Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I seriously don't know why they are so ashamed of being Germans? Yes Hitler went to the extremes and caused a lot of Innocent deaths. The evil that came out of him and hes goons is horrible and way unacceptable. The fact is he was there for Germany when they needed him the most and he offered change and a better life for the German people. Yeah he took advantage of them but they shouldn't be ashamed or of who they are.
The real problem for Germany is the constant reminders. Imagine if the US had a land boarder with Vietnam. Even many decades after the conflict, these Countries would not work well together. The US, like no other country besides maybe Russia or China, can basically hide away.

Germany is stuck in Europe, land locked by the countries that, in thirty years she was alone responsible for bringing to ruin. She changed the landscape of the Earth, she Killed old Europe, and she is responsible for the fact that America, rather then Europe control, or have a large say, in the affaires of the whole planet.

At least the British and French have a small channel of ocean between them. Poland, the Check Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France...they all still boarder her. Every Year they stop to remember the results of Germanys Patriotic Nationalism....and here is the frightening thing....Some people cant see that outside of Adolf Himself...these Seniors honnestly believed they were doing the world a favour!

With the whole world under The Reich, there would be no outsiders, no war, no poverty, one large family, one Utopia. That dream is not as malicious as it sounds. Loads of German Troops died litterally just being Patriotic for their Nation...The Evil that Hitler inspired...is dangerous. You only need a beloved leader to inspire national confidence in hard times, and the results are completely dependant on his outlook on life.

We have a dream also, to spread democrasy, to bring Freedom...these are benefits to us, and they might one day be benefits to the nations we bring them to...but they are not the ways that some nations work, and they, if taken up, result in the destruction of one culture to bring them about. The lines are not black and white...it is why a lot of European are fearful of America, and her citizens. They see the patriotic ferver, and they get quite scared...because they have seen what that can do if you get the wrong type of ruller.

The U.S isnt dangerous in that manner because of built in safety mechanisms within its own culture...and because it has the power to do what it wants anyway...so it doesnt need to conqure to remove threats...there is no threat, so there is no need to impose. Its not landlocked so it has no history of wanting to claim land, or fighting against another State...at least not in the way Europe does.

Now should this be channelled towards MMA....of course not...but here is another thing. The reinvestment and rebuilding of Europe has left Germany EXTREMELY well off within Europe financially...that doesnt go well with some of Europe who are plunging to the sort of depths you saw in Germany before the rise of Hitler. These are hard times for certain parts of Europe...when you have two sworne Enemies like France and England sharing a warship...you know things are getting rather...to close for comfort.

England is SO on the verge of revolt. The Parliament Expenses Scandle, The Dictatorial and hated leaders of Labour, the poor money management that has left us the worst in Europe, playing the poodle to America with Europe and the United Nations for five years...and now the funding cuts...do you know they had trippled the amount of tution fees for university students...and angry protest hit westminster yesterday...the Conservative HeadQuarters, was mobbed, broken into by rampage students, and under seige for most of the afternoon.

Things are scary bad...and they set to go worse as these spending cuts begin.

Tensions in Europe are running high...Greece collapsed big style, France has riots, now Students riot in London...whatever next?

From the German Perspective, they should keep their heads down and keep stum...because these are ripples from those conflicts that they were responsible for...we know it, and they know that we know it.

Our Nations are so old, they are like people, they have pasts with other people, they harbour grudges, they play tit for tat. America is largely removed from this because Mexico is like deaf and dumb...and Canada just doesnt play that game...like Australia...they flourish alone.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Our Nations are so old, they are like people, they have pasts with other people, they harbour grudges, they play tit for tat. America is largely removed from this because Mexico is like deaf and dumb...and Canada just doesnt play that game...like Australia...they flourish alone.

There are HUGE differences between Australia and America... Not really right to compare the States to "the island"
Old 11-12-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
The U.S isnt dangerous in that manner because of built in safety mechanisms within its own culture...and because it has the power to do what it wants anyway...so it doesnt need to conqure to remove threats...there is no threat, so there is no need to impose. Its not landlocked so it has no history of wanting to claim land, or fighting against another State...at least not in the way Europe does.

There are MANY Mexicans that would disagree with your comment..Wanting to claim land? Talk to the native Americans.... Fighting against another state?? ever hear of the Civil War?? Ever been to Texas???

You need to read.. or at least experience some more of the US before making comments like that...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
The real problem for Germany is the constant reminders. Imagine if the US had a land boarder with Vietnam. Even many decades after the conflict, these Countries would not work well together. The US, like no other country besides maybe Russia or China, can basically hide away.

Germany is stuck in Europe, land locked by the countries that, in thirty years she was alone responsible for bringing to ruin. She changed the landscape of the Earth, she Killed old Europe, and she is responsible for the fact that America, rather then Europe control, or have a large say, in the affaires of the whole planet.

