Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 AM
Rochambeau

I'm not very surprised, but I am disappointed. I think Matt fighting Dennis would make sense now. No shame in Matt losing though.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 AM

Rampage knows he lost that fight. The judges gave it to him. IMO

And I wish someone would stick a sock in Rogan's mouth 'til all of the fights are finished...and everyone has gone home.
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Machida just got ripped off!

That is ridiculous!!!
Didn't really see Machida land anything in the first 2 rounds. Rampage at least landed some shots that made Machida stagger (and run as always ). Machida easily won round 3. Could have went either way. I personally hate Rampage as a human being, but he's a good fighter. I find Machida's runaway style very boring so I'm happy Rampage got the W.

Keep your head high Matt, we all still love and support you! WAR HUGHES 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!
County Mike

I thought Rampage clearly won the first two rounds.

I was concerned when I saw Matt come out with a right-handed boxing stance. BJ caught him with a good one. I like both fighters but was hoping Matt would win it. BJ has never sent me a Christmas present.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:00 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

I was concerned when I saw Matt come out with a right-handed boxing stance. BJ caught him with a good one. I like both fighters but was hoping Matt would win it. BJ has never sent me a Christmas present.
In a close fight the guy stupid enough to come forward 99.5% of the time will get the round.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:02 AM

Sad . . . disappointed . . . but still a Matt Hughes fan.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Didn't really see Machida land anything in the first 2 rounds. Rampage at least landed some shots that made Machida stagger (and run as always ). Machida easily won round 3. Could have went either way. I personally hate Rampage as a human being, but he's a good fighter. I find Machida's runaway style very boring so I'm happy Rampage got the W.

Keep your head high Matt, we all still love and support you! WAR HUGHES 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

Did either of you see Rampage slide his butt to the ground after the fight was over? Even he thought he had lost! You could have bowled him over with a feather when they announced him as the winner he was THAT surprised!

Machida going back to avoid being hit is part of the way he fights, but he goes forward too to land punches and kicks as we saw.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:15 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Did either of you see Rampage slide his butt to the ground after the fight was over? Even he thought he had lost! You could have bowled him over with a feather when they announced him as the winner he was THAT surprised!

Machida going back to avoid being hit is part of the way he fights, but he goes forward too to land punches and kicks as we saw.
Didn't see it. I just know Rampage landed shots in the first 2 rounds while Machida didn't land anything. All I saw Machida do in the first 2 rounds was get hit, run backwards, and go for clinches where all he did was hold Rampage's arms.

Round 3 wasn't quite big enough to be 8-10, so I had it 29-28 for Rampage as did 2 of the other judges. Keep in mind, bias is out, I don't like either of them, lol
Old 11-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Faith and Grace

Why in the world was Matt circling to BJ's right!!!????
Old 11-21-2010, 05:32 AM

I felt really bad that the fight was stopped so soon. But Matt will always be my hero.