Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Just to clairify,

I don't think that Brock beats Mir on a 3rd fight. Frank HAD to have learned to stay out from under that monster.
maybe, but he doesn't have the striking or TDD to keep the fight on the feet ... and if it does go to the ground, brock will be able to avoid the subs like in the second fight and GnP mur again .. but we will never know until they fight again.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I vote for D

its just proof that if you fast track someone with little experience, they will fail, sooner rather then later.

Exposed is mean...obviously he has holes in his game...his game is bound to be way behind everyone elses, he hasnt been training for years, he hasnt worked up through smaller promotions...to say he looses vs an obvious contender isnt shocking at all.

Fighting the best is a missnomer in the UFC...Frank Mir sure as hell isnt the best...and Randy Couture was out of action for nearly a year before he fought Lesnar...and he was really quite old...Best seems to be relative for the UFC anyway

Velasquez win wasnt a fluke...neither was Serra over GSP...a fluke win is a lucky win...Serra Vs GSP, was serra taking advantage of GSPs poor mental state, and GSPs mistake of letting himself crack up. Velasquez dominated and finished, and would so obviously repeat the performance if they met again tommorow...thats not the definition of a fluke.
There was no D choice. I didn't give it.

BJ was fast tracked to the WW title back in the day..

Define "mean". It was shown fairly well in the Carwin fight that Brock has "punching issues".. and Cain.. blew the door open..

So you are saying that some current fighters that are top 10 in their class aren't fighting the best?

Cain wasn't a fluke.. that was planing.. Serra over GSP.. THAT was a fluke.. I seriously doubt that Serra had an idea of "GSPs poor mental state" (whatever that was..)

If Cain and Brock foought tomorrow??? I sersiously doubt that Brock would be bowled over that easy...
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
maybe, but he doesn't have the striking or TDD to keep the fight on the feet ... and if it does go to the ground, brock will be able to avoid the subs like in the second fight and GnP mur again .. but we will never know until they fight again.

Or he gets caught like he did in the first fight

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 11-02-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:

Who does Brock have to fight to be considered for another title shot?

Mir? Sure why not.. I would like to see that..
Nelson? LOLOLOL.. man that would be a mess....
Cain rematch? No.. not with that preformance.
Minotauro? Hmmm.....
Ben Rothwell?? Nah.. I would like to see Ben fight Roy when Roy loses..
Sounds a bit to me like Brock would like an easy fight with Roy.. Not knocking too bad.. but Roy can't hand with the top 5 HWs.. and I consider Mir top 5.. and Top 10 even for the haters...

If Brock Lesnar has his way, Roy Nelson could finally have a partner to start his 2011 fight campaign.

According to F4Wonline (via Bloody Elbow) Lesnar has asked for a fight with "Big Country," but the UFC wants a rubber match with Brock and Frank Mir.

The bad blood between Mir and Lesnar is well known and has not gone away. After getting decimated for over a minute in their first bout at UFC 81, Mir pulled off a kneebar to submit Lesnar. The stage was set for a rematch at UFC 100 when Lesnar won the UFC heavyweight title and Mir won the interim championship. A war of words would lead up to the bout, with Lesnar calling Mir's win a fluke and Mir calling Lesnar one dimensional. Lesnar retained his belt with a TKO victory and got in Mir's face afterwards. Earlier this year, Mir said he wants Lesnar to be the first death inside the Octagon.

A fight with Nelson could be a pivotal match-up for both men. Lesnar lost his UFC title after getting dominated by Cain Velasquez at UFC 121. Nelson was on wobbly legs for three rounds in his bout with Junior dos Santos at UFC 117 and never got into a rhythm. Before running into "Cigano," Nelson was on a roll, knocking out Brendan Schaub win TUF season 10, then delivering a stunning TKO to Stefan Struve.

While Lesnar's next opponent isn't known yet one thing is for sure, his next fight will generate money.

So lets hear it maniacs. What would you like to see? Lesnar-Mir III? Or Lesnar-Nelson?

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/2/17...on-who-you-ask
Old 11-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
There was no D choice. I didn't give it.

BJ was fast tracked to the WW title back in the day..

Define "mean". It was shown fairly well in the Carwin fight that Brock has "punching issues".. and Cain.. blew the door open..

So you are saying that some current fighters that are top 10 in their class aren't fighting the best?

Cain wasn't a fluke.. that was planing.. Serra over GSP.. THAT was a fluke.. I seriously doubt that Serra had an idea of "GSPs poor mental state" (whatever that was..)

If Cain and Brock foought tomorrow??? I sersiously doubt that Brock would be bowled over that easy...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Roy Nelson tagged the hell out of Dos Santos, not to mention that only Roy Nelson and Mirko Cro-Cop have even taken Dos Santos out of the first round, and Roy is the only guy to ever take him to a decision. So, the idea that Nelson can't hang is laughable.

It's also a combination of B and C, however C is just stating the obvious. There is no question that Lesnar gave it his best and fought hard and that everybody loses. However, the real truth is that a lot of things that were suspected about deficiencies in Brock's stand-up abilities were confirmed in this fight, or "exposed" as some might say.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 PM
JohnnyB

Agreed.

Natural reaction to getting punched in the face is to back away with your arms up and your head down. It takes a little more training than Brock had to get punched in the face and keep moving forward.

With that said, Brock is a stud, and will have no trouble with any fighter who is not an elite striker. I see the UFC giving Brock such an opponent next (Mir, Randy, Nelson, etc...), then giving him Carwin again to see if he can beat a good striker. After that, I see another title shot (Cain, JDS).

It is yet to be seen if if Brock will learn, and train to take punches in the face and stick to his game plan.

On a side note, I think that Brock underestimated Cain's wrestling as well as his striking, and didn't expect Cain to stand up with such ease. I would guess that will be a focus point in Brock's next camp and it won't be so easy for Cain to get up next time...
Old 11-02-2010, 08:41 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I vote for D

its just proof that if you fast track someone with little experience, they will fail, sooner rather then later.

Exposed is mean...obviously he has holes in his game...his game is bound to be way behind everyone elses, he hasnt been training for years, he hasnt worked up through smaller promotions...to say he looses vs an obvious contender isnt shocking at all.

Fighting the best is a missnomer in the UFC...Frank Mir sure as hell isnt the best...and Randy Couture was out of action for nearly a year before he fought Lesnar...and he was really quite old...Best seems to be relative for the UFC anyway

Velasquez win wasnt a fluke...neither was Serra over GSP...a fluke win is a lucky win...Serra Vs GSP, was serra taking advantage of GSPs poor mental state, and GSPs mistake of letting himself crack up. Velasquez dominated and finished, and would so obviously repeat the performance if they met again tommorow...thats not the definition of a fluke.
You could have just agreed with me instead of stealing my material. Well im just saying...
Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
You could have just agreed with me instead of stealing my material. Well im just saying...
I hope you dont take this the wrong way Logrus...but I didnt read your post in this thread

perhaps what I've been saying for about four years is finally brushing off on you
Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 AM
cds

I guess my observations of almost 1.5 years ago were spot on....

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2808