Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
thats nearly as bad considering his last performance. He should be made to show a more decisive victory before being considered the top contender
well Shields has won 15 fights in a row (of those 15 wins 6 are from sub, 2 are from TKO and 7 are from Dec) and during that streak he has beat Henderson, Miller, Lawler, Daley, Condit, Okami and Kampmann. Shields deserves this title shot more than anyone else in the WW div IMO.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Miss Foxy

I like Fitch and all, but he never finishes fights good. He survives, but never smashes on anyone.. Penn will slaughter him..
Old 11-22-2010, 10:51 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I like Fitch and all, but he never finishes fights good. He survives, but never smashes on anyone.. Penn will slaughter him..
Posts like this are why you're the.... well you know
Old 11-22-2010, 10:52 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
well Shields has won 15 fights in a row (of those 15 wins 6 are from sub, 2 are from TKO and 7 are from Dec) and during that streak he has beat Henderson, Miller, Lawler, Daley, Condit, Okami and Kampmann. Shields deserves this title shot more than anyone else in the WW div IMO.
Exactly.
His fight was thrilling with the hitman,
but nobody else deserves it more than he does.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Posts like this are why you're the.... well you know
?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
?
The ****.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
The ****.
No...thats because of her avatar...be honnest
Old 11-23-2010, 06:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

i think fitch can control penn for three rounds ... penn has to use his speed and avoid the takedowns and light fitch up with his fast punches ... he has the speed to overwhelm jon, but i don't think he has the power for a one shot KO ... since it is a three round fight, BJ shouldn't gas by fighting a big guy like jon, but i see him getting a quick takedown and wearing on BJ so his strikes are useless in the 2nd and 3rd ...
Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think fitch can control penn for three rounds ... penn has to use his speed and avoid the takedowns and light fitch up with his fast punches ... he has the speed to overwhelm jon, but i don't think he has the power for a one shot KO ... since it is a three round fight, BJ shouldn't gas by fighting a big guy like jon, but i see him getting a quick takedown and wearing on BJ so his strikes are useless in the 2nd and 3rd ...
Interesting opinion. I don't see them going past the 2nd round. I don't think BJ will come out like he did Saturday night, I think this will hit the floor and be a ground game.. in Penn's favor of course..
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
GSP was able to rock Fitch on more than one occasion and IMO Penn hits harder than GSP. So I would have to disagree with you when you say that BJ does not have one shot KO power (I also think that Caol Uno would disagree with you as well)