Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Rochambeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
And of course thanks to the greatest that is America you have the right to that opinion. Today's generation is much more "fake" than in my day. We worked a lot more stiff and would often end up in a shoot match before long and almost kill each other. People who typically call it fake have never done it or has tried but never made it past any real training. Dan Severn and Ken have said many times MMA is easier in the long run on their bodies than wrestling.
I'm of the opinion that it'd be harder to be a professional wrestler than a mma fighter. There are guys in Japan that still like to whack each other as there are guys that don't connect with strikes at all. Wrestlers will say it's fake. It doesn't mean it isn't hard work or that it's soft ~ it's worked.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
I'm of the opinion that it'd be harder to be a professional wrestler than a mma fighter. There are guys in Japan that still like to whack each other as there are guys that don't connect with strikes at all. Wrestlers will say it's fake. It doesn't mean it isn't hard work or that it's soft ~ it's worked.
true but you got to remeber I am old school and we never considerd it fake and would clean someone clock for saying it. Leon White (Van Vader) did this once and was arrested out in I think Abu Dhabi. I wrestled Vader once and he certainly does no fake those clubs But I understand what you are saying I misunderstood you before.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Rochambeau

Vader threw. I'm not going to stand in front of Vader and tell him that he don't bang.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

IT'S VADER TIME!!!

Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
IT'S VADER TIME!!!

You need to have posted the image of him with that elephant gas mask he used to wear lol.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
It's Joe Rogan.

Later.
wouldn't that be nice.....
Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
You need to have posted the image of him with that elephant gas mask he used to wear lol.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:44 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
They know it is just the way they do things.

BTW when you tour 345 days in a year and take that many bumps you can earn the right to call it fake till than you do not know squat. Sure it is not competitive but it is by no means fake sir.
I never said it wasn't hard. Maybe I should have said "scripted" instead of fake. Either way, the wins are pre-determined so saying "so and so defeated this guy" still carries no weight.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I never said it wasn't hard. Maybe I should have said "scripted" instead of fake. Either way, the wins are pre-determined so saying "so and so defeated this guy" still carries no weight.
of course but it is rather insulting to those of us who have done to be called fakes thats all I am saying. Sorta like me saying todays MMA star is a fraud because of all the rules and what not instead of being real Vale Tudo fighters. It is just insulting that is all. But yes it is pre-determined entertainment and not actual sport.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM

I don't care what anyone thinks - if the Undertaker decided to take up MMA I am pretty sure he'd win!

I always remember a article in the newspaper that reported WWE Wrestlers having a dust up with a load of kickboxers - and the kickboxers who thought they would beat them got smashed up.

No doubt those guys are tough!