Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
GSP was able to rock Fitch on more than one occasion and IMO Penn hits harder than GSP. So I would have to disagree with you when you say that BJ does not have one shot KO power (I also think that Caol Uno would disagree with you as well)
caol was ko'd with a bunch of fast shots ... BJ has faster hands, but doesn't hit harder than GSP (not that i have been hit by either) ... i also don't think gsp has one shot ko power either ... they both very well could be, but don't go swinging for the fences because they don't have to ... imo, if bj gets taken down in this fight, he is done ... he has to stun jon fast and put him out quick, but no one has been able to do this ... i am pulling for BJ is this fight as i want to see BJ/GSP III
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
caol was ko'd with a bunch of fast shots ... BJ has faster hands, but doesn't hit harder than GSP (not that i have been hit by either) ... i also don't think gsp has one shot ko power either ... they both very well could be, but don't go swinging for the fences because they don't have to ... imo, if bj gets taken down in this fight, he is done ... he has to stun jon fast and put him out quick, but no one has been able to do this ... i am pulling for BJ is this fight as i want to see BJ/GSP III
I think Penn has greater KO power than GSP anyday.. There's no way I can see this fight working in Fitch's favor. I just don't. He never finishes anything. He gets by and thats it. I do like the guy though so I hope I am not coming off rude...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
caol was ko'd with a bunch of fast shots ... BJ has faster hands, but doesn't hit harder than GSP (not that i have been hit by either) ... i also don't think gsp has one shot ko power either ... they both very well could be, but don't go swinging for the fences because they don't have to ... imo, if bj gets taken down in this fight, he is done ... he has to stun jon fast and put him out quick, but no one has been able to do this ... i am pulling for BJ is this fight as i want to see BJ/GSP III
Im pretty sure the straight right that caught Uno is what put him out the the rest were just follow up. There is one way to find out who hits harder, we could ask Matt. Matt has fought both 3 times so I'm sure he would have an idea of who hits harder.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I think Penn has greater KO power than GSP anyday.. There's no way I can see this fight working in Fitch's favor. I just don't. He never finishes anything. He gets by and thats it. I do like the guy though so I hope I am not coming off rude...
I think Penn could have more KO power...I think we dont know. BJ Penn pretends this is like his first big win since Caol Uno...but you have to remember something...Penn usually doesnt box to win, and he doesnt aim to. He aims to submit...We simply dont know, because he hasnt engaged enough times, to see if he has increadible KO power...but never uses it...or if he could try a thousand times and only get the few with lucky power shots.

Although Uno looks worse then Hughes, Hughes fight would be the one to use, because Uno did something very stupid to set himself up, against Penn, Matt Hughes didnt. If I remember rightly, Unos crazy few seconds of flying through the air, not unlike Dane Sayers during the entrance fight in this past season of TUF was wild, bizzare...and stupid. Jay just took a step to the left Even he looked a bit like

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think Penn could have more KO power...I think we dont know. BJ Penn pretends this is like his first big win since Caol Uno...but you have to remember something...Penn usually doesnt box to win, and he doesnt aim to. He aims to submit...We simply dont know, because he hasnt engaged enough times, to see if he has increadible KO power...but never uses it...or if he could try a thousand times and only get the few with lucky power shots.

Although Uno looks worse then Hughes, Hughes fight would be the one to use, because Uno did something very stupid to set himself up, against Penn, Matt Hughes didnt. If I remember rightly, Unos crazy few seconds of flying through the air, not unlike Dane Sayers during the entrance fight in this past season of TUF was wild, bizzare...and stupid. Jay just took a step to the left Even he looked a bit like

For the record there is no such thing as a lucky power shot (unless your Matt Serra)...................
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
?
Cutest member on the Forum
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
For the record there is no such thing as a lucky power shot (unless your Matt Serra)...................
I didnt mean Lucky in that context.

I meant, if you are striking, but not with the aim to KO...occasionally you might accidently get a powerful punch that connects. BJ Penn doesnt go out to KO people. He goes out to submit them. Occasionally he might box with someone and KO them. It prooves he has KO power...but until he consistantly goes out WITH THE SPECIFIC INTENT to do nothing but stand and trade and TRY to get a KO...we cant judge just how much power is pent up behind his fists.

Do you follow?

Now, you could argue, as most people do, that Caol Uno prooves he can KO whenever he wants. That is a false assessment...because Caol Uno came flying through the air at him, in a non to sensible manner....along those lines, when he later had chance to stand a trade with Jens Pulver, we didnt see that sort of power.

HOWEVER, if you look at his fights against Sean Sherk, you can see that he can box effectively, if you further that with his fight against Stevenson, you will note an almighty punch which basically ended up being the mother of all take downs during that match. Follow that with Hughes, where you DONT see an Uno display, but you do see him getting caught, and you have a better argument that says BJ Penn has constant KO power, but has never set out to use it alone, specifically.

This will be compounded on IF Penn says that his game plan was specifically to box. If his plan was to go to the ground and try and submit Hughes...then the jury is out on whether that Punch was thrown with the intent to finish, or wheather Hughes was wrong place, wrong time. IF he says his plan was to NEVER go to the ground the whole match and that he was specifically looking for a KO...then you might have put your finger on the one thing that could proove me wrong about Penn at Welterweight IF he can successfully replicate against someone who isnt in a grudge match.

Geeeez, its like I got to give you your own counter argument to mine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Cutest member on the Forum
Thank You Javier.

oh...you meant her

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Thank You Javier.

oh...you meant her

LoL yes Tyburn I meant Miss FOXY!!

By the way John Fitch vs BJ is going to be a choreographed version of the GSP vs BJ 2 fight. Where Fitch is going to tear up BJ but I doubt BJ will quit this time.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL yes Tyburn I meant Miss FOXY!!

By the way John Fitch vs BJ is going to be a choreographed version of the GSP vs BJ 2 fight. Where Fitch is going to tear up BJ but I doubt BJ will quit this time.
That's sweet of ya!! I know your not a Penn follower too!! lol... That's cool everyone is entitled to have GOOD or bad taste!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.