Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglorius View Post
Why do I love and believe in Jesus? Free will to me is a simple answer that only defines the how, but not the why.
One Chooses to Love, doesnt one? How can love truely be, if its preordained?? because the whole point is that Love is not done out of duty, and its not done as a response, and its not done based on a feeling.

Its done out of sheer choice....and then strengthened by the Beloveds Response.

I CHOOSE to love GOD, Simply because of who he is. I dont need any reason other then that...if I was forced to love him because he tricked me into it...then he has gained nothing from this relationship...its a pointless piece of narcassim for him.

Whats special about our relationship is that its not solely based on Him...but he has actually laid aside some of his majesty in order that when I choose to love him, it is not because of anything other then my sheer want to please him.

He doesnt need Robots...he has the Host that will do his bidding. No...as he says in the echos of the Old Testament "I shall be their GOD, and they shall be my people" That is what he wants...he wants to be loved by Humans, because they decide and recognise him for who he is...NOT out of duty, or out of force.

If that were the case...then Earth is pointless...its a dumb waste of time. He may aswell just engineer his robotic Humans right in heaven and never bother making bogus products destined for Hell.

He's way to clever to waste time. What he wants is a true relationship with another, someone who can in a sence be almost free of him, but under their own will, would give up all they are, all the delights of sin, all the possibilites of the world...for just a second in his divine presence.

If ONE person were to do that...then his mission would have been a success. It such a beautiful thing...No and sometimes he does just like beauty for the sake of sheer beauty...thats why he creates things that look beautiful but dont need to be.

Why do the Leaves turn orange and red in autumn when they die and look so wonderful...? for NO other purpose, then he is pleased by the array of colours...same with the magnificent Nebula, to far for Humans to even visit...who would think that he would deliberately make a gas cloud look so...awesome? it doesnt need to be purple, green, white...it serves NO purpose other then his delight.

That is quite enough for him, and incidently, quite enough for me too
Old 11-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Maglorius

That still is not answering the question. How does a human being go from being a enemy of God and hating God (That is who all humans are or were)to loving him. Ephesians 2 says we were dead in our transgressions(When a human being is still in this state they have no comprehension that God loves them) and it was Jesus who made us alive again. Now this is referring to our spirit. It was dead to God. Just as Lazarus was dead in the tomb, our spirits were dead to God. How can one with a dead spirit choose to love God, unless God first does something in us as Ephesians says and makes our spirit alive to be able to love him. So to disagree with you, our love would be a response to God first loving us. This should really spark a fire in all us Christians to really pray for our non believing friends and ask God to do for them, exactly what ephesians 2 says he has done in us.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglorius View Post
That still is not answering the question. How does a human being go from being a enemy of God and hating God (That is who all humans are or were)to loving him. Ephesians 2 says we were dead in our transgressions(When a human being is still in this state they have no comprehension that God loves them) and it was Jesus who made us alive again. Now this is referring to our spirit. It was dead to God. Just as Lazarus was dead in the tomb, our spirits were dead to God. How can one with a dead spirit choose to love God, unless God first does something in us as Ephesians says and makes our spirit alive to be able to love him. So to disagree with you, our love would be a response to God first loving us. This should really spark a fire in all us Christians to really pray for our non believing friends and ask God to do for them, exactly what ephesians 2 says he has done in us.
You have answered your own question.

Tell me...if you are so in sin that you do not comprehend GOD...can you actively hate him? You do not hate non sin, you just like sin because it suits you.

We can choose, because he allows us free will to choose...but we DO have to be somewhat enlightened in order to comprehend GOD I suppose. We all have this possibility because Adam and Eve were not CREATED fallen. They simply became rotten. A rotten apple, still has seeds of the apple tree inside it...no?

As a fruit, it cant be eaten...but can it not go on to produce more apples that can?

Now how do we become enlightened. GOD tells us...by seeking him with everything we have. I have to trust that EVERYONE has been given the opportunity to seek. If they choose not to seek, they will never I suppose become enlightened enough to know of GOD and persue him.

But that isnt ellective. The fault is with the Human for not seeking...not GOD for making it impossible for him to become enlightened. (Enlightened is a bad word to use...but for this purpose, you understand what I mean)