Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Rochambeau

Well, perhaps Matt could fight somebody else at UFC 127. If I'm in the country, I'll fly to Sydney.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Well, perhaps Matt could fight somebody else at UFC 127. If I'm in the country, I'll fly to Sydney.
I think there is a mandatory 90-day medical suspension if you get knocked out during a UFC fight, but I'm not really sure. Matt was back up and in his right mind within seconds and he didn't seem to have any ill effects at all during the after party (in fact he was in great spirits). So that might be depending on the nature of the knock out.

However, I highly doubt that Matt is going to accept another fight so soon. The only reason he took the BJ Penn fight on such short notice was because it was BJ Penn.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Bhalbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I don't care to see him fight Hallman again. I think any fights should be against big names.
plus Hallman walked out to Peter Gabriel...
Lol
Old 11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
SteveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think there is a mandatory 90-day medical suspension if you get knocked out during a UFC fight, but I'm not really sure.

Matt Hughes: Suspended 60 days with no contact during training for 60 days for precautionary reasons.

Now when they say no contact during training, does that include rolling with the guys at his camp or does it mean no contact when training on striking ?
Old 11-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Rochambeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think there is a mandatory 90-day medical suspension if you get knocked out during a UFC fight, but I'm not really sure. Matt was back up and in his right mind within seconds and he didn't seem to have any ill effects at all during the after party (in fact he was in great spirits). So that might be depending on the nature of the knock out.

However, I highly doubt that Matt is going to accept another fight so soon. The only reason he took the BJ Penn fight on such short notice was because it was BJ Penn.
He'll have a week to train then. Sounds perfect!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I can almost guarantee you it will never happen.
Did he say why?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
Matt Hughes: Suspended 60 days with no contact during training for 60 days for precautionary reasons.

Now when they say no contact during training, does that include rolling with the guys at his camp or does it mean no contact when training on striking ?
As I understand these Suspensions are lifted when the SAC gets medical checks. So when someone gets KO'd or gets a Cut or whatever they instantly assume the worst...pending...suitable medical proof that will proove otherwise. So I bet they assume a concussion...and quite possibly Matt never got one...in which case they change their mind...you watch, after every fight almost everyone gets suspended for about three months...but in the end it only is upheld against those who actually get seriously injured.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
He'll have a week to train then. Sounds perfect!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Fascinating...according to Sherdog, Dennis Hallman has also come out and said there would be nothing to gain in fighting Matt Hughes

He says he's "Super Tough" but thinks he would rather fight someone else to move up the ranks...he says this even after Hughes lost...Not that he would tern it down if made official as an offer...but none of the three parties want this to happen, Not Hughes, Not Hallman, Not the UFC