At least the British and French have a small channel of ocean between them. Poland, the Check Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France...they all still boarder her. Every Year they stop to remember the results of Germanys Patriotic Nationalism....and here is the frightening thing....Some people cant see that outside of Adolf Himself...these Seniors honnestly believed they were doing the world a favour!

With the whole world under The Reich, there would be no outsiders, no war, no poverty, one large family, one Utopia. That dream is not as malicious as it sounds. Loads of German Troops died litterally just being Patriotic for their Nation...The Evil that Hitler inspired...is dangerous. You only need a beloved leader to inspire national confidence in hard times, and the results are completely dependant on his outlook on life.

We have a dream also, to spread democrasy, to bring Freedom...these are benefits to us, and they might one day be benefits to the nations we bring them to...but they are not the ways that some nations work, and they, if taken up, result in the destruction of one culture to bring them about. The lines are not black and white...it is why a lot of European are fearful of America, and her citizens. They see the patriotic ferver, and they get quite scared...because they have seen what that can do if you get the wrong type of ruller.

Now should this be channelled towards MMA....of course not...but here is another thing. The reinvestment and rebuilding of Europe has left Germany EXTREMELY well off within Europe financially...that doesnt go well with some of Europe who are plunging to the sort of depths you saw in Germany before the rise of Hitler. These are hard times for certain parts of Europe...when you have two sworne Enemies like France and England sharing a warship...you know things are getting rather...to close for comfort.

England is SO on the verge of revolt. The Parliament Expenses Scandle, The Dictatorial and hated leaders of Labour, the poor money management that has left us the worst in Europe, playing the poodle to America with Europe and the United Nations for five years...and now the funding cuts...do you know they had trippled the amount of tution fees for university students...and angry protest hit westminster yesterday...the Conservative HeadQuarters, was mobbed, broken into by rampage students, and under seige for most of the afternoon.

Things are scary bad...and they set to go worse as these spending cuts begin.

Tensions in Europe are running high...Greece collapsed big style, France has riots, now Students riot in London...whatever next?

From the German Perspective, they should keep their heads down and keep stum...because these are ripples from those conflicts that they were responsible for...we know it, and they know that we know it.

I agree with mostly everything your saying but I don't think us Americans or any other nation has or will ever be as loyal and patriotic as the German People where to Hitler/Germany. That type of Patriotic still marvels me and is one of the reasons why I am such a WW2 fanatic. Dont get me wrong there killings of millions of people is one of the biggest if not the biggest tragedy's that have ever taken place on this planet. Its just fascinating for me, the SS and every thing that had to do with the Third Rich. Hitlers masterminds and all the plots against him, the tactics! I know I'm a little Crazy
Old 11-12-2010, 08:00 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Dudes....this is supposed to be a UFC prediction thread...

This just furthers the reasons why I hate predictions...

number one...I'm right a lot of the time, but when I'm wrong I feel like I am ALWAYS wrong, and as if life is some sort of cruel joke set up to intentionally laugh at ME, and ONLY me...

number two...because we all watch a sport that is rather unpredictable and when you go out on a limb and end up being wrong, you look like a fool.

NOW, I have to add a number three....

because it ultimately breaks down into a debate over Hitler....

WTF?

Isn't there some stupid internet law where if you mention Hitler you basically LOSE in the discussion. Also that ultimately all discussions on the internet, if they go on too long, will end up referring to Hitler at some point......

Talk about the fights. Nobody cares about the fact 122 is Germany, and honestly, it's in Germany for a reason...and that reason is Manny Pacquiao.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
There are HUGE differences between Australia and America... Not really right to compare the States to "the island"
I was comparing Canada to Australia I was saying, the way she acts towards the US...You might aswell consider a sea boarder on your North...because she acts like your not there
Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
There are MANY Mexicans that would disagree with your comment..Wanting to claim land? Talk to the native Americans.... Fighting against another state?? ever hear of the Civil War?? Ever been to Texas???

You need to read.. or at least experience some more of the US before making comments like that...
Clearing a Native Population is NOT the same as living next to another Civilization...Civil Wars do not count...you think your the only one who had one of those most countries in their history have MULTIPLE civil wars.

This is about America being isolationistic due as much to geography as to want. Canada never threatens, she acts like you are not there. Mexico uses your southern states as a depository because you guys dont have the experience to realize why a proper land based boarder is SO important. Because it has been thus allowed to grow without the threat and the actualization of such a threat. It does not understand much but theory about things concerning Fascism, Terrorism, and warfare/protection from neighbouring states.

In the History of England, we have been attacked hundreds of times by Terrorist, they would detonate car bombs in our major cities in recent times (within my life time) The first time a major attack is successful against a nation with little to no experience in dealing with such a thing, there is a world wide revolution. The same is true for America in the past. How many fleets over the world have sailed against each other, battled it out, to lie at the bottom of the ocean? countless...But the Bombing of Pearl Harbour, is a date that everyone shall remember, because again, it was the first time America experienced the sort of thing the rest of the world had been experiencing for hundreds of years.

