Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Rochambeau
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm a big Tito fan and people are still interested in him. This is a better fight for him. His last few fights have been really hard fights and he did have a cracked skull. I'm thankful that the UFC have kept him.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-14-2010, 01:33 PM
cubsfan47
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Tito has sold a lot of PPVs for the UFC and he will always be a draw. I watch him fight because I want to see him get beat up.
Me too!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
I'm a big Tito fan and people are still interested in him. This is a better fight for him. His last few fights have been really hard fights and he did have a cracked skull. I'm thankful that the UFC have kept him.
Tito said that he came into that fight with a "cracked skull"... I call nothing but loser whining bs...

All these people wanting to see Tito fight if he wants to... When was the last fight he won??? Ken right??

I would rather see Chuck keep fighting than Tito any day..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-14-2010, 09:14 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Tito said that he came into that fight with a "cracked skull"... I call nothing but loser whining bs...

All these people wanting to see Tito fight if he wants to... When was the last fight he won??? Ken right??

I would rather see Chuck keep fighting than Tito any day..
People want to see Chuck stop fighting because he keeps getting brutally knocked out.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
People want to see Chuck stop fighting because he keeps getting brutally knocked out.
Fair enough...

I want to see Tito stop fighting cause he has the "Baby Jay" sickness... There is always a specific reason...for him to lose.. at least Chuck is honest.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Rochambeau
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

His specific reason for losing to Hamill was that Hamill's better. Tito didn't have excuses to make. He got a little sooky after the fight with Forrest.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Fair enough...

I want to see Tito stop fighting cause he has the "Baby Jay" sickness... There is always a specific reason...for him to lose.. at least Chuck is honest.
Everybody makes excuses, even when they don't intend to, it's human nature. I don't get too upset when fighters talk about injuries. I DO get riled up when FANS talk about them, because a lot of fans take it too far and make the fighters look bad. Fighters are going to answer questions when they are asked in the press or when Rogan sticks a mic in their face immediately after a fight, and if a guy feels like he could have performed better if he hadn't been injured, it's fair game to say that. At the same time, there is a way to be respectful to your opponent when doing so, and nobody has ever accused Tito Ortiz of being the most tactful with his words.

The truth is, Tito should probably stop fighting because he's not the same fighter he once was, but that's his decision to make.

Chuck should stop because he is risking getting seriously hurt, and that's a decision that the commissions will eventually make for him if he doesn't make it himself.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

I understand that.. "head not great in the game"... rough weight cut.. whatever...

But to say "I had a fractured skull"... c'mon....

Does ANYONE actually believe that??
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-15-2010, 02:18 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I understand that.. "head not great in the game"... rough weight cut.. whatever...

But to say "I had a fractured skull"... c'mon....

Does ANYONE actually believe that??
Of course not, and again nobody has ever accused Tito of being tactful or well thought out with all of his comments. I'm sure even he thought that was a bit over the top in retrospect.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-15-2010, 03:35 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
Me too!
Thirded!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.