Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Ummmm...it's a great analogy. The UN likes to pose & posture & talk about have they have power, but the only time their decrees have any umph is when the US enforces them. If the US said "You know what, this is stupid, we're out!", then the UN would take the moral high ground & blow & bluster, but eventually fall apart.

Similary, WAMMA is pointless with the UFC. They can blow & bluster about MMA needing a governing body (which I completely agree with), but without the UFC, it'll all fall apart soon, especiallyif Fedor somehow ends up in the UFC.
...and heres why the analogy doesnt work.

America jointly set up the United Nations to stop other countries acting unilaterally after Nazi Germany. She has abandoned it now because it does the job its meant to do...and it does that even to her!! Thats why she dislikes the UN...because it limits her in the same way that it limits everyone else...which was partly by HER design


WAMMA wasnt created by the UFC, WAMMA wasnt created by the UFC to stop a single insitution gaining a Monopoly, Its developed that completely on its own...

What you guys have to face is that YOU are responsible for the creation of the UN and its working PERFECTLY doing EXACTLY what you in part designed...what its showing is that the US thinks its above the Law...that its perfectly alright for other Nations to be restricted to prevent dragging her into War...but she can do what she likes...and btw...thats Public Opinion...until The US pulls out of the UN...which it wont and cant, because even if you dont, your government understand the above.

You are not above the law...your just lucky that England chose to follow you and Russia and China didnt care much....otherwise you would have had great problems then a foolish French Veto
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Cool. Fight magazine has Mayhem writing some articles for it. They are hilarious. It isn't as good as say Texas Monthly, but for an MMA mag it's my fave.


~Amy


you know he's doing a stint on an MTV show soon called "Bully Beatdown"

He's not everyones cup of tea
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
My second Goal is bloody ambitious if I do say so myself....by the end of this year I want to have my own Artical published in that Magazine

until then I'll keep writing feedback letters
It's really not that ambitious Dave.... you're a very talented writer... not only do I think you can do it.... but if you remember my PM..... I'm already predicting it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
You are not above the law...your just lucky that England chose to follow you and Russia and China didnt care much....otherwise you would have had great problems then a foolish French Veto
I'll be honest: I'm thankful for the support we received in the War, but know this: it was not necessary. The heavy lifting has been down by America & the English/Australians/etc. have been really helpful, but it's not like they swung the war in our favor. It would have been much longer & harder without them, but the end result would have been the same.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
It's really not that ambitious Dave.... you're a very talented writer... not only do I think you can do it.... but if you remember my PM..... I'm already predicting it!!!
We're talking about Hywel Teague here though...he's like the kinda tallent in writing I wish I was...he's exceptionally tallented...its gonna take more then a reasonably good writer to be acceptable to him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn


you know he's doing a stint on an MTV show soon called "Bully Beatdown"

He's not everyones cup of tea

He's funny, he entertains me. Sometimes that is all it takes for me to like someone.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I'll be honest: I'm thankful for the support we received in the War, but know this: it was not necessary. The heavy lifting has been down by America & the English/Australians/etc. have been really helpful, but it's not like they swung the war in our favor. It would have been much longer & harder without them, but the end result would have been the same.
The only reason you could fight two wars at once, was because you had more troops then just YOUR armed forces...and let me tell you...you couldnt do a third front.

Also it depends what war your talking about. In Hellmand...yeah it WAS pretty much down to England, and in Basra...yeah...same story. Your forgetting that your allied helpped you conqure in the first place.

want me to tell you why you couldnt have done it without another member of the security council on your side? Because your country is geographically TOO FAR away from the wars it fights...your munnitions, your aircrafts need storing, moving along, refueling...where the Hell do you suppose that takes place???

You'd have effectively have to do it completely by ship..not sure thats possible with afghanistan...though it would have been possible with Iraq...though whether you would have actually won...who knows...and before you say anything else...understand that what gave you the ability to have allied forces...was the fact that England went along with you...do you think Canada, Austrailia would have jumped to your aid AGAINST our wishes?? They are commonwealth! They are your allies because WE are your allies....and on serious matters...I very much doubt they'd break with the Crown to follow what was largely thought of as an Illegal War by every other soverignty besides England and the United States

This is precisely the embodiment of the United States that makes it EXTREMELY hard work and rather UNrewarding, to be your allies...

Face Facts...NO man is an Island...that include America...if you go beyond your means you will be responsible for the collapse of your Super-power...as we nearly saw didnt we with the greedy sub-prime market, and the foolish bankers...you'll be the death of us all if you dont LISTEN to what other Nations say who have BEEN where you are, for A lot longer then you.

Soooo the analogy is poor...and whats poorer is that its written to a European audience who knows in depth stuff that the U.S public opinion is choosing to ignore.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The only reason you could fight two wars at once, was because you had more troops then just YOUR armed forces...and let me tell you...you couldnt do a third front.

Also it depends what war your talking about. In Hellmand...yeah it WAS pretty much down to England, and in Basra...yeah...same story. Your forgetting that your allied helpped you conqure in the first place.

want me to tell you why you couldnt have done it without another member of the security council on your side? Because your country is geographically TOO FAR away from the wars it fights...your munnitions, your aircrafts need storing, moving along, refueling...where the Hell do you suppose that takes place???

You'd have effectively have to do it completely by ship..not sure thats possible with afghanistan...though it would have been possible with Iraq...though whether you would have actually won...who knows...and before you say anything else...understand that what gave you the ability to have allied forces...was the fact that England went along with you...do you think Canada, Austrailia would have jumped to your aid AGAINST our wishes??

This is precisely the embodiment of the United States that makes it EXTREMELY hard work and rather UNrewarding, to be your allies...

Face Facts...NO man is an Island...that include America...if you go beyond your means you will be responsible for the collapse of your Super-power...as we nearly saw didnt we with the greedy sub-prime market, and the foolish bankers...you'll be the death of us all if you dont LISTEN to what other Nations say who have BEEN where you are, for A lot longer then you.

Soooo the analogy is poor...and whats poorer is that its written to a European audience who knows in depth stuff that the U.S public opinion is choosing to ignore.
where's Nate when you need him, Ben?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
He's funny, he entertains me. Sometimes that is all it takes for me to like someone.


~Amy
Do I entertain you
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Do I entertain you

Yes you do.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.