Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Max

Default Penn vs Fitch @ UFC 127

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/21/1...vent#storyjump

That's according to UFC President Dana White, who confirmed the unexpected and rather hasty booking to Heavy MMA during the UFC 123 post-fight press conference on Nov. 20 in Auburn Hills.

Penn of course was victorious in his welterweight return at last night's "Rampage vs. Machida" pay-per-view, knocking out Matt Hughes in just 21 seconds in the rubber match of their 170-pound trilogy.

"The Prodigy" now has a legitimate reason to postpone his return to the lightweight division, where he coughed up his 155-pound title to Frankie Edgar back in April.

Aside from his "Knockout of the Night" over Hughes, Penn has the chance to change the landscape of the entire division should the Hawaiian prove victorious "Down Under" against a fighter that many people believe is the true welterweight number one contender.

Simply put, they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Fitch was originally scheduled to face Jake Ellenberger, who is expected to remain on the upcoming Sydney card against an opponent to be named.

No question Fitch will be watching multiple replays of UFC 94 as he prepares for a fight that could make or break his quest for another shot at the 170-pound title.

Here is the unofficial UFC 127 line-up:

185 lbs.: Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera
170 lbs.: Jon Fitch vs. B.J. Penn
155 lbs.: Dennis Siver vs. George Sotiropoulos
170 lbs.: Carlos Condit vs. Chris Lytle

Stay tuned to MMAmania.com for more updates to this still-developing fight card.

I would love to see BJ train with Matt for this fight, but I dont think it will happen
Old 11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/21/1...vent#storyjump

That's according to UFC President Dana White, who confirmed the unexpected and rather hasty booking to Heavy MMA during the UFC 123 post-fight press conference on Nov. 20 in Auburn Hills.

Penn of course was victorious in his welterweight return at last night's "Rampage vs. Machida" pay-per-view, knocking out Matt Hughes in just 21 seconds in the rubber match of their 170-pound trilogy.

"The Prodigy" now has a legitimate reason to postpone his return to the lightweight division, where he coughed up his 155-pound title to Frankie Edgar back in April.

Aside from his "Knockout of the Night" over Hughes, Penn has the chance to change the landscape of the entire division should the Hawaiian prove victorious "Down Under" against a fighter that many people believe is the true welterweight number one contender.

Simply put, they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Fitch was originally scheduled to face Jake Ellenberger, who is expected to remain on the upcoming Sydney card against an opponent to be named.

No question Fitch will be watching multiple replays of UFC 94 as he prepares for a fight that could make or break his quest for another shot at the 170-pound title.

Here is the unofficial UFC 127 line-up:

185 lbs.: Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera
170 lbs.: Jon Fitch vs. B.J. Penn
155 lbs.: Dennis Siver vs. George Sotiropoulos
170 lbs.: Carlos Condit vs. Chris Lytle

Stay tuned to MMAmania.com for more updates to this still-developing fight card.

I would love to see BJ train with Matt for this fight, but I dont think it will happen
What you have to understand is, BJ Penn is very much doted upon by Dana White, and Jon Fitch is very much detested by Dana White.

I had no idea that this whole moving up to Welterweight was only going to be for a Hughes Trilogy...which seems extremely dated to say the least...I would have thought that win or loose Penn would then have naturally stayed at Welterweight.

I guess now with this golden opportunity presented to the management, it makes sense for Penn to try and wipe out a contender they never want to ever get the belt. If he wins...woooohooo we get to see Pierre and Penn (again...this time I shall have no quarms in supporting GSP) if we dont...ten to one, BJ plops back down in weight (maybe to an altered landscape already) and they probably throw Fitch at Koscheck...who will be in mourning for having lost all his fan, and hopefully his careers ambition after the disgrace that was his side of TUF, and receiving, one prays, the ultimate domination from GSP (who truely deserves to be given the chance to absolutely slaughter the guy after TUF) ...and somehow if he manages to get through both of them...something will come up to prevent him fighting for the title.

White and Penn truely are the ugliest combination of political business and poster boi hype ever seen on earth.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Maldonado136

some people dont want this fight but i think its gonna be good. obviously dana thinks "bj is back" and wants fitch out of the title picture.

EDIT: Dave beat me to it lol
Old 11-21-2010, 08:27 PM
jasonmma

lll be cheering for bj in this one, i cant stand watching fitch fight
Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 PM
logrus

Thought Finch had the winner of Kos vs Gsp ?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
that was before the Management found an appropriate stumbling block to delay Fitch.

BJ Penn provides said stumbling block. Maybe he will decimate Fitch so badly that it may delay his reshot at the title. Permanently.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
that was before the Management found an appropriate stumbling block to delay Fitch.

BJ Penn provides said stumbling block. Maybe he will decimate Fitch so badly that it may delay his reshot at the title. Permanently.
Maybe Fitch get hes First Stoppage VIctory over BJ PENN

This is Going to be Great and I can see Fitch beating Penn Like Georges did in there second fight.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Shields gets the winner of Kos vs GSP
Old 11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Shields gets the winner of Kos vs GSP
thats nearly as bad considering his last performance. He should be made to show a more decisive victory before being considered the top contender
Old 11-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Maybe Fitch get hes First Stoppage VIctory over BJ PENN

This is Going to be Great and I can see Fitch beating Penn Like Georges did in there second fight.
wouldnt that be something

We can always hope, cant we Javier