Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
So you are saying he just chose not to finish Kos, Fitch, Alves and Hardy. I dont think GSP is capable of finishing any top 5 WW. I dont think he will finish Kos, Shields or even Condit , if they ever end up fighting. Face it, Glass George is scared to get hit and because of that he plays it safe from the opening bell and never tries to finish.
Hi Max!!! welcome back

...I thought you liked GSP Glass George
Old 11-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
So you are saying he just chose not to finish Kos, Fitch, Alves and Hardy. I dont think GSP is capable of finishing any top 5 WW. I dont think he will finish Kos, Shields or even Condit , if they ever end up fighting. Face it, Glass George is scared to get hit and because of that he plays it safe from the opening bell and never tries to finish.
Don't get me wrong, that's a list of tough guys to finish, so yeah I'm not saying I expected him to finish every single one of them. My thing is that I watched his fight with Hardy, and he barely did anythign at all. I just don't get it. We've seen the guy TKO Serra with knees to the body and really punished him, we've seen him punish BJ (BJ's chin is just incredible, hence why I didnt expect him to win by anything other than a decision against BJ) but in the Hardy fight, he barely did ****e. He didn't really ground and pound, he just sat there, tried to improve position, and on a few occasions went for a sub. That kimura was his only real attempt at finishing the fight it seemed like.

I think an aggressive GSP is a dangerous one. I think if he chose to go out guns blazing he could seriously end fights. He's just been playing it safe lately. Then again I could be wrong.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Hi Max!!! welcome back

...I thought you liked GSP Glass George
thanks, I think GSP is an amazing fighter but he plays it safe. it a play on the punch-out character glass joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdEAwFH4I34
Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

i don't think frankie or gsp should be on this list .. i think stopping fights is way overrated anyway ... if i am a fighter, i'd rather win every round convincingly like gsp against fitch, alves whoever than to lose a few rounds and pull off a stoppage like anderson did in his last fight ... yes it takes heart to win a fight like that, but you still were losing the entire fight ... right now GSP is the most dominant fighter/champ in the UFC ... because he is not finishing fighters in inconsequential ... he is still beating their asses ...
Old 11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i don't think frankie or gsp should be on this list .. i think stopping fights is way overrated anyway ... if i am a fighter, i'd rather win every round convincingly like gsp against fitch, alves whoever than to lose a few rounds and pull off a stoppage like anderson did in his last fight ... yes it takes heart to win a fight like that, but you still were losing the entire fight ... right now GSP is the most dominant fighter/champ in the UFC ... because he is not finishing fighters in inconsequential ... he is still beating their asses ...
THIS.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Completely agree.. But as much as I am not a fan of Andy.. He is stopping them... He is 13-0 in his last fights...His last lost was in like 05 or 06???? He has had 2 decisions in the UFC...

GSP is 20-2 total with his last loss in 07 to Matt Serra (snicker).... and 7 Decisions in the UFC

Andy Silva> GSP
Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

i am actually a fan of anderson .. so it really doesn't matter to me ... and they are really close when you look at it ... yes, he finishes all of his fights pretty much .. i just think the whole thing of gsp not finishing his fights is stupid .. pick his last 10 fights, his last 6 fights whatever, he has finished guys .. to say he needs a finish more than gray is ridiclulous ... it's like saying manny pacquiao needs a finish in his next fight because he hasn't finished the last two guys .. LOL