed by full mount, before attempting to finish the fight by arm-bar. According to FightMetric Machida outlanded Jackson 33 to 16 in the category of significant strikes.[38] In spite of the dominant third round, and due to the way the North American MMA judging system is structured (almost every round is scored 10-9 regardless of the amount of action), the judges awarded Jackson the victory by split decision (29-28, 28-29 and 29-28). The most controversy centered around the scoring of Round 1, in which Machida landed a higher number of effective strikes, but Rampage was awarded "Octagon Control" for continuing to press forward through the round.

Jackson seemed surprised by the victory and post-fight announced the need for an immediate rematch. UFC president Dana White disagreed, however, noting that because he felt Jackson won the first two rounds, a rematch was not needed. Interestingly, this position is the exact opposite of his position on the Machida vs Rua fight, in which Rua was awarded an immediate rematch in spite of a unanimous judgment decision in favor of Machida."

Now I don't want to turn this into a whinning contents.. Lyoto lost that fight.. I don't agree.. and I understand why he lost.. but it is funny that Dana would say almost the same thing.. in reverse..
Old 11-24-2010, 06:16 PM

What about Tito/Lyoto 2??

That could almost be a main event.

If Dana REALLY wanted to send Tito packing.. or have him "prove himself".. that would be a good fight.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Just double checking my fight facts and I came across this on Wiki..

"Post-Title Loss Lyoto Machida vs Rampage Jackson controversy
In an interview with mmajunkie.com Lyoto Machida stated that he would like to fight as often as possible and would like to fight Rashad Evans in a rematch to decide the number one contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.

Machida faced Quinton Jackson on November 20, 2010 at UFC 123, losing a split decision. During the first two rounds, Machida's evasive counterstriking was matched against Quinton Jackson's aggression and clinch/dirty boxing techniques. Both fighters scored in striking exchanges, but neither appeared to be the clear victor in either round. In the third round, Machida stunned Rampage with a straight counter left before following up with volley of punches, kicks and knees. He then secured a takedown followed by full mount, before attempting to finish the fight by arm-bar. According to FightMetric Machida outlanded Jackson 33 to 16 in the category of significant strikes.[38] In spite of the dominant third round, and due to the way the North American MMA judging system is structured (almost every round is scored 10-9 regardless of the amount of action), the judges awarded Jackson the victory by split decision (29-28, 28-29 and 29-28). The most controversy centered around the scoring of Round 1, in which Machida landed a higher number of effective strikes, but Rampage was awarded "Octagon Control" for continuing to press forward through the round.

Jackson seemed surprised by the victory and post-fight announced the need for an immediate rematch. UFC president Dana White disagreed, however, noting that because he felt Jackson won the first two rounds, a rematch was not needed. Interestingly, this position is the exact opposite of his position on the Machida vs Rua fight, in which Rua was awarded an immediate rematch in spite of a unanimous judgment decision in favor of Machida."

Now I don't want to turn this into a whinning contents.. Lyoto lost that fight.. I don't agree.. and I understand why he lost.. but it is funny that Dana would say almost the same thing.. in reverse..
Dana's an a-hole who is loyal to no one.. However many fighters are loyal to him and do him big favors that sometimes cost them a loss?... He's more emotional than an ovulating woman! Hypocrisy at its best!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Dana's an a-hole who is loyal to no one.. However many fighters are loyal to him and do him big favors that sometimes cost them a loss?... He's more emotional than an ovulating woman! Hypocrisy at its best!
wow... tell me what you "really think"...

I woudln't go that far.. but I do see what you mean..
Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
wow... tell me what you "really think"...

I woudln't go that far.. but I do see what you mean..
I don't mean to sound so cynical, but I just say things how I perceive them. I am not worried or concerned if my opinion isnt that of the "majority." I dislike Dana a lot. His big mouth annoys me..