Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 PM

Default Dave Niehaus 1935-2010

Dave Niehaus passed away yesterday. I never met him yet it felt like I lost a friend. I think he was one of the greatest baseball announcers of all time. I listened to many, many games on the radio when they weren't televised; he was so good I hardly regretted not being able to see them.

He will be sorely missed by everyone here in the Pacific Northwest. Rest in peace, Dave, thanks for the great memories.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...operstown.html
Old 11-11-2010, 10:58 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

That sucks...Play by Play guys can really feel like one of the family after years of listening to them.

I actually prefer to listen to many games on the radio just for the announcers. Here in Phoenix it's Al McCoy for the Suns and Ron Wolfley for the Cardinals. Both guys have been around for years, but Al McCoy will end up being in the broadcasters Hall of Fame when its all said and done.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Chuck

FLY FLY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swung on ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BELTED!!!!!!!

Break out the rye bread and mustard Granny it's a Graaaaand Salami!!!!!!!!!!

I've had Dave things all over my Facebook since yesterday. His passing sincerely hurt me to the point of almost crying. I spent 30+ years listening to him announce M's games. For years and YEARS he was the ONLY thing good about the Seattle Mariners.

I was at the Kingdome when Randy pitched his no hitter, I was at the Kingdome when we beat the Angels in a tie breaker to advance in the playoffs... I jumped the railing and ran on to the field with thousands of other fans to celebrate and I would STILL rather listen to him call a game then any of those memories.

Baseball in Seattle will never be the same.............