Now...America doesnt need to live with a land boarder next to Japan does it? If you lived land locked with Afghanistan, or Iraq, or Japan, or Korea, Or Vietnam...you might understand WHY Germany tries to steer clear of anything patriotic, or violent. Because I promise you, if you DID have a boarder with Afghanistan, or Vietnam...or whatever, and several times you have been to war with them, and several times you had squashed them...THEY would not want to give you the excuse to do it again. They would steer clear of what got them into trouble in the first place.

There is benefits and negatives for both. Sometimes being landlocked is an advantage, sometimes its not, sometimes being issolationistic due to geography is an advantage, and sometimes its not. but they ARE different...and if you stop argueing with me, you might learn WHY Germany acts like it does, which is what I was trying to explain to someone on here.

You dont have to like it, or aggree with their position...but their history is very different from yours, the things they have encountered are not the same as what you have. You have to understand the power discourses that rage through Europe still to follow...and thats a concept alien to American thinking for the reasons I've stated above.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree with mostly everything your saying but I don't think us Americans or any other nation has or will ever be as loyal and patriotic as the German People where to Hitler/Germany. That type of Patriotic still marvels me and is one of the reasons why I am such a WW2 fanatic. Dont get me wrong there killings of millions of people is one of the biggest if not the biggest tragedy's that have ever taken place on this planet. Its just fascinating for me, the SS and every thing that had to do with the Third Rich. Hitlers masterminds and all the plots against him, the tactics! I know I'm a little Crazy
Adolf Hitler had the protection of Evil for a while. There were SO many plans to try and kill him, that it beggers belief that one didnt work. There was the fanatic at the pop concert (or something like that) Hitler, for unknown reasons as a strict J...suddenly left...the detonation occured to late. Or the bomb in the plane, that failed to detonate at the right altitude...or best still, the German Armys attempt at a Coup, where in the bomb went off, Hitler was in the room, and STILL didnt manage to get badly hurt.

But sooner or late Evil will smite its own. The fall of Berlin couldnt save him.

The good thing about Americans is that they arent afraid to speak...which means they are going to be hard to silence for any political leader, if he steps out of line...look at Obama...even half those who loved him to begin with, are not afraid to say he's crap now.

The second thing you have to get it a leader who comes along during hard times...I do mean VERY hard times, not hard because of your own making...but because you are persecuted by your neighbouring states for loosing a war...you arent allowed to do this, your thirteen states get taken away and given to Britian via treaty...THAT sort of hardship doesnt happen very much now.

Finally...Americas size poses a problem to uniformity. How do you keep the inhabitants of a nation THAT large...and not just large (China is large and manages it) but horribly spread out? the man power to maintain order...and to stop or crush a rebellion would be SO large as to simply not work...plus...where does America go IF she wanted to?? Canada?? Mexico?? its not like she can advance far without hitting ocean. Which can be a nightmare for Imperialism.

Plus...her people are culturally confident...but not Fanatical. They dont want to create a Utopia outside of their boarders...they dont want the hassle of having to answer to any other organisation. They are purely introspective...the thought of enforcing anything on anyone else would violate their own sense of Patriotism...which allows, maybe too much, for different interpretations and the likes. Thats like a built in safety device...all these things combined mean it would be nigh on impossible for the U.S to ever act fascistically (except maybe in a genocidal way to its own population, or maybe mexico (some would say...not a big loss ) Never towards Canada, I just cant see that happening.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
They have been quite patriotic enough, they are now terrified of Nationalism...in the same way the only country to use weapons of mass destruction on another country during warfare is now terrified that some country will do it to them.
No more "terrified" than any other country... It's not so much that we worry about a contry that wants nuclear wepons.. it's more about the country that wants just one. [think about it]

Quote:
"a lot of talk to show off the pseudo-intellect"

/Spiritwalker - *sigh.. faceplams and walks away...

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 11-12-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
number two...because we all watch a sport that is rather unpredictable and when you go out on a limb and end up being wrong, you look like a fool.

I don't think I look like a "fool" for making a prediction that doens't turn out.. look at TV New weathermen... now THEY look foolish...

I think most of us are rooting for our favorite fighters more than predicting.

I try to not "just pull for my fave".. I picked Brock to win the last UFC.. cause while I am not his biggest fan, it seemed to me like he would be able to take Cain down and start feeding him "ham hands".. I just didn't see him not being able to take a punch to the face...

I will always say Randy will win.. no matter the odds... He is 60years old and wants to fight.. a 25 year old Jon Jones.. who is 30-0....??? Randy has it..no doubt

The same goes for Chuck and Matt...Clay and a few others.. They want to fight a great with shark.. with no gear and the plastic sword that the cherries are stuck on in cheap drinks??? That shark is toast!!!

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 11-12-2010 at 01:01 PM.