Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 AM
snakerattle79

Default Nate Marquardt: It Will Not Be The Most Exciting Fight

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.c...xciting-fight/

Hes a very hard guy to attack, so unless I can get him to come out of his shell and kind of attack me more, it could be a chess match until I find that opening and who knows how long that will take because this is for a title shot and Im not going to go in there and try to put on the most exciting fight and lose the fight.

Definitely I want to be exciting, but the main thing is I want to win this fight. Obviously if I get the chance Im going to knock him out or submit him, but the number one thing for me is to win this fight, and for me, I have to follow the game plan.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Typical Sherdogger response in 3, 2, 1....

Old 10-31-2010, 03:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

What a terrible person Nate Marquardt is...look at him attacking this innocent baby...

Old 10-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Nathan Marquardt needs to get him to come out of his shell, be exciting, AND win.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Country Breakfast

Nate might want to rethink his strategy.
Dana might "Jon Fitch" him.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast View Post
Dana might "Jon Fitch" him.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:40 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
be exciting, AND win.
I like how you say "be exciting" first.

I see it exactly the opposite. Fighters need to win first, and being exciting is just a bonus. The first thought on the mind of a fighter shouldn't be, "how can I be exciting to make the fans happy?". That's a ticket to a short career.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I like how you say "be exciting" first.

I see it exactly the opposite. Fighters need to win first, and being exciting is just a bonus. The first thought on the mind of a fighter shouldn't be, "how can I be exciting to make the fans happy?". That's a ticket to a short career.
exactly ... winning keeps you in the hunt .. being excited in a loss, no matter how exciting you are still drops you down the ranks ... people bring up jon fitch as being boring and not getting a title shot ... dana didn't like the fact he turned down a fight with matt, didn't like the whole thing over the video game, doesn't like the fact that jon won't fight koscheck or swick ... so yeah, being boring may have a little to do with it, but it isn't everything ... look at chael sonnen, he was boring as hell in his wins over marquart, miller and okami, but he still got the shot ...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
exactly ... winning keeps you in the hunt .. being excited in a loss, no matter how exciting you are still drops you down the ranks ... people bring up jon fitch as being boring and not getting a title shot ... dana didn't like the fact he turned down a fight with matt, didn't like the whole thing over the video game, doesn't like the fact that jon won't fight koscheck or swick ... so yeah, being boring may have a little to do with it, but it isn't everything ... look at chael sonnen, he was boring as hell in his wins over marquart, miller and okami, but he still got the shot ...

Can I ask? What happen with John Fitch and the Video Game? I heard something about it on Ariel Helwanis Podcast. Dave Camarillo just said that they were a very united camp blah blah blah and that they where all together to help John Fitch when the incident of the game happened. But I don't know what hes talking about?? Or remember ever hearing anything about it?

When did John turn down a fight with Matt? I thought him and Koscheck where the ones calling Matt out? but Matt said he didn't feel that they deserve fighting him or something like that??? don't quote me on that LOL
Old 11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

jon fitch and other fighters at AKA didn't want to sign their likeness away to the UFC videogame because they felt it was giving up too much ... he was dropped by the UFC and then picked up again a day later when he agreed to sign it ... something like that ... here is an article ... i haven't read it, so don't know if it is 100% accurate.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?...cakafeud111908

also, when matt serra pulled out of the hughes title fight, i believe jon fitch was given first crack at that fight and turned it down .. i remember reading it somewhere .. i will look for a source ..