Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Michael Vick

Deshawn Jackson of the Eagles said they were "like pit-bulls, ready to get out of the cage" after last night's trouncing of the Redskins...

Apparently, he forgot that Michael Vick was his quarterback...

Certainly, he is as controversial as Brett Favre, yet unlike the Vikings leader who, at this point, is playing for the Cal Ripken award rather than the Lombardi Trophy, this season Michael Vick is looking like a potential MVP candidate.

So, what does everybody think of Vick's return to the spotlight this season?

Are you happy to see that he turned his life around and is doing well again?

or

Should the Eagles ignore his 6 touchdowns on Monday night, start Kevin Kolb, and ship Vick off to PETA headquarters never to be seen again?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Deshawn Jackson of the Eagles said they were "like pit-bulls, ready to get out of the cage" after last night's trouncing of the Redskins...

Apparently, he forgot that Michael Vick was his quarterback...

Certainly, he is as controversial as Brett Favre, yet unlike the Vikings leader who, at this point, is playing for the Cal Ripken award rather than the Lombardi Trophy, this season Michael Vick is looking like a potential MVP candidate.

So, what does everybody think of Vick's return to the spotlight this season?

Are you happy to see that he turned his life around and is doing well again?

or

Should the Eagles ignore his 6 touchdowns on Monday night, start Kevin Kolb, and ship Vick off to PETA headquarters never to be seen again?
Is this a rhetorical question?

If not, why mess with a good thing. Don't go mess'n with the mojo!

He is very fast! The man can move it..move it..move it. Sure wish Brett could move like that--could have saved himself from some of those hard hits he's taken with that tissue offensive line.

I'm glad he's doing so well; they should continue to let him start/play.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:56 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I can't imagine what will happen if he gets a 50 million dollar contract during free agency or wins a Super Bowl...

There will be activists everywhere.
Personally, I can't get enough of Vick's alter-ego, Ron Mexico...

If the Eagles wanna keep Kolb, we'll take Vick down here in the desert.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Is this a rhetorical question?

If not, why mess with a good thing. Don't go mess'n with the mojo!

He is very fast! The man can move it..move it..move it. Sure wish Brett could move like that--could have saved himself from some of those hard hits he's taken with that tissue offensive line.

I'm glad he's doing so well; they should continue to let him start/play.
He's always been a great runner but he's worked very hard to get back to the top and he has turned himself into one hell of a qb...His feet are still a very deadly weapon, but his arm maybe even more dangerous, first play of the game, that pass to Jackson was sick...the Maclin TD was awesome also...He's throwing deep deep passes right on the money...I hated him after everything happened, but he served his time and seems to have changed for the better, and he has put in a lot of effort to be a great person and player, so I am happy for him and damn he is fun to watch
Old 11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
County Mike

He served his time.

Eagle fans booed him when he first came to Philly. Now they love him. It's all about getting the wins. As long as he keeps winning, Eagles fans will forget about his crime.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
He's always been a great runner but he's worked very hard to get back to the top and he has turned himself into one hell of a qb...His feet are still a very deadly weapon, but his arm maybe even more dangerous, first play of the game, that pass to Jackson was sick...the Maclin TD was awesome also...He's throwing deep deep passes right on the money...I hated him after everything happened, but he served his time and seems to have changed for the better, and he has put in a lot of effort to be a great person and player, so I am happy for him and damn he is fun to watch
I agree 100%

I am a loving,caring and Proud owner of 4 Pitbulls and I hated Vick for what he did but Like you said he did hes time and has made an effort to becoming a better person so Im happy for him.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
You did realize that's what I was saying too in my post didn't ya--that they should stick with what's working...meaning Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
He served his time.

Eagle fans booed him when he first came to Philly. Now they love him. It's all about getting the wins. As long as he keeps winning, Eagles fans will forget about his crime.
Looks like he's really turned things around. As to the fans, keep 'em happy...

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-17-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree 100%

I am a loving,caring and Proud owner of 4 Pitbulls and I hated Vick for what he did but Like you said he did hes time and has made an effort to becoming a better person so Im happy for him.
I have to admit, they scare me, but I hate to see any animal mistreated.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
billwilliams70

He certainly VICKtimized the Redskins, that's for sure!

Later.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

He did the time for his crime. People just need to stop bitching or go be a judge themselves if they want to punish criminals.