Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Hi.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Buras

I was born in New Orleans and lived about 50 minutes below New Orleans for the first 17 years of my life. The town I grew up in is my screen name. Great place to grow up. No red lights, no chain fast food joints just a small town where fishing and oil field are the two main industries. Great place to grow up if you are a hunter or fisherman. Unfortunately Hurricane Katrina changed much of the landscape. I moved to Lafayette Louisiana in 87 and have basically been here ever since. I currently reside in Broussard Louisiana with my wife and two daughters. I am 41 years old and I am the head football coach at a 4A high school. I have never trained and consider myself a fan who has been to 3 events in Vegas and I rent a ppv monthly. Favorite fighters are Matt, Chuck, Rich and Evan Tanner (RIP)
Old 11-05-2010, 04:12 PM
billwilliams70

Greetings!

Later.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Hi-dilly-ho! I'm Chuck from Florida. I'm bald, drive a crotch-rocket & sleep in the same bed as my pet boa contrictor!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buras View Post
I was born in New Orleans and lived about 50 minutes below New Orleans for the first 17 years of my life. The town I grew up in is my screen name. Great place to grow up. No red lights, no chain fast food joints just a small town where fishing and oil field are the two main industries. Great place to grow up if you are a hunter or fisherman. Unfortunately Hurricane Katrina changed much of the landscape. I moved to Lafayette Louisiana in 87 and have basically been here ever since. I currently reside in Broussard Louisiana with my wife and two daughters. I am 41 years old and I am the head football coach at a 4A high school. I have never trained and consider myself a fan who has been to 3 events in Vegas and I rent a ppv monthly. Favorite fighters are Matt, Chuck, Rich and Evan Tanner (RIP)
Which three events did you go to?

I have also been to three UFC events...UFC 70 in Manchester and UFC 85 and UFC 120 both in London...and the first british Fan Expo too where I met Rich Franklin....let me tell you now, he does not dissapoint

I'm sorry about the hurricane
Old 11-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Buras

I went to 51, 61 and 100. My wife actually sent me and a buddy of mine to 100 as my 40th birthday present. (God Bless her what was she thiking. j/k) Our family lost everything in the hurricane but we did not lose any family members which is what matters most. I actually met all four of my favorite fighters at one event or another and all of them are great guys.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I went to 51, 61 and 100. My wife actually sent me and a buddy of mine to 100 as my 40th birthday present. (God Bless her what was she thiking. j/k) Our family lost everything in the hurricane but we did not lose any family members which is what matters most. I actually met all four of my favorite fighters at one event or another and all of them are great guys.
Between us we have a good span huh

I've met Matt and Franklin...never met Liddell...and obviously never will meet Evan Tanner
Old 11-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Buras

We sure do pal. Matt and Chuck were friendly and I probably spent the most time talking to Franklin. Tanner was real down to earth and genuine. Have to go coach a football game.(not your type of football) Talk to you later.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
We sure do pal. Matt and Chuck were friendly and I probably spent the most time talking to Franklin. Tanner was real down to earth and genuine. Have to go coach a football game.(not your type of football) Talk to you later.
you mean American Football, where they hold a ball like in rugby and wear funny masks

Yes...Franklin is quite talkative, I found that also. It helpped because I email him a bit, and he recognised me from a video I sent him

Its a small world isnt it
Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 PM
hughesfan4life

Quote:
Great to finally be hear after years of reading only. My name is Marc and I am a high school teacher and a coach. I am married with two beautiful daughters ages two and three weeks.
hi marc,i'm claire from the u.k.look forward to posting with you!