Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-03-2010, 03:55 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I hope you dont take this the wrong way Logrus...but I didnt read your post in this thread

perhaps what I've been saying for about four years is finally brushing off on you
I knew it, I knew it !!!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Chris F

I hope Silva gice Brock his wish and sets up the Nelson fight. If Brock bullies him to the ground he will submit him and Brock is not dumb enough to stand and bang again. Any hoots he will be busy guest refreing Wrestlemania if Undertaker heals in time.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I vote for D

its just proof that if you fast track someone with little experience, they will fail, sooner rather then later.

Exposed is mean...obviously he has holes in his game...his game is bound to be way behind everyone elses, he hasnt been training for years, he hasnt worked up through smaller promotions...to say he looses vs an obvious contender isnt shocking at all.

Fighting the best is a missnomer in the UFC...Frank Mir sure as hell isnt the best...and Randy Couture was out of action for nearly a year before he fought Lesnar...and he was really quite old...Best seems to be relative for the UFC anyway

Velasquez win wasnt a fluke...neither was Serra over GSP...a fluke win is a lucky win...Serra Vs GSP, was serra taking advantage of GSPs poor mental state, and GSPs mistake of letting himself crack up. Velasquez dominated and finished, and would so obviously repeat the performance if they met again tommorow...thats not the definition of a fluke.

AND HERE WE GO!!!!

Would a Fluke be Anderson Silva pulling a Submission out of his a$$ in the fifth round after getting hes face pounded into the octagon the whole night?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

AND HERE WE GO!!!!

Would a Fluke be Anderson Silva pulling a Submission out of his a$$ in the fifth round after getting hes face pounded into the octagon the whole night?
The better example of a fluke would be going out and having the best performance of your career only to then test positive for banned substances.

Chael spewed verbal diarrhea for about 6 months and got dealt a nice piece of poetic justice for his trouble. Ever since the dirty test, he's been like a ghost. The Chael wagon has crumbled in flames...
Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 PM

I think it has to be noted that stand up Brock has looked shaky. He can be hurt and starts backing up fiercely.

Randy cut him before getting smashed, Mir ws doing fine on top until he stupidly threw a flying knee and Carwin really outta of have beat Brock had he been more measured.

Cain was tight in the strikes and has been the only one to pop right up just when I thought Brock was going to win it. I think Cainw as so fresh it would have been hard to keep him down. I perhaps wonder if Brock come out too hard - he might of been better to slow the pace and really tire on Cain.

Who knows. It clearly shows that standing up Brock can be handled but you MUST be able to kick him off because at least once per fight he'll land on you.

Give him Nelson or another barnstormer before going back.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
The better example of a fluke would be going out and having the best performance of your career only to then test positive for banned substances.
: laugh:
Old 11-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:

Chael spewed verbal diarrhea for about 6 months and got dealt a nice piece of poetic justice for his trouble. Ever since the dirty test, he's been like a ghost. The Chael wagon has crumbled in flames...

LOL that's a Bada$$ little Helicopter

I'm Still Here

Oh and Juice or no Juice Chael still Pounded Silva !!!Nicely!!! (like if it was Prom Night) yes yes and he got caught in a Triangle Choke for the one Millionth time....But he still gave him the one beating he will never forget.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
LOL that's a Bada$$ little Helicopter

I'm Still Here

Oh and Juice or no Juice Chael still Pounded Silva !!!Nicely!!! (like if it was Prom Night) yes yes and he got caught in a Triangle Choke for the one Millionth time....But he still gave him the one beating he will never forget.
He definitely held Anderson down, and he landed some great shots. There is no question about that.

BUT...

To make it out as if Chael was just smashing Silva for 25 minutes is ridiculous. I've watched the fight at least 20 times and a lot of those shots were weak or didn't even land. I know when a guy looses it's easy to say he "got caught", but in Sonnen's case it's just a repeat of what he has done so many times in the past, and that's NOT properly defend submissions from the guard. So, staying busy enough to not get the fight stood up and doing it while you are on the juice is not exactly the definition of a "beating he will never forget", in my opinion.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
He definitely held Anderson down, and he landed some great shots. There is no question about that.

BUT...

To make it out as if Chael was just smashing Silva for 25 minutes is ridiculous. I've watched the fight at least 20 times and a lot of those shots were weak or didn't even land. I know when a guy looses it's easy to say he "got caught", but in Sonnen's case it's just a repeat of what he has done so many times in the past, and that's NOT properly defend submissions from the guard. So, staying busy enough to not get the fight stood up and doing it while you are on the juice is not exactly the definition of a "beating he will never forget", in my opinion.
Well regardless I'm sure He wont forget that fight...even if he just remembers it for his broken rib excuse
Old 11-04-2010, 01:31 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Well regardless I'm sure He wont forget that fight...even if he just remembers it for his broken rib excuse
Well, even Chael said that he felt the injury was legit because he expected more resistance from Anderson, and when he hit Anderson he would wince and say "ooooh Chael"...

Of course Anderson won't forget the fight, it was a tough fight and he pulled out an awesome victory through strength and perseverance. There was also a ton of hype thanks to the mouth of Oregon.