Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Default TITO STILL WITH UFC...not for long

This is a horrible matchup for Tito.

Quote:
Tito Ortiz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira on tap for March 2011, possibly UFC 128by Steven Marrocco on Nov 12, 2010 at 8:50 am ET
DUSSELDORF, Germany Light heavyweight Tito Ortiz (15-8-1 MMA, 14-8-1 UFC) still has a job in the UFC.

In fact, he's got a big job coming up in March, according to UFC president Dana White.

White today confirmed that "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" meets Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) in March 2011, possibly at UFC 128.

UFC U.K. president Marshall Zelaznik on Thursday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that a potential March event, UFC 128, could take place in the United Arab Emirates, possibly in Abu Dhabi, thought other cities also are under consideration.

"I know there's been talk of March 19 potentially happening," Zelaznik said. "While we're looking at delivering a pay-per-view (event) around that time, nothing's been defined in terms of whether Abu Dhabi gets it or someone else."

White did not specify a date for Ortiz vs. Nogueira.

Following a recent UFC 121 decision loss to Matt Hamill, Ortiz faced an uncertain future in the UFC. The former champ and "The Ultimate Fighter 3" coach is now winless (0-4-1) in his past five fights, and he hasn't posted a win in more than four years (Ken Shamrock in October 2006). However, the fights have come against some of the division's top fighters, including Chuck Liddell, Rashad Evans (draw), Lyoto Machida, Forrest Griffin and Hamill.

Nogueira, the twin brother of former UFC champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, recent suffered a unanimous-decision loss to Ryan Bader in a key UFC 119 bout. Prior to the defeat, the PRIDE vet owned a seven-fight win streak, which included UFC wins over Luiz Cane (which earned a "KO of the Night" bonus) and Jason Brilz ("Fight of the Night").

For the latest on UFC 128, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

[
Old 11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
hughesfan4life

ta ta tito!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Blade

On the contrary, I think this is a very good match-up for Ortiz.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
On the contrary, I think this is a very good match-up for Ortiz.
How so? Tito isn't the wrestler that Bader is. I see this ending by first round TKO.

[
Old 11-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Blade

Jason Brilz took him down easily and stayed out of trouble, so I don't see Ortiz having any problems getting takedowns either, only he'll do far more damage down there and is savvy enough to stay out of subs.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

this should be a good tilt ... tito's last five fights have been against guys with either good wrestling or TDD ... he was able to out wrestle rashad a bit in that fight and nog doesn't do well against wrestlers ... gonna be a good fight
Old 11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I say sack him
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 PM

Can't believe he still has a job in the UFC. Piss poor if you ask me.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 PM

Tito has sold a lot of PPVs for the UFC and he will always be a draw. I watch him fight because I want to see him get beat up.

[
Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I've never been a huge fan of Tito or anything, but I don't understand why people want his head on a stick so bad...

The guy is an icon in the sport, weather we like him or not. If Tito wants to continue to fight he has every right to do so, and I would rather see it in the UFC than anywhere else.

Before anybody says "he's taking a roster spot from somebody who deserves it"...No, he's not. The UFC roster is a not a team that needs a specific number of people. It's a collection of guys that can be as large or small as the UFC sees fit and even though the guy isn't half the fighter he was 10 years ago, he is still a big name in the UFC and without a doubt he is a Hall-of-Famer.

Every time the man gets a paycheck, people get all pissed off. It's silly IMO.