Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Yes you do.


~Amy
probably just as well
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
where's Nate when you need him, Ben?
My guess is that Nate doesn't care. He & Dave have had this argument a million times before, & it always ends the same way: Dave completely holds that the US would have been useless with the allies & fails to accept that the US could have easily spread troops to cover each task that our allies were given. Nate gets tired of having the facts he presents being ignored, so he leaves.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
My guess is that Nate doesn't care. He & Dave have had this argument a million times before, & it always ends the same way: Dave completely holds that the US would have been useless with the allies & fails to accept that the US could have easily spread troops to cover each task that our allies were given. Nate gets tired of having the facts he presents being ignored, so he leaves.
get him Ben
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
My guess is that Nate doesn't care. He & Dave have had this argument a million times before, & it always ends the same way: Dave completely holds that the US would have been useless with the allies & fails to accept that the US could have easily spread troops to cover each task that our allies were given. Nate gets tired of having the facts he presents being ignored, so he leaves.


Well...now that we can aggree on something...perhaps you can cease your nonsence...Having done Strategic Studies during the time of the invasion...I know afew things...like I said...the major issue wouldnt have been troop number...it would be getting the troops to the warzone...with no where to refuel and reload.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
probably just as well

Yeah, boring people annoy me.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:17 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn


Well...now that we can aggree on something...perhaps you can cease your nonsence...Having done Strategic Studies during the time of the invasion...I know afew things...like I said...the major issue wouldnt have been troop number...it would be getting the troops to the warzone...with no where to refuel and reload.
And so how is it that the US would not have been able to stretch the supply lines that far but the UK & Australia were magically able to deploy troops wherever they wanted?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dave, those can't be your letters, it appears that all of the words were spelled correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
...and heres why the analogy doesnt work.

America jointly set up the United Nations

WAMMA wasnt created by the UFC,
Dave, are you saying that two things have to be exact or that they have to be created in the same way to properly use them in an analogy?

If you are then I disagree.

Can an analogy not refer to just one function or relation of two things?

I would think 'yes'.

That is why you fail to discredit the analogy.

Sometimes it seems like you take any opportunity to turn something totally unrelated in it's original context into something to support your political agenda (which usually feels like it is bashing the US).

note: This is where you usually throw in how you are biased and favor (US) Americans. It reminds me of a saying here in the south. You can get away with saying anthing mean as long as you end it with 'Bless your heart.' (Ex. "You sure got your Momma's ankles, didn't you? Bless your heart." ) It is almost like you think you can insult the US in anyway imaginable as long as you say 'but I love her.'
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Dave, are you saying that two things have to be exact or that they have to be created in the same way to properly use them in an analogy?

If you are then I disagree.

Can an analogy not refer to just one function or relation of two things?
The point is WAMMA and UFC have never had any relationship, they grew completely independantly of each other. The UFC doesnt host, dones perform any function has absolutely nothing to do with WAMMA

The U.S has a lot to do with the UN, it part created her, part manages her, hosts her etc

So the analogy of saying that the whole rest of the world is Hollow is crap...especially when the US IS part of the United Nations...its heavily involved in it, always has been. See...I doubt you've even read his artical in the first place, so you dont know exactly what a propergandar machine that was in the first place.

...I dont go out of my way to insult...but when someone like Ben starts to say that really the United States doesnt need her allies...thats just bloody rude, especially when she does.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
It reminds me of a saying here in the south. You can get away with saying anthing mean as long as you end it with 'Bless your heart.' (Ex. "You sure got your Momma's ankles, didn't you? Bless your heart." ) It is almost like you think you can insult the US in anyway imaginable as long as you say 'but I love her.'
the way dave is acting also reminds me of a saying I have heard before.
"Number 2 will always hate number 1"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.