Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Steve Nash is not retiring, yet...

This story really makes me angry...

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-...dian-politics/

I was at my dad's house watching the football game and hanging a new door for them when my dad says, "you know Nash is leaving the Suns on the 15th to retire and get into politics in Canada"...

I immediately laughed and told him he was nuts, but then I noticed a copy of the Phoenix New Times sitting on the table with Steve Nash on the cover and the word "Gone" in big letters. He told me my little brother had brought the magazine home yesterday and was crying about Nash leaving the team. The New Times is a pretty popular magazine in Phoenix and it is freely distributed throughout the valley for free at local gas stations and on street corners. Most people read it for info on local events like concerts and comedy acts, but it also does stories on all things Phoenix and even some investigative journalism.

I was confused, because there was no way that information could have just slipped past me in the daily sports news. It's just not possible. I would have heard about this, and yet here I am finding out from my dad. It was weird. However, the story is actually nothing more than an elaborate hoax. I don't know why they did it, or why more people haven't picked up on this, but it's really annoying to think they would do this. They are also not backing away from their claims either...http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...ime_minist.php

CBS here in Phoenix have spoken with the Suns and they said the story was indeed a hoax and Nash is staying put. http://www.kpho.com/sports/25628250/detail.html
Old 11-08-2010, 03:03 AM
logrus

I like Nash, was the story about him ripping the team and their chances this year a hoax?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I like Nash, was the story about him ripping the team and their chances this year a hoax?
No, he really did say that they needed time to get where they needed to be and regain the chemistry they had with last years team. The Suns are 3-3 right now, and we have seen some good things and some not so good things here at the start of the season. I think they can still make the playoffs, and I wouldn't rule out some sort of move before the trade deadline if things get out of hand by the end of January.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:57 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
No, he really did say that they needed time to get where they needed to be and regain the chemistry they had with last years team. The Suns are 3-3 right now, and we have seen some good things and some not so good things here at the start of the season. I think they can still make the playoffs, and I wouldn't rule out some sort of move before the trade deadline if things get out of hand by the end of January.
Good thing for them its a long season. Besides dont give up hope, the bulls cant even make 500 and are in the playoffs.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I'm actually very optimistic about our chances this year. Yeah, we lost Amar'e and that really sucks, but Nash, Hill, and Richardson can still make up for a lot of those lost points and our bench is still very solid with Dragic, Dudley, and Frye.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 AM

Is this what had you so upset today?

So, it's not just football that has turned upside down this season from last year? What's happening.... How can things change so drastically, in literally a matter of months, for teams that were riding so high last season.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Is this what had you so upset today?

So, it's not just football that has turned upside down this season from last year? What's happening.... How can things change so drastically, in literally a matter of months, for teams that were riding so high last season.
Yeah, this really had me burning.

It really does suck, but that's how it goes. The Cardinals I can understand, because we knew going in that the Kurt Warner era would be short lived. He was aging when he came here, and we knew he wouldn't string us along when it came to his retirement. He also had been injured and playing as a backup for the Giants, and had basically been written off by the media as being a shell of the player he was in his hey-day when he won the Super Bowl with the Rams ten years ago. When he came back in Arizona and showed everybody he could still be the consistent Hall of Fame level QB that he always was, it was like we found a hidden gem that we had been holding the whole time. Nobody thought the Cards would end up in the Super Bowl, and anybody who bet that we would probably made a lot of money in Vegas.

With the Suns, it's a little different, because we have been so close to doing it for a long time and we could never get over the hump of the Spurs or the Lakers in the playoffs. The Suns with Nash and Amar'e have been the highest scoring team or in the top 3 in the NBA for 8 seasons. We have felt like this era would finally see a championship come to the Suns, but now with Amar'e gone and Nash in his twilight, the chances seem less likely.

There have been some rumors that the Suns may consider dealing Nash to New York, but I'm not sure I believe it. However, if it did happen, I honestly can say that I wouldn't mind seeing a reunion of Nash, Amar'e and the Suns former coach Mike D'Antoni. I can't say I will ever be happy to see Nash go, but if he was able to get a ring because of it then I would still be happy for him, I just don't think it's gonna happen.