Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 AM
Rochambeau
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm not very surprised, but I am disappointed. I think Matt fighting Dennis would make sense now. No shame in Matt losing though.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,650
Default

Rampage knows he lost that fight. The judges gave it to him. IMO

And I wish someone would stick a sock in Rogan's mouth 'til all of the fights are finished...and everyone has gone home.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Machida just got ripped off!

That is ridiculous!!!
Didn't really see Machida land anything in the first 2 rounds. Rampage at least landed some shots that made Machida stagger (and run as always ). Machida easily won round 3. Could have went either way. I personally hate Rampage as a human being, but he's a good fighter. I find Machida's runaway style very boring so I'm happy Rampage got the W.

Keep your head high Matt, we all still love and support you! WAR HUGHES 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I thought Rampage clearly won the first two rounds.

I was concerned when I saw Matt come out with a right-handed boxing stance. BJ caught him with a good one. I like both fighters but was hoping Matt would win it. BJ has never sent me a Christmas present.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:00 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I thought Rampage clearly won the first two rounds.

I was concerned when I saw Matt come out with a right-handed boxing stance. BJ caught him with a good one. I like both fighters but was hoping Matt would win it. BJ has never sent me a Christmas present.
In a close fight the guy stupid enough to come forward 99.5% of the time will get the round.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:02 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
Default

Sad . . . disappointed . . . but still a Matt Hughes fan.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:06 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Didn't really see Machida land anything in the first 2 rounds. Rampage at least landed some shots that made Machida stagger (and run as always ). Machida easily won round 3. Could have went either way. I personally hate Rampage as a human being, but he's a good fighter. I find Machida's runaway style very boring so I'm happy Rampage got the W.

Keep your head high Matt, we all still love and support you! WAR HUGHES 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I thought Rampage clearly won the first two rounds.

I was concerned when I saw Matt come out with a right-handed boxing stance. BJ caught him with a good one. I like both fighters but was hoping Matt would win it. BJ has never sent me a Christmas present.
Did either of you see Rampage slide his butt to the ground after the fight was over? Even he thought he had lost! You could have bowled him over with a feather when they announced him as the winner he was THAT surprised!

Machida going back to avoid being hit is part of the way he fights, but he goes forward too to land punches and kicks as we saw.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:15 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Did either of you see Rampage slide his butt to the ground after the fight was over? Even he thought he had lost! You could have bowled him over with a feather when they announced him as the winner he was THAT surprised!

Machida going back to avoid being hit is part of the way he fights, but he goes forward too to land punches and kicks as we saw.
Didn't see it. I just know Rampage landed shots in the first 2 rounds while Machida didn't land anything. All I saw Machida do in the first 2 rounds was get hit, run backwards, and go for clinches where all he did was hold Rampage's arms.

Round 3 wasn't quite big enough to be 8-10, so I had it 29-28 for Rampage as did 2 of the other judges. Keep in mind, bias is out, I don't like either of them, lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Faith and Grace
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why in the world was Matt circling to BJ's right!!!????
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:32 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

I felt really bad that the fight was stopped so soon. But Matt will always be my hero.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.