Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
GSP was able to rock Fitch on more than one occasion and IMO Penn hits harder than GSP. So I would have to disagree with you when you say that BJ does not have one shot KO power (I also think that Caol Uno would disagree with you as well)
caol was ko'd with a bunch of fast shots ... BJ has faster hands, but doesn't hit harder than GSP (not that i have been hit by either) ... i also don't think gsp has one shot ko power either ... they both very well could be, but don't go swinging for the fences because they don't have to ... imo, if bj gets taken down in this fight, he is done ... he has to stun jon fast and put him out quick, but no one has been able to do this ... i am pulling for BJ is this fight as i want to see BJ/GSP III
Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
caol was ko'd with a bunch of fast shots ... BJ has faster hands, but doesn't hit harder than GSP (not that i have been hit by either) ... i also don't think gsp has one shot ko power either ... they both very well could be, but don't go swinging for the fences because they don't have to ... imo, if bj gets taken down in this fight, he is done ... he has to stun jon fast and put him out quick, but no one has been able to do this ... i am pulling for BJ is this fight as i want to see BJ/GSP III
I think Penn has greater KO power than GSP anyday.. There's no way I can see this fight working in Fitch's favor. I just don't. He never finishes anything. He gets by and thats it. I do like the guy though so I hope I am not coming off rude...
Old 11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Im pretty sure the straight right that caught Uno is what put him out the the rest were just follow up. There is one way to find out who hits harder, we could ask Matt. Matt has fought both 3 times so I'm sure he would have an idea of who hits harder.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I think Penn has greater KO power than GSP anyday.. There's no way I can see this fight working in Fitch's favor. I just don't. He never finishes anything. He gets by and thats it. I do like the guy though so I hope I am not coming off rude...
I think Penn could have more KO power...I think we dont know. BJ Penn pretends this is like his first big win since Caol Uno...but you have to remember something...Penn usually doesnt box to win, and he doesnt aim to. He aims to submit...We simply dont know, because he hasnt engaged enough times, to see if he has increadible KO power...but never uses it...or if he could try a thousand times and only get the few with lucky power shots.

Although Uno looks worse then Hughes, Hughes fight would be the one to use, because Uno did something very stupid to set himself up, against Penn, Matt Hughes didnt. If I remember rightly, Unos crazy few seconds of flying through the air, not unlike Dane Sayers during the entrance fight in this past season of TUF was wild, bizzare...and stupid. Jay just took a step to the left Even he looked a bit like