Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Didn't see it. I just know Rampage landed shots in the first 2 rounds while Machida didn't land anything. All I saw Machida do in the first 2 rounds was get hit, run backwards, and go for clinches where all he did was hold Rampage's arms.

Round 3 wasn't quite big enough to be 8-10, so I had it 29-28 for Rampage as did 2 of the other judges. Keep in mind, bias is out, I don't like either of them, lol
He landed kicks! And he was giving him knees too when they were in the clinches. Even Rogan said Rampage was fighting more like a boxer than an mma fighter.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Rampage knows he lost that fight. The judges gave it to him. IMO

And I wish someone would stick a sock in Rogan's mouth 'til all of the fights are finished...and everyone has gone home.
Bonnie, you just said exactly what I've been thinking. Rampage was graceful about the decision, as was Lyoto.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:37 AM
rearnakedchoke

matt is still a legend ... BJ needed that fight more ... matt got caught ... MATT, you are still awesome ... you are an MMA living legend .... WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 AM
rearnakedchoke

i didn't really care who won that fight between rampage/machida . i had the fight 2/1 for rampage .... it could have gone a draw .... but a rematch would be cool ... i thought machida would leg kick the hell outta rampge, but quinton moved well ...
Old 11-21-2010, 06:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
He landed kicks! And he was giving him knees too when they were in the clinches. Even Rogan said Rampage was fighting more like a boxer than an mma fighter.
Rampage has always fought like that. This is just another case of inconsistency in judging.

When Forrest leg kicked the crap out of Rampage, they gave Forrest the decision and I thought Rampage won. Machida does almost the same thing, but they get the call right this time. The only reason people are so upset is because the first two rounds didn't have any moments that were clearly decisive and made a person say the round definitely went one way or the other. Although, really, Rampage was edging those first two rounds. Then Machida clearly wins the third round, and now people get the impression there was a robbery.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 AM
cheachea

Matt still beat Penn/GSP atleast once and that is a statement in it's self. It reminds me of Joe Frazier vs Mohammed Ali. Even though Ali beat Frazier twice Joe Frazier beat Ali Period. Even if you beat Ali only once YOU ARE STILL A BAD MAN LOL. Matt kind of reminds me of Frazier in that sense. Anyone else agree ?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
Matt still beat Penn/GSP atleast once and that is a statement in it's self. It reminds me of Joe Frazier vs Mohammed Ali. Even though Ali beat Frazier twice Joe Frazier beat Ali Period. Even if you beat Ali only once YOU ARE STILL A BAD MAN LOL. Matt kind of reminds me of Frazier in that sense. Anyone else agree ?
If anything, in my opinion I would probably reverse it and Matt would be more like Ali in your analogy.

Frazier beat Ali at a time when it really meant something to beat Muhammad Ali, and that's kinda how it was when BJ beat Matt in the first fight, and when GSP beat Matt in their first rematch. Beating Matt Hughes is what put BJ Penn and GSP over the threshold into the realm greatness in this sport. Everybody can win or lose a fight in the blink of an eye, but only the great fighters can really dominate top competition for a long period of time like we saw Matt Hughes do during his run. BJ and GSP have had similar runs, maybe not as lengthy at this point, still it's what makes them great. At the same time, it's that type of dominance that can separate a fighter from his loses when history looks back on them. Nobody will be remembering the likes of Medgoen Singsurat in the same light that they will remember Manny Pacquiao, even though he knocked Pacquaio out in 1999, just like nobody will ever remember Dennis Hallman the way they will remember Matt Hughes.

This fight could have ended in exactly the opposite fashion, with Matt pounding out BJ. What will follow now is a flock of BJ supporters saying that "BJ is back", when in truth he was never gone. BJ was able to capitalize very quickly on what was his best shot at winning the fight. I think BJ knew he needed to come out blazing from the beginning with hard, accurate punches and hope to slip one good shot in there to have a chance at winning. The longer the fight were to go on, the more the advantage would be to Hughes, so BJ did what he had to do, and it worked for him. You could tell how amped up BJ was to win, he knew he could have very easily been handed his 3rd loss in a row. Still, all the credit in the world to BJ for his performance, can't take nothing away from him for it.

Last edited by J.B.; 11-21-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 AM
atomdanger

gahhhh

Wow, I really didn't want to watch hughes/penn at all.
Tough loss, I really hope Matt has more fights and doesn't decide to retire, although he knows whats best for him.
Still the best WW champ in history
Old 11-21-2010, 08:44 AM

Love ya Matt... hold you head high. The family sends our prayers and support for whatever direction the Lord shows you.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Angry @ Injustice!